• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the end fighting was good. My only issue with it was...

Godzilla basically beats Kong, the mechanical Godzilla beats Godzilla, so Kong beats mechanical Godzilla? No.
Sounds accurate to me.
I figured that they wanted Kong to come out looking strong after pretty much losing to Godzilla twice.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds accurate to me.
I figured that they wanted Kong to come out looking strong after pretty much losing to Godzilla twice.
Yep. Like Both were still apex monsters.

I was probably a little harsh with the 4/10. Probably more like a 5.5/10.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What sucks is, is that that was potentially it for Godzilla for a while here in the states since Toho wants to get the rights back and make movies with him again.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mortal Kombat is awesome.

If you only watch the trailer and the first 10 minutes on youtube.

Save yourself the other hour+

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One more thing I thought was underwhelming was the score. King of the Monsters was infinitely better with that.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broke out my River Kwai BluRay.

Stunning visuals.
That's always been one of my favorites.

I watched a good "oldie" last night:

Reign of Terror (1949) (also goes by the title "The Black Book")

I particularly enjoy movies about historical events. This movie is about the French Revolution. The leader, Robespierre, has a "Black Book", that contains all the names of people he has decided to execute. The movie revolves around covert attempts to obtain the book, which would obviously have very negative consequences for Robespierre.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's always been one of my favorites.

I watched a good "oldie" last night:

Reign of Terror (1949) (also goes by the title "The Black Book")

I particularly enjoy movies about historical events. This movie is about the French Revolution. The leader, Robespierre, has a "Black Book", that contains all the names of people he has decided to execute. The movie revolves around covert attempts to obtain the book, which would obviously have very negative consequences for Robespierre.

My wife had that recorded a while back. It was on a SD channel that didn't fit the screen properly, letterbox all around, so I didn't watch.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original King Kong, hands down the best one ever and will likely stay that way. I had to keep reminding myself that it was 1933 and it was all a movie set, no CGI. I wish movies would go back to actual sets for special effects instead of almost always going to to PC. I understand why, however a real movie set where you have to get creative with the camera will almost always trump CGI in most cases.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original King Kong, hands down the best one ever and will likely stay that way. I had to keep reminding myself that it was 1933 and it was all a movie set, no CGI. I wish movies would go back to actual sets for special effects instead of almost always going to to PC. I understand why, however a real movie set where you have to get creative with the camera will almost always trump CGI in most cases.

Fay Wray pre censorship too.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broke out my River Kwai BluRay.

Stunning visuals.

Great dialog too.

Colonel Saito: Do you know what will happen to me if the bridge is not built on time?
Colonel Nicholson: I haven't the foggiest.
Colonel Saito: I'll have to kill myself. What would you do if you were me?
Colonel Nicholson: I suppose if I were you... I'd have to kill myself.
Colonel Nicholson:Cheers!

Lieutenant Joyce: I'm sorry, Sir. I thought you were the enemy.
Commander Shears: Well, I'm an American, if that's what you mean.

Shears: No, but they can't do this to me. I really mean it. My Navy's made a mistake...Look, I'm not a Navy Commander, I'm, I'm not even an Officer...No, the whole thing's a fake. I'm just an ordinary swab jockey second class...When the Houston sunk, I made it ashore with an officer, a real commander. Later, we ran into a Japanese patrol and he was killed. I figured it was just a matter of time before I was captured so...
Warden: ...so you changed uniforms with a dead man.
Shears: I thought officers would get better treatment in prison camps.
Warden: Very sensible.
Shears: Not that it did me any good because at Saito's camp, the officers work along with the rest.
Warden: Yes, there's always the unexpected, isn't there?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody (2021)

Just finished watchin it and it was pretty good. Sort of like a knock-off sloppy version of John Wick. Everything was entertaining until the climactic scene in the warehouse. Got pretty silly at that point. I like Christopher Lloyd, but c'mon now.

Worth the throwaway watch.

6/10

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Army of the Dead

Cot Damn, Zach Snyder likes him his long azz’d movies. WAY too long for the quality. About 90 mins in, I was looking at the clock wondering when it would end. A deep sigh was had when I saw 60 mins remained.

I am not a HUGE fan of the “Smart/Fast zombie” sub genre, but this one looked like it would have some brain dead entertainment value. Meh. I didn’t care about any of the characters. All they did to increase tension was to ramp up the volume of screams and growls. Too many manufactured tension points.

3/10. And that is generous.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Tonya. Margot Robbie is terrific as Tonya Harding. So was Alison Janney as her mom. I enjoyed it a lot. 8/10

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Far Horizons (1955)

I enjoy movies about historical events. This one is about the Lewis and Clark Expedition. Fred MacMurray and Charlton Heston play Lewis & Clark, with lots of other recognizable names in the cast. As is typical with this type of movie, portions of the story were embellished or outright fabricated to make the movie entertaining enough to watch.