• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL Season

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on percentage what % chance do you think the NFL plays this year?

I say 30%

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
70/30 at this point.

OTA's get postponed they might be okay. Gets into training camp they might delay.

Gets into preseason, it may be a delayed or shortened season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing to back this up, It's just the way I think things will occur. This virus will mamx out by the third week in April. It will take weeks of declining numbers to get things rolling again.

I think that the NFL will make significant changes in the practice rules and NFLPA will concur.

June 15-19 - No pads exercise and conditioning and medical evaluations
June 22-23 - Rookie Education and intrduction to NFL
June 25-27 - OTA
June 28-July 5 -- No Team activities at all

July 6,8,10 - Two a days, full pads, Max 5 hours of practice
July 13-18: 20-24: 28-31 Regular single practices

Aug 13-29 Three preseason games for each team. Schedule TBD

Thursday September 3, 2020 NFL Season Opens

Not wishing or hoping.......I honestly think that this is the way it will go.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be a season.

Shortened maybe, but too much $ to be lost otherwise.

Look how hard the NFL is pushing to not slide the draft back.

How is Vegas handling this shutdown? Billions everyday the strip is losing out on.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing to back this up, It's just the way I think things will occur. This virus will mamx out by the third week in April. It will take weeks of declining numbers to get things rolling again.

I think that the NFL will make significant changes in the practice rules and NFLPA will concur.

June 15-19 - No pads exercise and conditioning and medical evaluations
June 22-23 - Rookie Education and intrduction to NFL
June 25-27 - OTA
June 28-July 5 -- No Team activities at all

July 6,8,10 - Two a days, full pads, Max 5 hours of practice
July 13-18: 20-24: 28-31 Regular single practices

Aug 13-29 Three preseason games for each team. Schedule TBD

Thursday September 3, 2020 NFL Season Opens

Not wishing or hoping.......I honestly think that this is the way it will go.

I have read that it will not peak until June.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, the NFL is not caving into politics or anything else. The NFL and free agency are the only thing that millions of sports fans can turn to for some distraction away from the COVID-19.

All indications are that the Draft will not be held in Las Vegas. It's felt that by that time, people will be so desperate to get out and be with someone other than family that the draft will be a human magnet.

Nothing is in concrete but one idea is to have teams have two to four people in a large enough room so they can sit at least six feet from each other. Those rooms will be at each teams' stadium. Each selection will be called into the draft headquarters and announced on a national TV broadcast. Teams will have cameras in those rooms if they wish.

My guess is that the Patriots would use Nick Caserio's office. When I was there, the two side walls were white boards one side was completely slotted for name bars. The office had to be no less than 16' x 30'.
I could easily see Caserio, Belichick, McDaniels and Mayo sitting at separate desks with four computer screens each. All of them talking to each other with headsets.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA has a target date to start back up sometime in May. I doubt it happens but if that is the case then the NFL season will not be delayed.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, the NFL is not caving into politics or anything else. The NFL and free agency are the only thing that millions of sports fans can turn to for some distraction away from the COVID-19.

All indications are that the Draft will not be held in Las Vegas. It's felt that by that time, people will be so desperate to get out and be with someone other than family that the draft will be a human magnet.

Nothing is in concrete but one idea is to have teams have two to four people in a large enough room so they can sit at least six feet from each other. Those rooms will be at each teams' stadium. Each selection will be called into the draft headquarters and announced on a national TV broadcast. Teams will have cameras in those rooms if they wish.

My guess is that the Patriots would use Nick Caserio's office. When I was there, the two side walls were white boards one side was completely slotted for name bars. The office had to be no less than 16' x 30'.
I could easily see Caserio, Belichick, McDaniels and Mayo sitting at separate desks with four computer screens each. All of them talking to each other with headsets.

Well, thanks for answering the question...:noidea:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until we have a vaccine, life has changed as we know it.

If we flatten the curve successfully, which is doubful right now with cases doubling every 3-4 days, it will spread out to a longer duration.

If we do not successfully flatten the curve, there will be such a trail of bodies even the millenials will be devastated

If we have a vaccine this year, we might see some football this winter.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until we have a vaccine, life has changed as we know it.

If we flatten the curve successfully, which is doubful right now with cases doubling every 3-4 days, it will spread out to a longer duration.

If we do not successfully flatten the curve, there will be such a trail of bodies even the millenials will be devastated

If we have a vaccine this year, we might see some football this winter.....
So much information and misinformation running around that it's difficult to know anything for sure. But If it's as bad as you think then millenials are the best off group. First, they have very few high risk individuals, given most haven't had enough time to age, or wreck their livers, hearts, and or lungs. Second, the worry over something like social security going bankrupt would disappear during the crisis and many of the jobs that baby boomers refuse to retire from will now be open.

Even other groups would fair ok. Most people pose a far greater risk of being carriers than themselves being gravely affected. Once the high risk individuals are cycled through (through extensive health care or unfortunately the other outcome) the issue will be over. We'd all have heavy hearts over those we lost but most wouldn't be more impacted, as often stated, than a cold or flu.

I'm not a doctor, clearly. I've done my best to gather all facts objectively and collate everything together. I'm not blaming "libs" or "tea-baggers" or China, or anybody else. I'm just trying to listen and separate out the noise.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% chance of an NFL season this year ... whether it’ll have an asterisk after it is another thing

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% chance of an NFL season this year ... whether it’ll have an asterisk after it is another thing

The way things are going, the curve won't begin to flatten until June or July and that's if someone can come up with a medicine to treat it or a vaccine that works immediately. Once that's determined it will take 60-90 days to get things in the right direction to return to what we once called normal. Professional sports will not be given front of the line privileges. They will not be given health exemptions.

Right now Goodell is standing up like a warrior and says that the Draft will take place April 23-25.

The problem is that 32 NFL Football stadiums are completely shut down and won't be allowed to reopen until they've been sterilized.