• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wick or Taken?

What do you guys think? Watched both these movies tonight and I feel like Taken just has the edge..

Taken is best movie of the bunch in my opinion. But as for sequels, Wick is probably better, even if only more entertaining. Wick is definitely more unrealistic though and I am not just talking about the order or society in the film, Wick should be dead multiple times over from the injuries hes sustained and its only getting more crazy. Its starting to turn into Fast and Furious, gun toting karate style though. Each sequel is just more over the top nonsense.

Bourne > Punisher (Bernthal) > Taken > Wick

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wrong missy......some funny parts but no comedy classic. Holy shit swardson is fat. Cant imagine him reprising his Reno 911 role in his current state. Also has actors Jackie sandler and john Farley in it. Wonder if they are related to famous snl namesakes.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dexter as a whole, maybe. But just the first 2 or 3 seasons of Dexter? That is where the show was when Mr Brooks came out.

I didn't mind Dexter, but I don't think it was amazing at all. I will say the first few seasons are the best though.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wrong missy......some funny parts but no comedy classic. Holy shit swardson is fat. Cant imagine him reprising his Reno 911 role in his current state. Also has actors Jackie sandler and john Farley in it. Wonder if they are related to famous snl namesakes.

Of course they are lol. Wife and brother.

That was a damn Happy Madison movie.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are lol. Wife and brother.

That was a damn Happy Madison movie.
I wrote a review of this one a week or so back. I got the sense that it was written for Sandler, but that he either backed out for some reason, or decided to help Spade out with a vehicle. It was such a cookie-cutter Sandler flick.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mind Dexter, but I don't think it was amazing at all. I will say the first few seasons are the best though.
I'd definitely advise anyone thinking about watching that show to stop after season four. It fell off a cliff after that season.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uncut Gems - got a good rating. I just didn’t see it that way. I kept waiting for Sandler to do something hilarious and of course the movie wasn’t meant that way. Depressing movie.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wick or Taken?

What do you guys think? Watched both these movies tonight and I feel like Taken just has the edge..

Taken made it possible for John Wick to happen.
Older, polished actor turned action hero.

As popcorn flicks, they both deliver.

Taken is more of a finite story, but has spawned many movies featuring characters 'with a particular set of skills'.

Wick has more of a mythology going with the Continental and how the assassins work which makes it all the more interesting. But, in the end, it's still the story of a dude avenging the death of his dog. Which is awesome.

You really can't go wrong with either franchise.
It's just up to John Wick to outdo the previous film.
And I think we'll all be watching.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uncut Gems - got a good rating. I just didn’t see it that way. I kept waiting for Sandler to do something hilarious and of course the movie wasn’t meant that way. Depressing movie.
Agree. Although I actually think the acting was pretty good (Sandler is actually a very good actor when he wants to be). But ALL the characters are despicable people and I wished nothing but ill will to every single character.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impractical Jokers: The Movie - If you're a really big fan of the show, you might like it but I felt like a lot of the scripted scenes were awful. The challenges weren't too bad though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Although I actually think the acting was pretty good (Sandler is actually a very good actor when he wants to be). But ALL the characters are despicable people and I wished nothing but ill will to every single character.

Yep, good acting and I actually didn't mind the movie.
1. Like you said, every character is very unlikable, almost to the point of "why am I still watching this?"
2. The ending sucked.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7500 (2019)

Yea that’s pretty much exactly how you expect a airline highjacking to go... Shitty situation all around. Good performance from JGL all throughout. Although I wish his character woulda stabbed the dude when he was takin a leak. Not sure why he didn’t. Thinkin they wanted the fact that he was a dad & Vedat being 18 to mean more than it did. Movie was crazy to watch but there was nothing unique about it. Pretty much exactly what you expect is what you get.

5.5/10

Hotel Artemis (2018)

Pretty cool movie. Felt like it was building up to something bigger, some crazy twist... but it still wrapped things up well enough. Wish they had more arc to the hotel as it set it up nicely but unraveled too quickly. A few more patients disregarding the rules & letting Batista take out the trash would have been good additions.

7/10

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7500 (2019)

Yea that’s pretty much exactly how you expect a airline highjacking to go... Shitty situation all around. Good performance from JGL all throughout. Although I wish his character woulda stabbed the dude when he was takin a leak. Not sure why he didn’t. Thinkin they wanted the fact that he was a dad & Vedat being 18 to mean more than it did. Movie was crazy to watch but there was nothing unique about it. Pretty much exactly what you expect is what you get.

5.5/10

Hotel Artemis (2018)

Pretty cool movie. Felt like it was building up to something bigger, some crazy twist... but it still wrapped things up well enough. Wish they had more arc to the hotel as it set it up nicely but unraveled too quickly. A few more patients disregarding the rules & letting Batista take out the trash would have been good additions.

7/10

Going to give Hotel Artemis a shot.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Run for the first time in a very long time. I would still recommend the movie.
Very fasted paced action thriller.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Train to Busan it's given me an itch to watch more Korean films. This was definitely a different type of movie, a lot of twists and turns but overall I enjoyed it.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously have not seen them yet, but new Netflix movies coming out in July. I have not seen any trailers yet.

Under The Riccione Sun
Desperados
Fatal Affair
Kissing Booth 2
The Hater
Serioulsy Single
The Old Guard
Animal Crackers

Is Kissing Boot 1 worth a watch?

Edit: just googled the Kissing Booth. Not worth as far I as I am concerned.

Last edited: