• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL 8-8-8 Draft SF 1 : UK vs Robot

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but that makes no sense at all, much in line with most things you've said today. Here's a cookie.

xbig_cookie,P5B1,P5D.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xzhbbmWPaa.jpg

It makes no sense you voted on one matchup? Yes, I agree lolzz

I like nuts in my cookies btw

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think UK proved you DONT need great WR’s to win. A solid front 7 and lines, great offense scheme with QB and RB. You dont need a great secondary, it helps but he has a pretty solid one for no HOFrs imo
Gonna have to disagree with that. Nos does have a point. Putting this game aside and just looking at football in general. While a solid front 7 does play a role. WRs and secondary are just as important. If a team can’t sustain a passing game defenses will stack the run. If WRs are being blanketed and are mismatched I’m the secondary. A solid Dline will get pressure on any oline “coverage sacks”. Mobile QBs , RBs that can receive and systems like quick short yardage passing attacks can alleviate that. But I couldn’t say WRs and secondary don’t play a major role in football. Offensive lines and defensive lines are only as good as the pieces around them. But that’s jmo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to disagree with that. Nos does have a point. Putting this game aside and just looking at football in general. While a solid front 7 does play a role. WRs and secondary are just as important. If a team can’t sustain a passing game defenses will stack the run. If WRs are being blanketed and are mismatched I’m the secondary. A solid Dline will get pressure on any oline “coverage sacks”. Mobile QBs , RBs that can receive and systems like quick short yardage passing attacks can alleviate that. But I couldn’t say WRs and secondary don’t play a major role in football. Offensive lines and defensive lines are only as good as the pieces around them. But that’s jmo

But I never said they weren’t important, they are simply overvalued to the point where you need greats in both groups to win. LOS, the trenches, is ultimately where the game is won imo. You still need weapons but we have seen examples of QB’s winning with good weapons but not great (Brady and Rodgers). Everything is important.

Basically Nos is saying Moss is more important than blocking the QB. You cant find WR’s if you dont have time.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I never said they weren’t important, they are simply overvalued to the point where you need greats in both groups to win. LOS, the trenches, is ultimately where the game is won imo. You still need weapons but we have seen examples of QB’s winning with good weapons but not great (Brady and Rodgers). Everything is important.

Basically Nos is saying Moss is more important than blocking the QB. You cant find WR’s if you dont have time.
The trenches are only one aspect of the game. Of you don’t have a solid secondary WRs get open and the Dline doesn’t have time. An elite secondary gives a Dline time. Just as elite WRs reduce the amount of time a Dline has to get a pass rush. Or how long an oline has to block. This is actually where I think WLK had the edge in his game. He didn’t need a FB or TE.DT and LT made a living out of bringing pressure. But Faulk was one of if not the best receiving backs to play the game. Warner exploits that pressure hitting Faulk in space. Oline and Dline play a part. But they’re both heavily effected by personnel and systems. I actually think secondary is vastly under rated plays a big role in what happens in the trenches

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, this game was probably the tighest matchup. I didnt even vote (didnt have to) bc I really couldnt choose. It really all depends on matchups, just saying like we all know WR’s are overvalued and secondary..to a point. LOS play is undervalued

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, this game was probably the tighest matchup. I didnt even vote (didnt have to) bc I really couldnt choose. It really all depends on matchups, just saying like we all know WR’s are overvalued and secondary..to a point. LOS play is undervalued
I actually think it’s the opposite. I think secondary and wr are undervalued and the trenches tend to be a little over valued. The lines were actually really close in this one. I may have had a slight edge to even on Dline. May have had a slight edge at LB. but the secondary was a pretty significant difference. That added to my Dline. UK had an edge on oline but his WRs would have been a disadvantage to his line. Where Cunningham was an advantage to my line. Especially with Branch, Casper and Reed to work with. There’s a lot of variables when it comes to “the trenches”.I’ve actually run teams with the lines stacked where I lost because of secondary and wr not being as strong. Which is understandable. I get some love Dline oline. But they both go beyond just the front 7 and offensive lineman. With a solid secondary and mismatches on WRs. The run game and oline collapse. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying they don’t play a role. But personel, skill sets and systems play a larger role than some may realize.

Don’t get me wrong I love uks team especially Campbell he’s one of my all time favorites. And I’m not talking about this game I’m generalizing. But I can’t base a game on the lines. Or say WR and secondary are over rated. When every position and systems have a direct impact on what happens in the trenches

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think it’s the opposite. I think secondary and we are undervalued and the trenches tend to be a little over valued. The lines were actually really close in this one. I may have had a slight edge to even on Dline. May have had a slight edge at LB. but the secondary was a pretty significant difference. That added to my Dline. UK had an edge on oline but his WRs would have been a disadvantage to his line. Where Cunningham was an advantage to my line. Especially with Branch, Casper and Reed to work with. There’s a lot of variables when it comes to “the trenches”.I’ve actually run teams with the lines stacked where I lost because of secondary and wr not being as strong. Which is understandable. I get some love Dline oline. But they both go beyond just the front 7 and offensive lineman. With a solid secondary and mismatches on WRs. The run game and oline collapse. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying they don’t play a role. But personel, skill sets and systems play a larger role than some may realize.

Don’t get me wrong I love uks team especially Campbell he’s one of my all time favorites. And I’m not talking about this game I’m generalizing. But I can’t base a game on the lines. Or say WR and secondary are over rated. When every position and systems have a direct impact on what happens in the trenches

My debate has been overall in these mocks too fyi. Secondary isnt undervalued imo, the trenches are. It seems to flipping as time goes which is actually a good thing. It all depends on the type of draft also, so reallt there isnt anything set in stone which is why I love these mocks. I value secondary as much as the next guy still a top 3 need but WR’s is the main overvalue. I mean Moss is taken overall..pretty much says it all. In an all-time draft the first 2 rounds...a lot of CB’s are gone. Rod, Deion, Blount, Night Train, Woodson, Bailey...I love all those guys do like I said secondary is a huge need.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My debate has been overall in these mocks too fyi. Secondary isnt undervalued imo, the trenches are. It seems to flipping as time goes which is actually a good thing. It all depends on the type of draft also, so reallt there isnt anything set in stone which is why I love these mocks. I value secondary as much as the next guy still a top 3 need but WR’s is the main overvalue. I mean Moss is taken overall..pretty much says it all. In an all-time draft the first 2 rounds...a lot of CB’s are gone. Rod, Deion, Blount, Night Train, Woodson, Bailey...I love all those guys do like I said secondary is a huge need.
From my observations throughout NFL drafts. The trenches generally get more credit. But everything interlinked. Look at the Raiders Rams game for example. The Rams what the highest paid Dline in football? As much as I don't like Gruden. The Raiders line didnt have to do much. The quick passing game and tempo took that Dline out of the game. The only time the rams got pressure was when the Rams secondary locked down. Their secondary won that game when they started jumping routes. Mack was having a career day until Rodgers went up tempo and the bears secondary couldn't hold. Secondary is valued for good reason imo. Point is I'm taking a Dline with an elite secondary. Or a system with play makers over an Oline or Dline. What happens in the trenches runs a lot deeper than the online or front 7. Either way this was a fun draft it was nice to take Randall. Surprised he's not picked more often. He adds a whole new dimension

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondary isnt undervalued imo, the trenches are

I think it's funny you decided to put your foot down in this draft. Just happens to be the draft your idol goes offensive line heavy... hmmmm

Yay Terry Glenn :cheer2:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my observations throughout NFL drafts. The trenches generally get more credit. But everything interlinked. Look at the Raiders Rams game for example. The Rams what the highest paid Dline in football? As much as I don't like Gruden. The Raiders line didnt have to do much. The quick passing game and tempo took that Dline out of the game. The only time the rams got pressure was when the Rams secondary locked down. Their secondary won that game when they started jumping routes. Mack was having a career day until Rodgers went up tempo and the bears secondary couldn't hold. Secondary is valued for good reason imo. Point is I'm taking a Dline with an elite secondary. Or a system with play makers over an Oline or Dline. What happens in the trenches runs a lot deeper than the online or front 7. Either way this was a fun draft it was nice to take Randall. Surprised he's not picked more often. He adds a whole new dimension

Maybe the best post I have ever seen from you.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the best post I have ever seen from you.
Yall got me thinking. When I had more time to sit down read and think. There’s a lot to learn from everyone here with each draft.And you really gain a whole new perspective.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious when oline play started to matter. I have prioritized Lineplay and have had the best oline in countless drafts and it results in an early exit.

I actually for the first time lowered my priority for it because it always hurt my teams.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious when oline play started to matter. I have prioritized Lineplay and have had the best oline in countless drafts and it results in an early exit.

I actually for the first time lowered my priority for it because it always hurt my teams.

UKs team is all about his offensive line... if a team cant penetrate(used the word for all you gheys) his line, then his run game will dominate... Unfortunately, for,meebs even though he is a defensive strong team, I don't think his line is good enough(problem with having your two STUDS being tackles)...

I got UK...

I was kinda curious when I became mebert. Does this make you devil now meebs?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kinda curious when I became mebert. Does this make you devil now meebs?

Damn. You caught that. Was hoping it would just remain unnoticed so I didn’t have to explain myself.

But basically you turned into meebs. Not a bad thing. He has a hot GF/wife