• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't believe so.

Ellen Barkin, Chris Cooper.

DeNiro is a real ass in it.

The book is supposed to be very good as well but I have never read it. Have you? I should put it on the list.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but after you mention it I may do so.

It's a really good movie.

Oh yeah I've seen the movie, I should have been clearer about which "list" I was referring to :wink:

It is very good but it is honestly a difficult watch for me, let's just say that I recognize someone. But t really was so well done and is full of top actors doing excellent work.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to the good people on this board, I finally watched the movie RUSH. Very good movie. Great rivalry between Lauda and Hunt!!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah I've seen the movie, I should have been clearer about which "list" I was referring to :wink:

It is very good but it is honestly a difficult watch for me, let's just say that I recognize someone. But t really was so well done and is full of top actors doing excellent work.

Yup, ain't warm and fuzzy by a long shot. Fortunately I "recognized" nobody...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to the good people on this board, I finally watched the movie RUSH. Very good movie. Great rivalry between Lauda and Hunt!!

I liked it but was disappointed at same time. I guess you can't really expect real racing but I'd hoped for more.

It was infinitely better than that Stallone effort, "Drivel", though.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched Full Metal Jacket again, I really like that movie.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, ain't warm and fuzzy by a long shot. Fortunately I "recognized" nobody...

I seem to recall that in real life after the events of the movie De Niro's character (Dwight) actually tracked the mom down and tried to kill her. I guess if I follow through and read the book I'll find out.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you take my ratings of movies and lined them up, you would probably see some strange things, but not only do I consider the writing, dialogue, story, acting, camera work, effects, etc... I also consider preconceived notions or how the movie made me feel.

Hence why I like The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, but not Uncut Gems. One made me feel inspired, the other made me thankful just that it ended. Do I think the Mitty movie is better all around than Uncut Gems, no, they each have their qualities.

But that brings me to this movie lol. I just watched The Hunt last night and I admit that there is A LOT I have issue with and would have liked to see done differently or changed, but I also came into this movie with REALLY low expectations.... and it surpassed them lol. This movie is funny, exciting, ridiculous, political - and the political aspect is done in a way that I think really benefits the movie. It is over the top and tries to make the political aspect of it funny and it relatively succeeds. Again, a lot I would change, but the movie is just fun in my opinion.

All in all - I am going to give it a 6/10 just based on it exceeding my entertainment expectations. There is a lot wrong, but you also have to keep in mind that the movie is TRYING to be ridiculous - so some leeway is to be had. I will say that I think the movie tends to be aimed at the more conservative of viewers based on the politics and the characters so if you are a hard lefty, this may not be for you.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wick or Taken?

What do you guys think? Watched both these movies tonight and I feel like Taken just has the edge..

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wick or Taken?

What do you guys think? Watched both these movies tonight and I feel like Taken just has the edge..
Imo,

John Wick 2 > John Wick 1 > Taken > John Wick 3

I haven't seen the other Taken movies but the first one is pretty simple and it feels a bit more grounded than John Wick.