• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of dark & cutting humor. It's the first feature film for the woman who wrote and directed it, Emerald Fennell. She's English fwiw and was the show runner and wrote several episodes for the series Killing Eve if you're familiar with that. The script and dialog are terrific.. in fact it won a well-deserved best original screenplay oscar.
A good thing about a multicultural society is that people can enjoy a dark movie like this and everyone else can just go on ignoring the oscars.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Fast 9 last night. A funny, dumb action movie. One of those you can turn your brain off for over 2 hours and figure out things quickly. I'd probably rate it around my 5th favorite of the 10 in the franchise (counting Hobbs & Shaw) just due to how outrageously dumb some of the things that happen throughout the film that I laughed at (probably not at scenes they were intending to be funny either).

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished Malignent. Movie was a M Might Shamaylan movie. Really good borderline great 1/2 the movie then it turned into a comedy. Very disappointing and glad it was on HBOMax.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished Malignent. Movie was a M Might Shamaylan movie. Really good borderline great 1/2 the movie then it turned into a comedy. Very disappointing and glad it was on HBOMax.
I haven’t watched this. M knight shamalamadingdong has ruined his rep with me. I only watch his stuff after hearing word of mouth reviews.

His superhero movies were good (Glass was a bit anticlimactic, but good enough). Signs and Sixth Sense were good/great.

Everything else has been garbage. Happening was legit one of the absolute worst movies ever made.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t watched this. M knight shamalamadingdong has ruined his rep with me. I only watch his stuff after hearing word of mouth reviews.

His superhero movies were good (Glass was a bit anticlimactic, but good enough). Signs and Sixth Sense were good/great.

Everything else has been garbage. Happening was legit one of the absolute worst movies ever made.
See I don’t think they are all bad, I generally really like the beginning of the movie then his ending leave me hating the movie. I’ll give the 6th sense a pass because I hated it but because it was on reruns all the time it grew on me a little. Signs would’ve been great had they ended the movie before the alien came in Phoenix hit him. Or maybe do a POV from the alien for that scene then roll credits.

I swear the guys turns in 200 pages then says I’m out finish it however you want.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit. It's about the '67 riot but mostly the Algiers Motel incident where the cops tortured and wound up murdering 4 black guys in the motel suspected of harboring a sniper. Kathryn Bigelow directed (The Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty). It was good, but a difficult watch and there's no happy ending. I don't think I'd want to to see it again. 7/10

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw Free Guy a couple days ago...

It was very entertaining and well done... lets you look past the negatives of it...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw Free Guy a couple days ago...

It was very entertaining and well done... lets you look past the negatives of it...
I haven’t seen it yet, but RR just makes really fun stuff. This looks dumb, but in a good, brainless, fun way.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t seen it yet, but RR just makes really fun stuff. This looks dumb, but in a good, brainless, fun way.

it was less dumb than you would think... which is also why it was better than you would think... I even heard that it was better than it looks, came in with a higher expectation... and still thought it was better than i expected...

last movie i felt this way was ready or not... looked stupid, heard that it was decent, came in knowing that people liked it, and still thought it was better...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give free guy :thumb: :thumb:

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark City (1950)

one of Charlton Heston's first films.
As the title suggests, this is about the "darker" side of gangster live. The "mob" hustle someone at a poker game, but he hangs himself before they get a chance to cash the check he signed over to them. So not only are they out the money, but somebody might blame them for his death and want to get even. also features Jack Webb and Henry Morgan as two of the "mob". Webb's character has almost nothing in common with Joe Friday. (just chain-smoking)

I got this from archive.org. Often the picture quality from things there is a bit of a crap shoot, but the ones that get the most views tend to be relatively good. Here is the 1950 list, where I found this, which includes a variety of entertaining movies:

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couldn't have said it better myself... terrible last third of the movie.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark City (1950)

one of Charlton Heston's first films.
As the title suggests, this is about the "darker" side of gangster live. The "mob" hustle someone at a poker game, but he hangs himself before they get a chance to cash the check he signed over to them. So not only are they out the money, but somebody might blame them for his death and want to get even. also features Jack Webb and Henry Morgan as two of the "mob". Webb's character has almost nothing in common with Joe Friday. (just chain-smoking)

I got this from archive.org. Often the picture quality from things there is a bit of a crap shoot, but the ones that get the most views tend to be relatively good. Here is the 1950 list, where I found this, which includes a variety of entertaining movies:

I will try to take a look as this movie is up my alley.

You always find cool shit.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midnight Cowboy (1969)

I finally got around to seeing this movie. It won Best Picture and helped usher in a new darker toned, more deeply meaningful movies from Hollywood. I’ve often seen this movie parodied in TV shows. It’s excellent, but not for everyone.

A

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many Saints of Newark. It was a huge disappointment.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Last Duel. I enjoyed it. Not usually an Afflack fan, but he was not but in his shorter role. Adam Driver, for me, is turning into a must see dude. He was great in BlacKKKlansman.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Last Duel. I enjoyed it. Not usually an Afflack fan, but he was not but in his shorter role. Adam Driver, for me, is turning into a must see dude. He was great in BlacKKKlansman.
Saw The Last Duel last night. It was decent. Yes glad Affleck had a supporting role.