• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The media HATES the saints

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media doesn't love or hate any team. What they love is controversy. Fans confuse that for hatred of their team.

Losing Jimmy Graham of course hurts the Saints. The guy is a dangerous weapon. However that doesn't mean it was a bad trade. The team has cap problems and isn't likely to be a Super Bowl threat next year. So getting another 1st rounder, even the #31 pick, is probably a good idea. Unger has injury concerns but he is still a quality anchor of the line.

The question is whether they are done cleaning house yet or not. They have some talented players and some players who showed talent but dropped off like Vaccaro. Get a bit more talent and get the underachievers playing, and the Saints could be contenders pretty quickly.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is, the Saints aren't interesting enough to hate.....
I can see that.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Jimmy Graham of course hurts the Saints. The guy is a dangerous weapon. However that doesn't mean it was a bad trade. The team has cap problems and isn't likely to be a Super Bowl threat next year. So getting another 1st rounder, even the #31 pick, is probably a good idea. Unger has injury concerns but he is still a quality anchor of the line.

The Saints needed some shuffling but to get rid of the best offensive threat on their team who is only 28 to accomplish all that wasn't neccisary.

I still wonder how much of this stems from some of the anomosity that developed last year during that tagging war the Saints and Graham had.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints needed some shuffling but to get rid of the best offensive threat on their team who is only 28 to accomplish all that wasn't neccisary.

I still wonder how much of this stems from some of the anomosity that developed last year during that tagging war the Saints and Graham had.

Entirely possible that the franchise tag thing was a wound that never healed. Wouldn't be the first time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think this is a good move for the Saints- not just the Seahawks. Needs to reinforce the interior line and get under the cap, Unger offers a way to do that. Brees is still Brees regardless of the presence of Jimmy Graham.

I think this hurts the Saints short term because he was such a mismatch in the DIV...Peyton imo is still one of the best play callers in the league and Brees is still accurate...so they won't drop off the map, but I can see them being 3rd this season.