• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official "Trade for Pronger's Replacement" Thread

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I dont want to ruin regular Pronger Concussion threads.

Awaz made a list of dmen he'd like over Pronger, but wouldnt count on them all being available.

CapGeek.com :: It's a numbers game :: The definitive source for NHL salary cap data and player contracts :: NHL Free Agents

Off the bat, I would love a trade for the following impending FAs:

Suter, Souray, Boychuk, Hannan. Weber too, but I really cant even think about this. Way too far fetched. All 4 of these guys would probably be able to resign, depending on haw much we would want to keep Suter (Make it #1 priority) or Souray's age.

Honestly though, we'll probably just resign Carle for too much and have some nioce Versteegy cap space for the deadline, but fuck that. Fap to this thread. Shea fucking Weber.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll take Shea Weber for the price of free.

I would love him but don't want to give up any of our talent unless we can resign him. I don't know who they would want. Don;t want to give up Shenn, Read, or Cooter which are our top prospects. They don't need Bob. Marshall/Harry Z for Weber? Doubt they would go for that.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would love him but don't want to give up any of our talent unless we can resign him. I don't know who they would want. Don;t want to give up Shenn, Read, or Cooter which are our top prospects. They don't need Bob. Marshall/Harry Z for Weber? Doubt they would go for that.

Harry Z, Simmonds, 1st. (I dont want to give up a 1st, but let's be honest it will be gone by June)

We win this obviously, but the preds get a solid return for a dman not returning.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the money goes partially to a Voracek extension

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weber IMO is probably untouchable. I would do Suter for Carle and Schenn. This will hurt. That may be too much in Preds favor. However, Schenn hasn't done anything at this point to have huge value. The chemistry is great now and that is why I put Schenn in this trade.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weber IMO is probably untouchable. I would do Suter for Carle and Schenn. This will hurt. That may be too much in Preds favor. However, Schenn hasn't done anything at this point to have huge value. The chemistry is great now and that is why I put Schenn in this trade.

I think youre under estimating Schenn. Sure he hasnt done anything at the NHL level, but being the sports #1 prospect has plenty of value.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think youre under estimating Schenn. Sure he hasnt done anything at the NHL level, but being the sports #1 prospect has plenty of value.

I agree with you here. However do you think a GM is going to surrender a top tier Dman for a top flight prospect, who is currently out with a concussion, and has only played a handful of games. Again, I agree with you. I want to keep Schenn. I just think in order to get a solid dman in this league, you are going to pay a pretty penny in return. Very good top dmen have higher value right now.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't understand why people think Schenn is touchable. IMO he is 100% untouchable. If not for his amazing potential that he has not been able to prove yet, it is for the principle that we traded a franchise player in hopes of receiving another franchise player.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with you here. However do you think a GM is going to surrender a top tier Dman for a top flight prospect, who is currently out with a concussion, and has only played a handful of games. Again, I agree with you. I want to keep Schenn. I just think in order to get a solid dman in this league, you are going to pay a pretty penny in return. Very good top dmen have higher value right now.

If a dman is going to hit the open market, then they have to settle for something. If they continue to fight for a playoff spot, obviously his value goes up. If not why not get something for him rather then letting him walk?

Not saying either Weber or Suter will be cheap, but I do not give up a Schenn, Read, Cooter for him.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I also understand what you are saying. I would pay top dollar for a guy like Weber in a heart beat. The problem is tough that he is a free agent. There goes some value, who knows if he signs? Not to mention if the Preds are openly dealing him, it means he is the odd man out between him and Suter getting resigned. (If the choose Suter over Weber though they have no idea what they are doing) Teams will realize with Suter and Rinne signed Weber will 100% not come back, and Nashville can either take a low ball offer or let him walk.

Not saying Shitty and a 5th will do it, but we are not paying for Weber, we are paying for a rental Weber and his FA rights.

I don't understand why people think Schenn is touchable. IMO he is 100% untouchable. If not for his amazing potential that he has not been able to prove yet, it is for the principle that we traded a franchise player in hopes of receiving another franchise player.

Id say Weber is a franchise player. :)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not doing anything at this point. why would they? everything they do is magic right now.. if i'm homer i wait til after gust returns and see where things are.. bourdon looks like a serviceable (if not more so) 5/6 guy, gust looked the same before he went down, marshall makes me nervous now and then, but he's been serviceable as well.. i'm also perfectly fine w/ timo/coburn as the top 2, and mesz and carle being 3/4.. the flyers aren't that hurt by the pronger injury IMO.. i'd look to add a big name at the deadline, but certainly not now.. and when i'm looking then, schenn, cooter, and read are off limits.. actually, come to think of it, just about everyone on the roster is off-limits..

but IMO, carle has upped his passing game over the last few games to fill in for pronger on the outlet.. and bourdon is probably more physical than pronger has been as a flyer.. add gust when he comes back and you have a physical or puck mover option at 6 with gust or marshall.. the better move might be just for experience on the back end, rather then a talent increase

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you wait until the deadline the assets needed in the trade can go down as teams are hoping to get something in return for possibly nothing. Especially teams like the canes who are out. by also waiting it out they get to see where guys like bourdon are at if this kid can be a solid 5th then maybe they hold tight. It also allows them to upgrade a guy like carle. Although he's been playing well! At least they're playing well looks like prongers loss last season has them more prepared this year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you wait until the deadline the assets needed in the trade can go down as teams are hoping to get something in return for possibly nothing. Especially teams like the canes who are out. by also waiting it out they get to see where guys like bourdon are at if this kid can be a solid 5th then maybe they hold tight. It also allows them to upgrade a guy like carle. Although he's been playing well! At least they're playing well looks like prongers loss last season has them more prepared this year.

no doubt.. everyone is making such a big deal about this like its something new.. the flyers have been pretty much without pronger since march.. its really not that big of a deal to me, this team is fuckin good.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Id say Weber is a franchise player. :)

Indeed he is. But you answered my concern. He is a free agent. I would give up something nice for him IF and only IF we had a contract worked out pre-trade. He is only a franchise player is he belongs to your franchise for a decent amount of years.

I'm not giving up schenn, read, cooter for a rental. That would just be dumb. Now if we can get a deal worked out and guarantee a shea weber calibre player will be on our team for many years, absofuckinglutely

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are dreamers... :lol:

Weber in black and orange... :pound: