• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Man in the High Castle

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep falling asleep as I only get to watch late after everybody else gets to bed. I have watched episode 5 2 times now. Still don't get to end. gonna give it a try in a few hours but today is my day off and that is also nap time.......

But I really dig it, still trying to put pieces together. Now they have introduced different timelines as well and this is hard to do with a tired indca mind.

I've made it to the last episode and like it a lot so far but I have the same problem of watching these episodes late and falling asleep. And then the episode viewer keep going to the next episode and the next. lol. Waiting on the last episode.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made it to the last episode and like it a lot so far but I have the same problem of watching these episodes late and falling asleep. And then the episode viewer keep going to the next episode and the next. lol. Waiting on the last episode.
lol.

Same here. I know I saw episode 8 but fell asleep during Edelweis episode 9.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 9 was called Edelweis?? Maybe I missed that too. ;)

It actually a pretty good season so far but I can't stay up as late as I used to I guess. :D

LOL. No Edelweis is the song in the beginning of each episode. That is where I fell asleep.

BTW, now done and boy do I have some questions.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about the ending, now got questions.

Made no sense. B.S. excuse from the writers was that the viewer could interpret their own ending. I'm looking at that as a cop-out for not having an idea on how to end it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made no sense. B.S. excuse from the writers was that the viewer could interpret their own ending. I'm looking at that as a cop-out for not having an idea on how to end it.

I am not finished with it yet, but seems kind of weird that they wouldn't know how to end it, since it's sourced material. (It's a Philip K. Dick book)

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not finished with it yet, but seems kind of weird that they wouldn't know how to end it, since it's sourced material. (It's a Philip K. Dick book)

I read the book; not a lot of similarities between the two.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished this. The ending was rushed, but the complaint that it left unanswered questions is silly. Kind of hallmark of Dick books. Leaving it up to you to determine.

but it was definitely rushed.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I ave free Amazon from my daughter's account I'm watching this.

It's watch worthy.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished.

Agree that the writers saying they wanted an ambiguous ending meant they didn't know how to end it neatly.

I thought the John & Helen Smith and Kido wrap-ups were satisfying. Season 4 wasted a lot of time with Childan, a very minor character.

Couple problems I have. In seasons 1 and 2, there was a film where Joe Blake shot Frank Fink and another where he shot Julia. The shooting of Julia appeared to have happened at the portal. Blake says "You'll understand" and shoots himself. It was never explained where those events took place. A third universe?

I'm also a bit perplexed why the Pacific states would be turned over to communists. That is certainly not a happy ending.

Last edited:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed it. I kept waiting for John Smith to turn good guy.

The only negative I would add is they had too many storylines and tried to tie them up in to few of episodes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished.

Agree that the writers saying they wanted an ambiguous ending meant they didn't know how to end it neatly.

I thought the John & Helen Smith and Kido wrap-ups were satisfying. Season 4 wasted a lot of time with Childan, a very minor character.

Couple problems I have. In seasons 1 and 2, there was a film where Joe Blake shot Frank Fink and another where he shot Julia. The shooting of Julia appeared to have happened at the portal. Blake says "You'll understand" and shoots himself. It was never explained where those events took place. A third universe?

I'm also a bit perplexed why the Pacific states would be turned over to communists. That is certainly not a happy ending.
“3rd universe”?? There are a bunch of universes. The Man in the High Castle mentioned pretty early that there were a few people that he kept seeing in the films. That these people seemed to be important. joe was one of those important people. John was important. Juliana and Tagomi were important.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished this yesterday. It was a long road due to having so many boring episodes, and my canceling amazon for awhile.

Everything wrapping up in 1 episode was frustrating. It feels like they found out they wont be renewed for another season, so ended the show quickly. I suppose that's better than no end at all.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished this yesterday. It was a long road due to having so many boring episodes, and my canceling amazon for awhile.

Everything wrapping up in 1 episode was frustrating. It feels like they found out they wont be renewed for another season, so ended the show quickly. I suppose that's better than no end at all.

I wasn't happy either with the ending but I loved the show.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'm finally watching this. I'm two shows in.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'm finally watching this. I'm two shows in.
office space workplace GIF by Tech Noir