• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2019 Chicago White Sox Thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would certainly be between Giolito or Verlander through the first two months.
Verlander would likely get the edge due to his season-long consistency, but no one has been hotter than Giolito this past month. He's won his last 6 starts with a 1.03 ERA during this span. If the league hasn't already announced it, he should get the May's AL Pitcher of the Month with relative ease.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amazing part is at this stage of the season, we're only 2 games back from the 2nd WC spot - of course along with 4 or 5 other teams as well. But even to say that in the beginning of June we're actually in the playoff hunt sounds a bit surreal. A lot of season left no doubt, so no chicken counting here, but at least we're not embarrassing ourselves like we were at this same point last year.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amazing part is at this stage of the season, we're only 2 games back from the 2nd WC spot - of course along with 4 or 5 other teams as well. But even to say that in the beginning of June we're actually in the playoff hunt sounds a bit surreal. A lot of season left no doubt, so no chicken counting here, but at least we're not embarrassing ourselves like we were at this same point last year.
If Lopez and Nova can muster ERAs around 4 the rest of the way, Herrera pitches like he has historically, Giolito keeps turning in quality starts, and the offense holds, a WC is not out of the question this year. Weirder things have happened. I would imagine Hahn looks to do something clever at the deadline. Lopez, Nova, Giolito all need to sniff 200 IP this year. Covey is feast or famine.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, it's fun watching a rebuild start to lift off. You can see how they are going to look when they are really good....next year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lopez and Nova can muster ERAs around 4 the rest of the way, Herrera pitches like he has historically, Giolito keeps turning in quality starts, and the offense holds, a WC is not out of the question this year. Weirder things have happened. I would imagine Hahn looks to do something clever at the deadline. Lopez, Nova, Giolito all need to sniff 200 IP this year. Covey is feast or famine.

Cease is expected up very soon, according to those with knowledge of the situation.

Kuechel and Stroman are possibilities for outside help. Although, I have a feeling Kuechel goes to the Yankees.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cease is expected up very soon, according to those with knowledge of the situation.

Kuechel and Stroman are possibilities for outside help. Although, I have a feeling Kuechel goes to the Yankees.
Today the draft pick compensation ends for Keuchel and Kimbrel. Will be interesting to see where they land. The Sox certainly don’t need Kimbrel due to Colome being solid as ever. I just hope Hahn doesn’t trade Colome. I can see Hahn trading Colome and Abreu, the thought of which makes me wince.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today the draft pick compensation ends for Keuchel and Kimbrel. Will be interesting to see where they land. The Sox certainly don’t need Kimbrel due to Colome being solid as ever. I just hope Hahn doesn’t trade Colome. I can see Hahn trading Colome and Abreu, the thought of which makes me wince.

It seems like both the organization and Abreu want him to be around as a veteran centerpiece/leader throughout the entire process of building this team. IMO, if he was going to be traded - it would have happened.

Colome? It's possible. We'll see where the team is at in the standings following the ASB.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ended up taking the consensus best hitter in the draft. A power blaster who also hits for average and has an insane SO rate under 10% - that's not a misprint, he strikes out less than one in ten ABs. That would be good for a singles hitter, but one who goes yard a lot? Incredible.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ended up taking the consensus best hitter in the draft. A power blaster who also hits for average and has an insane SO rate under 10% - that's not a misprint, he strikes out less than one in ten ABs. That would be good for a singles hitter, but one who goes yard a lot? Incredible.

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaughn was a Great pick, and very happy they did not go the CJ Abrams route, who was more of a 4- 5 year Project.

Vaughn should be up by latter part of 2020,
and along with Madrigal, Luis Robert and the others, they will only strengthen this already solid young offense.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't keeping track like that, but it sure did seem like this kid could not hold a lead the Sox would give him. When you can't hold a 5 run lead, you have no business being a starting pitcher.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bases loaded, nobody out with tim anderson coming up and he k's on 3 pitches and sanchez hits into a dp.
can't DO this!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness, do we play bad baseball versus Washington and Anibal Sanchez or what? Utterly pitiful the way we've played vs them in all three games.

I do not presume that much will change tonight with Banuelos pitching against Corbin. Moncada also day-to-day with upper back tightness. How lovely...