• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The moment I knew it was gonna be ugly...

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did he not get the six yards, I'm not sure he got up to negative six yards.

That was horrible. I'd yell at my kid if I saw him pull that nonsense on a playground.
When that play happened I was looking for Saban to go full Hulk on the OC or something but it never happened. Saban just had that look all game like “this onslaught is happening and there’s nothing I can do to stop it.”.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When that play happened I was looking for Saban to go full Hulk on the OC or something but it never happened. Saban just had that look all game like “this onslaught is happening and there’s nothing I can do to stop it.”.

It'd be painful to watch if it wasn't so damn funny.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, you didn't feel that Clemson controlled the LoS last night? You didn't leave that game with the feeling that their defensive line bowed up in the big moments and pressured Tua relentlessly? That their offensive line never allowed a sack while giving TL plenty of time to deliver accurate strikes to a bevy of WRs? I'm with you, the coaching was off...but the play on the field was one-sided man, and it pains me to say that; I hate Clemson, passionately hate them.

No, I think Clemson came prepared and Alabama didn't. As I said, Alabama got outcoached.

Those 2 interceptions were on 1st down and it wasn't because of pressure or anything like that, it was because they saw a way to confuse Tua and they did so. That's good coaching. Tua thought he had a man open when he didn't.

It wasn't because Clemson was doing anything at the LoS to cause Saban to call that stupid fake FG. That's bad coaching.

Saban said in the half that Clemson was using copycat plays. That's good coaching. The fact that Alabama's staff knew those things worked against us and apparently did nothing to prevent it - that's bad coaching.

When you have 2 top notch lines going at it like that, there will be plays when each side wins and such, but it was the one who make/create opportunities that won the game. And that is again down to coaching in this case.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams were pretty physically even.

Saban was just outcoached.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was when I realized Bama had pretty much dominated in TOP and yardage the 1st 20 minutes......and was losing 14-13......and then Clemson destroyed us the rest of the game.
I was rooting for Bama and really thought they would pull it out until mid way in the third. And of course that fake kick.

Clemson had that pick 6 but their offence was not doing much in the first half. Those coaches did a great job at half.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be painful to watch if it wasn't so damn funny.

Check out the kicker running in to the pile, and when he realizes that the line of scrimmage isn't going to magically part like the Red Fucking Sea for him, you can practically see where his mind told his body, "this is a bad idea, kiddo."

Pegleggedgreg

fantastic man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think Clemson came prepared and Alabama didn't. As I said, Alabama got outcoached.

Those 2 interceptions were on 1st down and it wasn't because of pressure or anything like that, it was because they saw a way to confuse Tua and they did so. That's good coaching. Tua thought he had a man open when he didn't.

It wasn't because Clemson was doing anything at the LoS to cause Saban to call that stupid fake FG. That's bad coaching.

Saban said in the half that Clemson was using copycat plays. That's good coaching. The fact that Alabama's staff knew those things worked against us and apparently did nothing to prevent it - that's bad coaching.

When you have 2 top notch lines going at it like that, there will be plays when each side wins and such, but it was the one who make/create opportunities that won the game. And that is again down to coaching in this case.

I can appreciate your vantage on this. I personally think Clemson had the LoS in this one, holding Alabama to 4/13 on 3rd down conversions is a strong statistic. But we can disagree on that, I'm cool with it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the kicker running in to the pile, and when he realizes that the line of scrimmage isn't going to magically part like the Red Fucking Sea for him, you can practically see where his mind told his body, "this is a bad idea, kiddo."

Actually lost a yard on the play.

If you are going to fake a FG on 4th and 6, why the fuck are you going to run it up the middle?

How does that play even make it into a playbook?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you are going to fake a FG on 4th and 6, why the fuck are you going to run it up the middle?

The only explanation that makes sense is:

Saban wants to get fired and collect his buyout

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have bet you were going to say the moronic decision for the fake FG
After the pick six that would be my favorite.

Might be the dumbest and worst executed play in the Saban era.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that Clemson "controlled" the line of scrimmage last night. While Alabama wasn't able to get home and sack Thor Odinson they did get pressure on him at times, and we picked up a large portion of our rushing total on the final drive.

Meanwhile Alabama was able to run the ball for chunk yardage until the field shortened in the redzone.

I wouldn't call it dominating the line as much as stepping up when it really counted and making the individual plays.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't understand two things:

1. If you are going to go for it why do you take your offense off the field and try to get it with your 3-star pro style 3rd string QB instead of your Heisman finalist and the stable of running backs you have?

2. When you decide to go ahead with the fake try to get out of it when you see Clemson is playing a straight up defense instead of FG block?

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't watch the game, but one of my colleagues basically said the same thing. He said Saban wasn't blowing up and that he looked like he knew it was over in the second half.

Did the Bama players look like they had quit in the 4th quarter?

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Saban is being outcoached, he generally just looks resigned, like last night . He goes ape shit when players make dumb mistakes .

When they get beat because of bad play-calling, what else can he do but look resigned?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama fans calling out Saban for bad coaching - lol. What a spoiled group of fans. I think that I have heard just about everything now.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean it actually wasn't the pick 6 in the first minute of the game?

huh.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand two things:

1. If you are going to go for it why do you take your offense off the field and try to get it with your 3-star pro style 3rd string QB instead of your Heisman finalist and the stable of running backs you have?

2. When you decide to go ahead with the fake try to get out of it when you see Clemson is playing a straight up defense instead of FG block?

I don't even know how that play even makes it into the playbook. I literally can not think of a single instance where that play should be called.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama fans calling out Saban for bad coaching - lol. What a spoiled group of fans. I think that I have heard just about everything now.
Well....he got out gameplanned by Kirby and Dabo this year.

And Honestly Dabo has out gameplanned him in 3 of the 4 games IMO.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where've you been? Bama fans have been asserting that for years. Saban's an excellent recruiter, conditioner, and disciplinarian.

But against teams of equal strength and caliber, he's pretty easily out-coached. Heck, even the Clemson fans admit Bama was gashing the Clemson D with the run, but Saban inexplicably mostly abandoned it for a passing game for which the Tiger D was excellently prepared.

And let's not even get into that bone-headed fake punt a blind man could have seen coming.

Why do you think Saban looked so deflated, vice his usual pissed-off self? He knew that loss wasn't his players' fault.