• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Man in the High Castle

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else seen this? I loved the book. I know the series will deviate from the text a great deal - they always do - but I'm still excited for it. The reviews on it have been pretty good.

Still haven't watched the Pilot, so don't ruin anything for me, jerks...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta check and find out if we have Am Prime or not. The ol' lady once got it so's we could get free shipping on some crap, but I think she cancelled it after the free trial period.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else seen this? I loved the book. I know the series will deviate from the text a great deal - they always do - but I'm still excited for it. The reviews on it have been pretty good.

I saw the pilot over the summer and the 2nd episode is out but I'm not sure when the rest will follow. The plot is pretty interesting since I've never seen a what if we lost WW2 scenario. So far it's pretty good but I might wait until a few more episodes are out until I get back into it. I've seen Amazon do weekly releases of shows but for this one it seems to leak out a lot slower.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the pilot over the summer and the 2nd episode is out but I'm not sure when the rest will follow. The plot is pretty interesting since I've never seen a what if we lost WW2 scenario. So far it's pretty good but I might wait until a few more episodes are out until I get back into it. I've seen Amazon do weekly releases of shows but for this one it seems to leak out a lot slower.

They released the pilot then the 2nd one as previews. The entire series is being released 11-20.

I saw the first episode and was pretty underwhelmed. I thought it was slow and boring. I like the idea and its just the pilot, I have never read the book and do not have more than a general idea what its about, so I will try watching at least a few more.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They released the pilot then the 2nd one as previews. The entire series is being released 11-20.

I saw the first episode and was pretty underwhelmed. I thought it was slow and boring. I like the idea and its just the pilot, I have never read the book and do not have more than a general idea what its about, so I will try watching at least a few more.
It's weird that they did that for the 2nd episode. I'll probably watch a lot of it over Thanksgiving weekend. I haven't read the book either and I probably won't unless I really enjoy the show.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the episodes are out now. I decided to just rewatch the first two last night. The creepiest thing about the German side of the nation that I've seen so far came in the 2nd episode (I think). While a police officer is looking at the Joe's papers you start to see ashes falling and he casually mentions that they cremate all of the cripples and undesirables. Then as if this is totally acceptable Joe starts nonchalantly munching down on the egg salad sandwich with flurries of ashes of dead bodies falling onto it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read the book. I love alternate history.

But I wasn't blown away by this one. And in general I prefer stuff SM Stirling writes.

I'll probably watch it if I could record it from cable.

But I refuse to stream shit.....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the book. I love alternate history.

But I wasn't blown away by this one. And in general I prefer stuff SM Stirling writes.

I'll probably watch it if I could record it from cable.

But I refuse to stream shit.....
If you have a smart TV (or a console) you can watch most every streaming site on your TV (as long as you have a subscription, of course).

This is the future of TV. Get on board or get out of the way.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a smart TV (or a console) you can watch most every streaming site on your TV (as long as you have a subscription, of course).

It might be the future but it for sure isn't refined. And they don't have the sports I want. And I am AOK with paying for convenience.

I've got 4 TVs, none are smart, all are large and working perfectly. But with my 6 barreled PVR I can watch in any room in the house that has a TV. No fucking about. Pick up where I left off easily in another room.

And we frequently are all watching something different (3 of us).

So until they make it as seamless and as easy and as all inclusive as that, I'm not interested. I don't care about cheap. I'm not a struggling student watching on my dorm room 'puter...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. I have literally like 5 different ways I can watch shows on all these subscription based streaming sites.

Everything carries then now days.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I have literally like 5 different ways I can watch shows on all these subscription based streaming sites.

Everything carries then now days.
Right now I only subscribe to HBO and Netfix. There has not been enough on Hulu or Amazon to warrant the additional $10 a month just yet.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I only subscribe to HBO and Netfix. There has not been enough on Hulu or Amazon to warrant the additional $10 a month just yet.

Yup I dropped Hulu. Just not worth it. It's basically shows currently on(not even all of them) so just DVR and problem solved.

I actually love Amazon Prime. Lots of shows Netflix doesn't have. Although HBO go covers many of them. So having all 3(which I do) mostly isn't necessary but o well.

When I made my 5 different ways comment it was off your smart tv point though. I've got a smart tv, Apple tv(got it for free), big ass iPad(also given to me), old Ps4 or whatever anda DVD player that also has all those sites with it(this thing is clutch, cheap as shit).

It's insane how many different ways you can get access nowadays. I didn't even mention the obvious phone apps if your really desperate lol:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup I dropped Hulu. Just not worth it. It's basically shows currently on(not even all of them) so just DVR and problem solved.

I actually love Amazon Prime. Lots of shows Netflix doesn't have. Although HBO go covers many of them. So having all 3(which I do) mostly isn't necessary but o well.

When I made my 5 different ways comment it was off your smart tv point though. I've got a smart tv, Apple tv(got it for free), big ass iPad(also given to me), old Ps4 or whatever anda DVD player that also has all those sites with it(this thing is clutch, cheap as shit).

It's insane how many different ways you can get access nowadays. I didn't even mention the obvious phone apps if your really desperate lol:
Hulu is nice fall through spring if you don't have cable/satellite when the decent television shows (that they carry) are on. During the summer the subscription is worthless.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you need amazon prime to view it or what?