• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Death Wish (2018). Pretty good honestly. Of course it got bad critic ratings because of good ol' liberal Hollyweird and the notion that 'guns solve things'... but yah, THEY DO. Someone breaks in my home, they're leaving with the coroner.

Anyway, pretty good acting by Willis, good overall revenge flick. Decent popcorn fun. I'd give it an IMDB 6.0-6.5 out of 10. Dunno if I'd watch it again, but it held my interest for a majority of the show. It's predictable and you know where it's going, and it's just a reboot, but it was done about as well as you could ask a reboot to do.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harriet, the Harriet Tubman bio-pic. It was entertaining enough, but not great as bio-pics go. Worth a watch. 7/10

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anna. There were a couple of problems with this flick about a Russian girl who becomes a KGB assassin. My biggest gripe is something I've noticed more and more in recent years. It's the over-the-top hand-to-hand combat scenes where our hero, or heroine in this case, defeats dozens of armed assissins simultaneously, coming out with nary a scratch. I get that the bad guys are always bad shots and they alway lose.. movies have always been like that. But it really takes me out of the plot when those scenes are so ridiculous as they were a few times in this one. The other issue is that the gal who played Anna can't act and really has no stage presence, either. You need one or the other to engage the viewer imo. She is very attractive though, and I guess she's primarily a model. She should stick with that. The plot, dialog, etc. were all good. 6/10

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Death Wish (2018) Bruce Willis Version

watched it last night.

I wanted to gouge my eyes out with chopsticks it was so terrible.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anna. There were a couple of problems with this flick about a Russian girl who becomes a KGB assassin. My biggest gripe is something I've noticed more and more in recent years. It's the over-the-top hand-to-hand combat scenes where our hero, or heroine in this case, defeats dozens of armed assissins simultaneously, coming out with nary a scratch. I get that the bad guys are always bad shots and they alway lose.. movies have always been like that. But it really takes me out of the plot when those scenes are so ridiculous as they were a few times in this one. The other issue is that the gal who played Anna can't act and really has no stage presence, either. You need one or the other to engage the viewer imo. She is very attractive though, and I guess she's primarily a model. She should stick with that. The plot, dialog, etc. were all good. 6/10

I just watched the last part of a Jack Reacher movie. Never saw it before but there is a girl who is army and she is helping him against the bad guys. She gets her ass kicked, and I mean kicked. Next scene she is running on roof after winning the fight and she looks like she just got ready to go out for a special night. Not a scratch and her hair was perfect.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unhinged. Freaked my oldest kid out. It was like Falling Down on steroids. Russel Crow makes a great villain.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the last part of a Jack Reacher movie. Never saw it before but there is a girl who is army and she is helping him against the bad guys. She gets her ass kicked, and I mean kicked. Next scene she is running on roof after winning the fight and she looks like she just got ready to go out for a special night. Not a scratch and her hair was perfect.
That was the second one, which wasn’t nearly as good as the first. The first one was pretty good at least in my opinion.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it.

It's a very smart, high-concept movie with tons of great thrilling action. See it in IMAX. It does get muddled at bit because it's so fast-paced and your trying to remember the rules of their little universe. While I don't need everything fully explained to me, just a tiny bit more explanation here and there might've been helpful. A+ for plot/premise, B- for execution. Dialog wasn't that bad.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of The Past. It's a film noir from the 40s starring Robert Mitchum & Kirk Douglas. I'd never heard of it. But my wife digs old B&W movies and with Mitchum & Douglas how bad could it be. Turns out, not bad at all. In fact it was quite good, though very confusing regarding exactly what was going on and why the last half hour or so. Stellar performances, dialog, direction & cinemtography but downgraded a bit for the confusing plot towards the end. 8/10

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just rewatched Inception for the first time in many years. It was just as good, if not better than I remember it when I last saw it.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Mercy. First off, at 2:16 it was way too long.. at least a half hour too long, larded with unnecessary scenes that advanced nothing and I assume were supposed to add to the emotional weight of the story. They didn't and I actually started to FF through them towards the end.

Jamie Foxx's performance as the unjustly convicted death row inmate was excellent as were the performances of a couple of other death row inmates, as well as the convict whose false testimony convicted Foxx's character. The rest.. not so much.. or the dialog.. or the direction. It all had the overall look and feel of a TV movie.. and a very average one at that. Too bad.. it's based upon a true and very compelling story that could have made for a very compelling moive. This wasn't it, though. 5/10

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Outpost....for some reason the military put this outpost at the base of three mountains. Nothing could go wrong, right?

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Public.....homeless people take over a library in freezing weather. All peaceful, just to stay warm. Some named actors, pretty good movie.