• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Minicamp Thread

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 2, big story was Vernon Davis who caught two long bombs from Kaepernick. All the writers commented on how Davis looked fast and looked like his old self out there. Harold looked really good too.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAndrew White was a camp standout again. This kid is making a name for himself.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 Standouts from 49ers Veteran Minicamp

so encouraging to see Kaep and Bowman on this list. Obviously, we need these two guys to play well.

Granted, i do NOT expect a big leap from Kaep by NFL 'elite' standards, but he still needs to play HIS best.

Thanks for posting Deep. Great article. Great to see T. Smith on there. He brings a demension that has been there for quite a long time. Just having him there opens things up and plays to Kaep's strengths. We don't need Kaep to play at an elite level, just need him to play better. Kaep is supposed to be headed down to Arizona again to be working with Giles. Big question mark for me is Oline with the new faces.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks for posting Deep. Great article. Great to see T. Smith on there. He brings a demension that has been there for quite a long time. Just having him there opens things up and plays to Kaep's strengths. We don't need Kaep to play at an elite level, just need him to play better. Kaep is supposed to be headed down to Arizona again to be working with Giles. Big question mark for me is Oline with the new faces.

agree on Kaep, he doesn't need to be NFL elite, just at his best.

also agree after Kaep, it is the O-line. Not as concerned about individual talent here, but how they gel.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree on Kaep, he doesn't need to be NFL elite, just at his best.

also agree after Kaep, it is the O-line. Not as concerned about individual talent here, but how they gel.

I've seen even really good career NFL olineman that struggled their rookie years. It takes time for olines top gel as you have stated. It all starts up front. If the oline can't effectively run or pass block, doesn't matter what Kaep and Hyde do.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more month until camps. I can't wait.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers know questions, but can they find answers? - Inside the 49ers

Yep, the number 1 item is obvious, and i also agree with numbers 2 and 3. After Kaepernick, it is how well the O-line plays as a Unit.

We lost defensive starters and that side WILL be affected, but as far as winning and losing goes, its more on the offense.

Good article Deep. Thanks for posting. I think for WRs Patton's name should be included for number three. It is going to be wide open competition. Ronald Curry tried to temper expectations with DeAndre White saying we'll see how things go when pads are on. The Oline is a concern. Gotta hope the rookies are healthy and can catch on quickly.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Four Downs: San Francisco 49ers Offseason Review

Not new stuff but still exciting to read. Only new stuff to me is something so positive on Dylan Thompson.

Only OTA's and Mini-camp completed, but Dylan Thompson and DeAndrew White are rookies that caught the eye of Writers. A good sign we've added more potential contributors, even if they end up only quality depth. Quality back ups beat poor ones.

Tartt and Eli Harold mentioned highly positive, good! Especially Harold cause it is HARD to obtain quality pass rushers.

Typically, the previous year's draft class should make more impact than the current one. This should apply more so this season, because the potential of 3-4 starters.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of positives coming out of camp. I hope a lot of it is true. Im so nervous about this season. I just feel like its been too much turnover to succeed this year. I am interested in how this offense looks this year and Im actually excited about it. Im excited to see how our pass rush will look. Nervous about our running game and Passing D. Cant wait for the season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four Downs: San Francisco 49ers Offseason Review

Not new stuff but still exciting to read. Only new stuff to me is something so positive on Dylan Thompson.

Only OTA's and Mini-camp completed, but Dylan Thompson and DeAndrew White are rookies that caught the eye of Writers. A good sign we've added more potential contributors, even if they end up only quality depth. Quality back ups beat poor ones.

Tartt and Eli Harold mentioned highly positive, good! Especially Harold cause it is HARD to obtain quality pass rushers.

Typically, the previous year's draft class should make more impact than the current one. This should apply more so this season, because the potential of 3-4 starters.
yeah heard great things about Harold. Damn we didn't even have a chance to see Armstead yet.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was struck by the potential impact Baalke's 5th round picks may have. Kilgore, Dial, Reaser, and Lynch are all 5th rounders who could/should play fairly significant roles this year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was struck by the potential impact Baalke's 5th round picks may have. Kilgore, Dial, Reaser, and Lynch are all 5th rounders who could/should play fairly significant roles this year.

It has been speculated that Reaser could surpass Jimmie Ward, a 1st round pick

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot of positives coming out of camp. I hope a lot of it is true. Im so nervous about this season. I just feel like its been too much turnover to succeed this year. I am interested in how this offense looks this year and Im actually excited about it. Im excited to see how our pass rush will look. Nervous about our running game and Passing D. Cant wait for the season.

for ME it is the same as the previous how many years now.......first the QB of course, followed by the O-line. A little "nervous" on how quickly they gel? If the O-line plays well, all the skill positions can flourish.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for ME it is the same as the previous how many years now.......first the QB of course, followed by the O-line. A little "nervous" on how quickly they gel? If the O-line plays well, all the skill positions can flourish.
yeah forgot about the Oline. Word is we should be better in pass protection but run blocking might be an issue. Im not worried about the QB play. I think he will have a good year. I just think last year was just a bad year for the team as a whole.