• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The New ufc 249 card May 9th

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantastic card

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it’s the lack of sports but I’m extremely pumped

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This card is going to be amazing. Can't wait.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday is gonna be a great night.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Card delivered.

Thought Cejudo/Cruz might have ended a little early but other than that, great show.

Same here. I would have pointed to the Hardy/de castro fight as the only one to disappoint, but even then, we find out after the fight he hurt his foot in one of the kicks. So now maybe I'll say the Nagano was the most disappointing, but wth, I aint' getting in a cage with him.

I agreed with them calling the cruz fight. Even if he got back up, he was going to get killed. And the title match was a beast. Gaethje impressed the hell out of me. i lol when he tossed his belt to the canvas.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. I would have pointed to the Hardy/de castro fight as the only one to disappoint, but even then, we find out after the fight he hurt his foot in one of the kicks. So now maybe I'll say the Nagano was the most disappointing, but wth, I aint' getting in a cage with him.

I agreed with them calling the cruz fight. Even if he got back up, he was going to get killed. And the title match was a beast. Gaethje impressed the hell out of me. i lol when he tossed his belt to the canvas.

The round was over though. And its not like his head was bouncing off the mat. He was already getting up. No way you stop that when you the bell is seconds away in that situation.

Anywho this was the best card in a long time. Only the womens match was not great.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The round was over though. And its not like his head was bouncing off the mat. He was already getting up. No way you stop that when you the bell is seconds away in that situation.

That particular official, Keith Peterson, has been in a few controversial calls. One other he stopped for no reason and there are two or three where he let a KO'd man take another 5 - 10 brutal head shots before he stepped in. There's not a lot of consistancy with him at those moments.

I think he may be a little gun shy cause those fights he didn't stop were brutal and he took a lot of heat.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s ridiculous how many punches and kicks Ferguson took...I mean is he a robot

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s ridiculous how many punches and kicks Ferguson took...I mean is he a robot

I zero'd our my vcash cause I took ferguson to win. :L

I knew ferguson could take a punch and thought he was a better fighter than Gaethje ... but Gaethje put on a clinic. Ferguson's face was pulp.

GettyImages-1223922881.jpg

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I zero'd our my vcash cause I took ferguson to win. :L

I knew ferguson could take a punch and thought he was a better fighter than Gaethje ... but Gaethje put on a clinic. Ferguson's face was pulp.

GettyImages-1223922881.jpg

This was the most disciplined fight I've ever seen from Gaethje. If dude is putting it together like this and showing restraint he could be a problem for Khabib. Gaethje is an All-American wrestler too and even though he never uses it in the cage, it prevents people from taking him down. Should be a really interesting fight against Khabib and I can't wait for it too.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That particular official, Keith Peterson, has been in a few controversial calls. One other he stopped for no reason and there are two or three where he let a KO'd man take another 5 - 10 brutal head shots before he stepped in. There's not a lot of consistancy with him at those moments.

I think he may be a little gun shy cause those fights he didn't stop were brutal and he took a lot of heat.

TBH I thought it was like a roller coaster of when Peterson should have stopped it. I thought it would have been ok if he had stepped in after about the 6th unanswered shot. About that time it looked like Dom was just in turtle mode. Then weirdly as he took more unanswered shots, he looked like he was trying to get back up.

But overally in title fights, I would prefer that there be some leeway to let the fighters try to recover from compromised positions. Even though Dom was getting hit, there wasn't much damage being done.

Cejudo is amazing, but he's been on the better end of two quick stoppages (Dillashaw and Cruz).

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the most disciplined fight I've ever seen from Gaethje. If dude is putting it together like this and showing restraint he could be a problem for Khabib. Gaethje is an All-American wrestler too and even though he never uses it in the cage, it prevents people from taking him down. Should be a really interesting fight against Khabib and I can't wait for it too.

I've never seen anyone grapple and swarm like khabib. it's like having twelve monkeys clinging to you. But I expected Ferguson to get him to the ground too and it never happened.

And you are right about Gaethje's discipline. There were a couple of times he backed off after giving frerguson a monster shot when in every previous fight, he was always continued with the hard press. It was a growth I hadn't expected.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen anyone grapple and swarm like khabib. it's like having twelve monkeys clinging to you. But I expected Ferguson to get him to the ground too and it never happened.

And you are right about Gaethje's discipline. There were a couple of times he backed off after giving frerguson a monster shot when in every previous fight, he was always continued with the hard press. It was a growth I hadn't expected.

Khabib is next level. I've never seen someone anyone as dominant as him. The amount of pressure and his ability to get you to the ground and keep you there is just ridiculous. His standup has gotten really respectable too.

I wouldn't be surprised after Khabib's next title fight if he went up to 170. He'd have cleaned out the division (except for Tony) and could step right in against Usman which would be an incredible fight too.

I could also see a scenario in which Khabib pulls a GSP and just steps away with nothing else to prove. He's already the GOAT in the Lightweight division.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was total domination for 5 rounds. Ferguson was hanging in and I thought maybe he could outlast him but Gaethje just gained confidence and got better as the fight went on. What a win.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was total domination for 5 rounds. Ferguson was hanging in and I thought maybe he could outlast him but Gaethje just gained confidence and got better as the fight went on. What a win.

Honestly thought Gaethje might be in trouble after the 2nd round. He got knocked down at the end with that uppercut, and generally that's when Tony's cardio starts to shine thought. But that was a master class from Gaethje on striking.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They call him the most violent guy in the sport. Which is saying something given the sport he is in.
However I think he is quite polite.

He had Cowboy down & punching on him. Stopped to check with ref if he would stop the fight.
No. Ok hit him a few more times checked with ref again.
No. Ok hit him a few more times checked again.
No. Ok continued & ref said Oh. Maybe I should stop the fight.

Wouldnt be surprised if Gaethje said thank you to the ref.

I think he is a polite fighter. :becky:

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UFC Fight Night on May 30

Woodley (19-4-1, 9-3-1 in the UFC) will meet rising 170-pound contender Gilbert Burns (18-3, 11-3 UFC) in the main event of Saturday's UFC Fight Night at the promotion's Apex facility in Las Vegas. The event will air on ESPN+, with the main card starting at 9 p.m. ET, the prelims at 6 p.m.

The full lineup for May 30: