• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the Last Duel just this morning. I applaud that the story just 'says it with what we know' instead of trying to setup some stupid twist or "OMG moment." It's a movie that lasts with ya and you think about it with what really happened, and there will be ZERO answer because it happened nearly 700 years ago lol.

Good film. I really like how's there's a lot left up to the audience in terms of what happened. Was there a motive? Did the wife set something up a certain way (knowing she'd cash in, was married to the better warrior, and got the kid she wanted?), etc.?

Very interesting take, a lot of ways you can interpret it... the ending kind of goes how things were expected but it still raises eyebrows. The whole subject of r@pe is a sensitive one, and while men are certainly guilty of committing the crime, women are also guilty of manipulating it to get their motive met. Even with all the technology we have today, outside of DNA there's often uncertainty around what really happened and both wrongly accused individuals as well as individuals that get away with a heinous act.

Good movie, shot well. I for one liked the chapter take (shot in 3 segments but in diff. perspectives, one from the plaintiff, one the defendant, and one the alleged victim, culminating together at the end), seems like it didn't settle with a # of folks that watched it. I thought it was an interesting concept though. Certainly not the first time it's been done, but used well here. Acting by Driver and Comer was great. Damon and Affleck were a little forgettable.

You kind of switch sides every time you see a different perspective. You see Damon's chapter and are uncertain but kind of side with him... but still don't know. Then I saw Driver's chapter I was like, "OH GUILTY AS F, hang that m'fer" but then you see Comer's scene where she is not really into her husband, can't get pregnant (is he sterile), expresses dissatisfaction at their debt and lack of land/titles... and I was like, "EHHHHHH?!" Her perspective shows one thing, but that's how SHE recalls it... is she making it up? It gets ya thinking....

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to watch Don’t Look Up but only made it through around a quarter of the movie before I turned it off. I just couldnt get into it at all.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to watch Don’t Look Up but only made it through around a quarter of the movie before I turned it off. I just couldnt get into it at all.
I watched it. Man did it drag on. Doesn't need to be 2 and a half hours long. I will admit that I enjoyed the ending though.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched it. Man did it drag on. Doesn't need to be 2 and a half hours long. I will admit that I enjoyed the ending though.

I watched it too this weekend... i thought it was meh... didnt think it was funny enough to be satire, so i thought that it missed its point... unless the point was just to divide democrats and republicans even more...

just thought it was a weird movie...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the trailers for it, and the Hollywood preaching was oozing from every pore. I realized I would need to be in a very relaxed mood to be able to watch it.

That said, if I am able to get past the clear parallelism that the show is trying to project, it looks like a pretty funny movie. Sad to see it missed the mark on that part.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the trailers for it, and the Hollywood preaching was oozing from every pore. I realized I would need to be in a very relaxed mood to be able to watch it.

That said, if I am able to get past the clear parallelism that the show is trying to project, it looks like a pretty funny movie. Sad to see it missed the mark on that part.
I have since seen reviews from those who LOVE the message of the movie, who still say the preaching is heavy handed and a bad movie overall.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious but is this thread not showing up for anybody else? It doesn’t appear in the most recent posts or anywhere now on the entertainment forum for me.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious but is this thread not showing up for anybody else? It doesn’t appear in the most recent posts or anywhere now on the entertainment forum for me.
That’s odd. I see it just fine.

I don’t use the ”Most Recent Posts“ part of the site, but I see it in “Watched Threads” and if there is activity I get a notification in the little bell icon at the top of the screen.

I would recommend going to the members section and posting to the technical issues thread. Maybe other users are running into something similar.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s odd. I see it just fine.

I don’t use the ”Most Recent Posts“ part of the site, but I see it in “Watched Threads” and if there is activity I get a notification in the little bell icon at the top of the screen.

I would recommend going to the members section and posting to the technical issues thread. Maybe other users are running into something similar.
Of just hit unwatch, watch again at the top of thread to try a reset...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Don’t Look up.

The acting was fantastic as expected. And I thought the satire comedy hit for the most part. Funny because it’s probably true type stuff.

I agree it was probably a bit too long like most movies these days. But didn’t completely drag.

I do get why it wouldn’t be everyone’s cup of tea. And definitely the type that should really divide critics.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Don’t Look up.

The acting was fantastic as expected. And I thought the satire comedy hit for the most part. Funny because it’s probably true type stuff.

I agree it was probably a bit too long like most movies these days. But didn’t completely drag.

I do get why it wouldn’t be everyone’s cup of tea. And definitely the type that should really divide critics.

Watching it right now... It's a bit on the nose but it's brilliant in its own way.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Don't Look Up too. It was long but it really didn't drag for me. Between the meh reviews here and a 55% on rotten tomatos I was going to pass on it, figuring with that fantastic cast it must really suck if it's being reviewed that poorly. RT generally overrates movies if anything.

The tone was Network meets Idiocracy. It could have used some editing here & there but I liked it a lot and the ending was absolutely hilarious... it's one of those 2nd endings after you think it already ended and we almost missed it. I'd give it an 8/10.

Last edited:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I hadn't read beforehand that the oncoming extinction event comet is supposedly a proxy for global warming, it never would have crossed my mind.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a few movies over the past week.

The Last Duel - Really interesting and well done film. Damon was outstanding in it as was Comer and Driver.
CODA - LOVED this movie. Heart warming story of a high school girl whose parents and brother are deaf. Highly recommend.
Pig - Fantastic performance by Nic Cage. Interesting story. A couple of strange plot events in the movie but otherwise an interesting character inspection.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found The Thing in HDR Atmos on Netflix.

Love that film. Love the ending.

And the clarity was amazing considering the age of the film.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We watched Don't Look Up on Netflix. We haven't watched a movie for years. I liked it, but I usually like sci-fi. As usual, they got all the math wrong. The whole story on earth was probably a realistic description of the clownish failure we would make of the whole thing.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Ghostbusters Afterlife a few days ago. I enjoyed it. Not as good as the original of course but worth a watch. I haven't and don’t ever plan on watching the female Ghostbusters but I believe that this one was probably way better.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Nobody over the weekend.

I thought it was more “Last Man Standing” than “John Wick”. But it was still enjoyable enough. If they continue the franchise, I will watch at least the first sequel.

6.5/10