• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official "what would you trade for Corey Schneider" thread

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
has been mentioned in a few threads, but let's get it on the table.
- presumably JVR's stock has risen in the playoffs.
- Canucks can't take a long-term $5m+ contract (ala Carter)

Schneider got in 25 games this year, with number's strikingly similar to Luongo's: GAA - 2.23 (Lou was 2.11), save % of .929 (Lou was .928).
He's ready to be a starter, and a good one.

so who's on the table? JVR still? Meszaros? some hotshot prospect that i don't know about?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the team surgeon?

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
has been mentioned in a few threads, but let's get it on the table.
- presumably JVR's stock has risen in the playoffs.
- Canucks can't take a long-term $5m+ contract (ala Carter)

Schneider got in 25 games this year, with number's strikingly similar to Luongo's: GAA - 2.23 (Lou was 2.11), save % of .929 (Lou was .928).
He's ready to be a starter, and a good one.

so who's on the table? JVR still? Meszaros? some hotshot prospect that i don't know about?

you can have matt carle, jody shelley, or scott hartnell.....hell you can have all of them

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
you can have matt carle, jody shelley, or scott hartnell.....hell you can have all of them

My bad - I should have been more clear:

no, we don't want your overpaid garbage.
why the fuck would ANYBODY want Jody Shelley, for any price?

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My bad - I should have been more clear:

no, we don't want your overpaid garbage.
why the fuck would ANYBODY want Jody Shelley, for any price?

i hope you don't think i was serious. that being said, looking at the two teams i don't think we are good trading partners. not a shot in hell that they would trade JVR for Schneider and other than that you guys can't afford one of our more expensive guys so, i think its beat.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
i hope you don't think i was serious. that being said, looking at the two teams i don't think we are good trading partners. not a shot in hell that they would trade JVR for Schneider and other than that you guys can't afford one of our more expensive guys so, i think its beat.

yeah... I was just hoping for something I was overlooking on the rosters.
crazy thing is, I think JVR could have been had earlier in the season, but Schneider's value hadn't been proven at that point.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think the flyers will move for a goalie unless they can trade jeff carter for him.. like dspice said i dont know if they flyers have the right pieces for the canucks to want to deal schnieder to the flyers.. schnieder is going to get a big return, but it has to be the right return

IMO the flyers will try to move carter for a young big winger on his first or 2nd contract (aka lower price).. then try to move a d-man (hopefully carle) for picks/prospects.. then sign vokoun (hopefully) or bryzgalov

the way the flyers are set up, they don't need a young up-and-coming goalie like bernier or schnieder, they will cost too much in the talent department, and the only real NHL prospects the flyers have are bobrovsky and ericsson, who are both goalies.. the rest of the prospect pool is barren

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then try to move a d-man (hopefully carle)

Finally someone else sees that Carle is overpaid, overrated and overall just terrible and relies on Prongs for his stats. Theres a reason hes been traded 2 times in his short career.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally someone else sees that Carle is overpaid, overrated and overall just terrible and relies on Prongs for his stats. Theres a reason hes been traded 2 times in his short career.

carle and pronger feed off each other.. and carle played very poorly in the playoffs.. its not that i think carle is terrible, though i do think he's a bit overpaid

mesz was easily the best d-man the flyers had all season, regardless of who was in the lineup
timmo's contract is immovable
pronger's contract is immovable
OD wont get resigned

so its really a question of coburn or carle, and coburn wins that battle hands down

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah... I was just hoping for something I was overlooking on the rosters.
crazy thing is, I think JVR could have been had earlier in the season, but Schneider's value hadn't been proven at that point.

How about Luongo? :D

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
How about Luongo? :D

I can answer that after these playoffs :twitch:
Figure you guys would be worried about these forever contracts.

Schneider has payed well enough that whenever Lou stumbled, there was a groundswell to dump his contract and just keep Corey.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit. He is 25. How bout Carle and Powe??? (Hoping you are under the influence of drugs)