• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Main Problem With Jordan Clarksons game

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are times, few and far between, that the issue is pressed and it is in Jordans hands. When in those moments he seems lost. Sometimes he drives, cant get to the basket and picks up his dribble. A badly positioned pass ensues. This kid for all intents and purposes is the most polished team player to skill ratio player we have on the squad. But in reality he struggles to find his way. He has the moves. He can handle the ball well, he has a good jumper, he can drive. He does everything average but nothing spectacular. He seems like he wants to play within the system and in this he seems lost. At times, its his time to step it up. I feel like he is so passive guys stand around when he drives. And when he makes a nice pass guys do not seem to be ready for it. Its almost like hes caught in Limbo. Hes a great young player that does not fit in at the moment. But, i believe he will be but he has not reached his peak because the other young players on the squad are still finding their identities. It grieves me to think he will be a martyr on this team. But it looks like it. Jordan can take the ball to the rack but not with everyone watching. He can pass but not with everyone standing. Its almost like the other players do not know what to expect from him.

To me the problem with Jordan isnt Jordan. Its the development of everyone else. If the coach built around him i feel like he would excel his game to a new level. I really feel he is the most ready. Hes shown the willingness to pass and to score. But in the scheme of things it just never really seems to fit. I KNOW he will be a starting PG in t his league, but it just cant be with us.

If the Lakers do decide to trade. I propose a couple of trades.

Lakers Trade
Clarkson
Randle
1st round pick

Lakers Get
Anthony Davis

Starting Line

PG Russel
SG Williams
SF Ingram
PF Anthony Davis
C Mozgof

Lakers Trade
Clarkson
Randle

Lakers Get
Nikola Jokic

I know probably most guys dont know who he is but i have been watching him the last couple months, he just wasnt getting minutes, then when he did OMG. Take the 4 mins to watch this its amazing. Hes a meld between Pau Gasol and Dirk Nowitzki

And if you got time

Starting Line
PG Russel
SG Williams
SF Ingram
PF Jokic
C Mozgof

Lakers Trade
Clarkson
1st round pick

Lakers Get
Carmelo Anthony

Starting Line

PG Russel
SG Anthony
SF Ingram
PF Randle
C Mozgof

what you guys honestly think?

Last edited:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player is going to be great in the NBA you will see the signs right off the bat. It's different than any other sport. Great NBA players don't need to be built around. Great players make other players great. The Lakers do not have a player that is great or will be great. they have a few that will be real good but none that will be great.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player is going to be great in the NBA you will see the signs right off the bat. It's different than any other sport. Great NBA players don't need to be built around. Great players make other players great. The Lakers do not have a player that is great or will be great. they have a few that will be real good but none that will be great.
I think it depends on the player. Some do take longer to develop, but some are great out the box. You see that in all sports. The NBA is no different. Look at Westbrook, Kwai, Curry, even Kobe.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on the player. Some do take longer to develop, but some are great out the box. You see that in all sports. The NBA is no different. Look at Westbrook, Kwai, Curry, even Kobe.

You can add Kevin Garnett and Jermaine O'Neal to that list.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. We have no idea how good any of these guys can be because this is the first time they've had a coach who has both the desire and the ability to develop them.

Think about it. When was the last time you heard an NBA Head Coach say this going into a season:

"I'm not going to judge this season on wins and losses. I'm going to judge it on development and establishing a foundation and culture."

That's what Luke said after an early practice. He basically saw what he had and said he has to build these guys up from scratch because they haven't been developed and there was no foundation.

The Lakers made the last 2 seasons about Kobe. I don't have a problem with that, it was the absolute right thing to do. However, the unfortunate side effect was that it came at the expense of developing the young guys.

Imo, this season is a de facto rookie year for all of them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are times, few and far between, that the issue is pressed and it is in Jordans hands. When in those moments he seems lost. Sometimes he drives, cant get to the basket and picks up his dribble. A badly positioned pass ensues. This kid for all intents and purposes is the most polished team player to skill ratio player we have on the squad. But in reality he struggles to find his way. He has the moves. He can handle the ball well, he has a good jumper, he can drive. He does everything average but nothing spectacular. He seems like he wants to play within the system and in this he seems lost. At times, its his time to step it up. I feel like he is so passive guys stand around when he drives. And when he makes a nice pass guys do not seem to be ready for it. Its almost like hes caught in Limbo. Hes a great young player that does not fit in at the moment. But, i believe he will be but he has not reached his peak because the other young players on the squad are still finding their identities. It grieves me to think he will be a martyr on this team. But it looks like it. Jordan can take the ball to the rack but not with everyone watching. He can pass but not with everyone standing. Its almost like the other players do not know what to expect from him.

To me the problem with Jordan isnt Jordan. Its the development of everyone else. If the coach built around him i feel like he would excel his game to a new level. I really feel he is the most ready. Hes shown the willingness to pass and to score. But in the scheme of things it just never really seems to fit. I KNOW he will be a starting PG in t his league, but it just cant be with us.

If the Lakers do decide to trade. I propose a couple of trades.

Lakers Trade
Clarkson
Randle
1st round pick

Lakers Get
Anthony Davis

Starting Line

PG Russel
SG Williams
SF Ingram
PF Anthony Davis
C Mozgof

Lakers Trade
Clarkson
Randle

Lakers Get
Nikola Jokic

I know probably most guys dont know who he is but i have been watching him the last couple months, he just wasnt getting minutes, then when he did OMG. Take the 4 mins to watch this its amazing. Hes a meld between Pau Gasol and Dirk Nowitzki

And if you got time

Starting Line
PG Russel
SG Williams
SF Ingram
PF Jokic
C Mozgof

Lakers Trade
Clarkson
1st round pick

Lakers Get
Carmelo Anthony

Starting Line

PG Russel
SG Anthony
SF Ingram
PF Randle
C Mozgof

what you guys honestly think?

I don't see any of those trades happening. The only one that I can say that I would welcome would be the one for AD, but I don't see the Pelicans giving him up.

The trade for Melo wouldn't happen either. He has a no trade clause and I don't see him approving a trade anywhere but to a contender.

Besides, if that trade happened, I'd have to drive to Lakers HQ and kill everyone but Jeanie. lol

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao at that Davis trade. Like seriously. NO would laugh in your face if you proposed that to them

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao at that Davis trade. Like seriously. NO would laugh in your face if you proposed that to them
Well i could remind them they are fucking NO and you can hold on to that golden goose until it decides to gander lol. but you are right, they could get two numberr 1s. With that lineup we could definitely drop that first rounder low. But even two low level first rounders and good young picks already proven to be so is a great opportunity. NO will not be able to draw free agents or draft enough pieces less tehy hit the jackpot. Its Boogie 2.0

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any of those trades happening. The only one that I can say that I would welcome would be the one for AD, but I don't see the Pelicans giving him up.

The trade for Melo wouldn't happen either. He has a no trade clause and I don't see him approving a trade anywhere but to a contender.

Besides, if that trade happened, I'd have to drive to Lakers HQ and kill everyone but Jeanie. lol
Jokic though bro...

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats true but i think if you got the right position it matters, guys like shaq at center dont come around every 10 years, maybe more like 20.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. We have no idea how good any of these guys can be because this is the first time they've had a coach who has both the desire and the ability to develop them.

Think about it. When was the last time you heard an NBA Head Coach say this going into a season:

"I'm not going to judge this season on wins and losses. I'm going to judge it on development and establishing a foundation and culture."

That's what Luke said after an early practice. He basically saw what he had and said he has to build these guys up from scratch because they haven't been developed and there was no foundation.

The Lakers made the last 2 seasons about Kobe. I don't have a problem with that, it was the absolute right thing to do. However, the unfortunate side effect was that it came at the expense of developing the young guys.

Imo, this season is a de facto rookie year for all of them.
I feel like what they got out of Kobe was his mind more then anything. If Randle got like Kobe mentally i would be happy!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like what they got out of Kobe was his mind more then anything. If Randle got like Kobe mentally i would be happy!

Randle is starting to get a bit of a "not taking any shit" attitude. He's probably the closest to Kobe's mentality right now (and he still has a ways to go).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That they did. They have all commented on learning from Kobe. The problem was they really didn't get to develop their games because Byron was old, cranky and didn't have the patience.

Kobe was actually more patient with them than Byron and we all know that patience was never Kobe's strength. lol

Unfortunately, because Kobe had to spend most of his time over the last 2 seasons just trying to be healthy enough to play in most of the games, they never got much practice time with him.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right but I saw great futures in those players you named. Kobe was a young kid of 18 and we could all see he was going to be great. Same with Westbrook. But Westbrook's greatness was shaded a bit from Durant but I could still see he was one of the best players in the league early on in his career...sure wish the Lakers could make a play for him. Westbrook would be just what the Lakers need right now.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right but I saw great futures in those players you named. Kobe was a young kid of 18 and we could all see he was going to be great. Same with Westbrook. But Westbrook's greatness was shaded a bit from Durant but I could still see he was one of the best players in the league early on in his career...sure wish the Lakers could make a play for him. Westbrook would be just what the Lakers need right now.

You are right there are a few who you see that look like great futures, but you never know. I thought Exum would be a stud, and really wanted him to be a Laker, but so far, he does not look like an All-Star. The ones that I remember great out of the box were Kareem and Magic. There are not that many in any sport.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is early but the Lakers should sell high if they are going to. If a trade happens it will this year. These kids could stall next year and if that happens they wont get much. Anyway Boogie will most likely be on the table. When they fire Divac this summer (hopefully for the Lakers), the Queens will answer the call.

They will be desperate and looking around i dont see very many options for them less they want draft picks. If the Lakers keep their pick this year, they can toss it in.

Lakers Trade
1st round pick (top 3 i think)
1st round pick (some other year)
Mozgof
Randle or Ingram

PG Russel
SG Clarkson
SF Ingram or Deng
PF Randle Or Nance
C Cousins

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that. Trade Russell's ass....I love Clarkson.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news: the Jimmy Buss "Back to the Track" countdown clock is ticking. He'll be handicapping horses in no time.

Looks like the Lakers might keep their top 3 pick. That would be an impressive feat within itself.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, just go with the top three protected and don't do a trade just yet. Look, Philly is starting to take off and many articles state that the Lakers are behind in development. The better route is let Jeannie get rid of her brother and take the reins going forward.