• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the obligatory forsberg rumor

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
for a minute there i thought is was summer 2009, or 2008...take your pick.

it is summer. and i am bored.

Blues forward Alex Steen skated several weeks this summer with many Swedish players including Daniel and Henrik Sedin, Victor Hedman, and a guy named Petr Forsberg who continues to recover from a recent foot surgery. Word is Forsberg wants to return to the NHL and has looked good over the summer. Steen tells me he could easily walk into an NHL dressing room and be one of the best players immediately. For me it comes down to not only health but how committed he is to playing. If he can’t be counted on to play every night does it make sense for a team to take a shot? He’d look good in a Blues uniform and maybe even more important he’d help a team in financial need sell some tickets.

HockeyBuzz.com - Andy Strickland - Forsberg Looking Good? MaltBy To Sign + Rink Rats

we are the flyers, and there can never be too many centers.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign him, give him 3rd line minutes, PP time, sit back and enjoy.

We hear this every year, I truly do wish Foopa the best luck and would love to see him back in the orange and black but until he shows up in an NHL facility to skate this will only be a rumor.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame Gagne's gone. Those 2 made such a perfect pairing.

The 35 games that Gagne misses every year could be the 35 games that Forsberg decides his foot is healthy enough to play. Such a shame, really.
div201.gif

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to say, but that ship has sailed already. :(

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'd sign him before the trade deadline in spring to the league min plus incentives, if for no other reason than to use him on the pp.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
id rather have an injured forsberg for league minimum than jody shelly for 1.1 mil....

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
id rather have an injured forsberg for league minimum than jody shelly for 1.1 mil....

...word.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright not to put Gags down cause I absolutely love the guy but if Foppa came back he should be playing with Giroux and either JVR or Carter. 1 season with Foopa and you'd see those 3 start to hit their talent ceiling a lot sooner.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alright not to put Gags down cause I absolutely love the guy but if Foppa came back he should be playing with Giroux and either JVR or Carter. 1 season with Foopa and you'd see those 3 start to hit their talent ceiling a lot sooner.

...word.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i really wonder that if forsberg can finally solve his foot issues..would he still be effective?
i think at this age..and being seperated from the league for a good 2 years..if he was in fact healthy and able to come back..i think he could play around 60 games and maybe contribute 25-30 points

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with woot.. as much talent as the guy had, i dont think you can rehab a foot injury for 2-3 years and come back anywhere close to what you were before..

he should throw in the towel and coach the PP somewhere.. he'd be a great PP coach i think

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with woot.. as much talent as the guy had, i dont think you can rehab a foot injury for 2-3 years and come back anywhere close to what you were before..

he should throw in the towel and coach the PP somewhere.. he'd be a great PP coach i think

Umm.. he played last year in Sweden and I believe he played the whole year. His foot is doing a lot better right now, don't worry though he wont come here if he comes back to the NHL. As of now the Nucks are the front runner..

Shit I think Peter could still out skate some of the players out there today and with his pinpoint passing any team is sure to get a boost.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he's not going to play for anyone that isn't a lock to make the playoffs. and likely won't play for anyone unless they are stacked with talent already.

....penguins anyone?

....how bout washington?

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's not going to play for anyone that isn't a lock to make the playoffs. and likely won't play for anyone unless they are stacked with talent already.

....penguins anyone?

....how bout washington?

The Flyers are just as good if not better then both the Pens and the Caps. While they may not have the big offensive name the others have they are one of the most well rounded teams in the league. We have scoring depth and a rock solid defense backing them up. As far as goal tending goes, Pens have a legit #1, the Caps and Flyers are kinda in the same boat though.

As Chicago proved last year the DEEPEST team won the cup not the team with the biggest names(even though they are not lacking in that department either).

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as goal tending goes, Pens have a legit #1, the Caps and Flyers are kinda in the same boat though.

Ha!

And I would say the Caps are in the same kind boat as the Flyers, but perhaps a little farther downstream. You know, a young Russian goalie who is the heir apparent to a line of horrible goalies being chased by another European of the same age tearing up the lower leagues who is probably a better prospect than the Russian.