• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenland...

CAN THIS BITCH EX WIFE (no wonder he divorced her) SHUT THE EVER LIVING FUCK UP!? Oh yah, you were happy to divorce him, take the home, custody of the kid, treat him like a servant... but when shit goes down it's "OMG HALP!" and then EVEN WHEN HE'S basically the only reason she's going to survive she's STILL BITCHING HIM OUT.

Dude... are women today just signing their own death sentence? No wonder they don't want sex robots and fleshlights. And every single disaster movie for some fucking reason seems to be this way. Then the woman at the end is like, "Oh you saved my life, I guess I'll let you fuck me again."

This is an anti-marriage/breeding movie. Well done, Hollyweird. "My family wasn't selected, Ma'm". Exactly, check your crotch fruit, I'm a mother/whoman/bullshit privilege and cram your kid back up your own vagina. And the response, "I'm sorry, I am, but...." BUT!? FUCKIN' SERIOUS!?

Special effects were great. I'll boost it another 2 stars because it reminded me of why women are NOT a worthwhile investment given the feminist culture today.

/endrant
giphy.gif

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Fatman with Mel Gibson and Walton Goggins. Brief synopsis is that Walton Goggins is an assassin hired by a spoiled punk rich kid that got coal in his stocking and wants Santa Claus (played by Mel Gibson) killed. It was fine for what it was but nothing worth going out of your way to watch.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21 Bridges. Chadwick Boseman as an NYPD detective hunting for 2 men who killed 8 cops during a botched cocaine heist the cops ran into.. spoiler there's also a "dirty cops" subplot. The title refers to all of the bridges to Manhattan that he was allowed to close for a few hours while they searched for the suspects. J.K. Simmons plays one of the lead cops. Not great, but not bad. It held my interest. 6.5/10

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenland. It wasn't too bad, the acting was solid, the story was interesting albeit still felt incomplete and somewhat unrealistic. The effects were solid, but too few. It was a solid catastrophe film, in that specific category, probably a 7 out of 10.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenland - I thought it was okay but not a movie to go out of your way to watch. It's a good movie if you just want something on in the background while you're doing something else.

Support Your Local Sheriff - I was in the mood for a silly comedy and that's exactly what I got.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judas and the Black Messiah - Great performances of Daniel Kaluyah and Lakeith Stanfield and Jesse Plemmons. Kinda like the Departed but rather than feeling vindicated at the end, you feel pretty lousy as an American that this was part of our history.

Hoover really was a terrible terrible person.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the extended version of That Thing You Do sometimes. Howie Long makes a brief appearance in it as Tom Hanks’s date/implied boyfriend.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rhythm Section. Begins with Blake Lively as a junkie, prostitute who apparently came to be both due to terminally grieving for her parents and siblings who were killed in a terrorist airliner bombing 3 years prior. She sets out for revenge after learning who did it, with some training and assistance from ex and/or current members of the UK and US IC (Jude Law & Sterling K Brown).

One thing worth noting, that I really enjoyed, was the more realistic portrayal of a woman trained for this sort of mission. Unlike other recent efforts along these lines, she does not turn into some awesome killing machine. So if you get off on that sort of thing, this isn't that. In fact, she isn't very good at it at all, neither physically nor mentally, leading a number of problematic outcomes and plot twists. There were a few gaping plot holes and it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad.. it held my interest. The car chase struck me as realistic as well.. so upgraded for a couple of realistic flourishes. 7/10

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metallica: Through the Never

A hybrid concert/horror flick.

If you like Metallica, it is a decent concert flick. 90 mins of pure Metallica.

But they had this weird dramatic subplot that just made no sense. It was dystopian, uprising, riots, supernatural... I don’t even know how to explain it.

I am a big Metallica fan, and the beginning to end music made it worth it for me. I just wish they didn’t have that stupid... whatever. 7.5/10

And ironically, they never played Through the Never.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Way Back - A sad, inspirational story that hits a little close to home for me. The acting is solid, the story isn't told in the best way and the movie definitely ends lacking. Good, but could have been a fair amount better.

6.5 out of 10.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Way Back - A sad, inspirational story that hits a little close to home for me. The acting is solid, the story isn't told in the best way and the movie definitely ends lacking. Good, but could have been a fair amount better.

6.5 out of 10.
I watched it a few weeks back. It hit me more after a few days of mulling it over. The movie itself doesn’t appear to actually do anything, but something about it just grabs hold and doesn’t let go. An epic, it is not. But it is a snippet of a man’s attempt to put the pieces back together. He is further along the path at the end than he was at the beginning, but he is far from done with the journey.

And for those who haven’t seen it, don’t let the promo pics fool you. It has almost nothing to with basketball. Yes, there are basketball scenes, but that is really just the setting. This is NOT a sports movie.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6.5 out of 10.
My deepest condolences...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Little Things

The production is good, the acting is good, but that is kinda where it stops. The character development is pretty much absent even though it seems set up to make strides. The story is a shit show, an absolute let down and a mess. There are literally scenes that serve absolutely no purpose to anything in the movie. Majorly disappointed.

4.5 out of 10.
Bummer. Kind of expected though given the plot looks like a carbon copy of many that came before it. Still going to give it a go just because of Denzel & Leto but I’ll have to lower my expectations.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heaven's Prisoners - 1998?

Alec Baldwin as Dave Robicheaux, Teri Hatcher, Eric Roberts, Kelly Lynch.

From the pen of James Lee Burke.

I like it every time I watch it.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer. Kind of expected though given the plot looks like a carbon copy of many that came before it. Still going to give it a go just because of Denzel & Leto but I’ll have to lower my expectations.
Yeah, big let down. Some friends asked me and instead of giving a review, I just told them...'it's not good' lol. Really unfortunate.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just rewatch Se7en instead.

Basically the same movie just infinitely more shitty.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Se7en is shitty?

No, I meant its an extremely shitty version of Se7en.

Excuse my poor grammar.

I just used infinite because theres basically no way to describe how much worse this movie is while having the same blue print.