• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Dawn - 1984

If you're looking for a good war movie, this is the best it's going to get.

I heard about a remake of this that happened in 2012 so I decided to give it a look. I couldn't last 30 minutes.

Knock me over with a feather... On the remake sucking.

Tenn"cock

Always Somewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 12.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Custom-Canvas-Wall-Decor-Alita-Battle-Angel-Poster-James-Cameron-Movie-Wall-Stickers-Mural-Japanese-Anime.jpg_640x640.jpg

Great movie!

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed the 2012 version except for the guy that played Chris Hemsworth’s brother. He was by far the worst part of the movie.

Knock me over with a feather... On the remake sucking.

The original had had alot more feeling and was authentic IMO. Really organic. Dialogue was on point too. Believable right down to the tee which was surprising because teenagers in the 1980's weren't meant to fight and save their country. The movie pulled no punches. Albeit the original has the advantage because we were in a real war with the Soviet Union and they capitalize on the fear factor of the audience about war.

Ugh it's so good. Might give it another watch tonight.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Alita: Battle Angel. Got to say that I loved it. I heard that it was good and it lived up to those expectations. It started a little slow but picked up rather quickly. Just sucks that there isn't much of a chance for a sequel with it barely breaking even at the box office and Disney probably not wanting anything to do with the property. 4 out of 5 stars.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragged Across Concrete: 5.5-6/10.

This movie is fucked up. The movie is slow and feels like it drags on with unnecessary scenes, but it does so to build the empathy for these characters. There aren't really many characters that you hate, you kind of wish everyone would succeed in the end, but nothing ever goes exactly as you would hope.

Gotta love Mel Gibson too. Vince Vaughn isn't over the top like he is often typecasted as too.

This movie has a lot of political overtones too.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince Vaughn isn't over the top like he is often typecasted as too.

I find that to be the case for some comedic actors. Will Farell fits this. Can't stand his comedy movies but he is great in serious roles.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find that to be the case for some comedic actors. Will Farell fits this. Can't stand his comedy movies but he is great in serious roles.

Adam Sandler as well.

Guy is a great actor when he really try’s

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. There are others. I'm just drawing a blank.
Robin Williams (Good Will Hunting)
Richard Pryor (Toys)
Tom Hanks (everything)
Mellissa McCarthy (her comedic stuff is awful, but her serious work typically gets raving reviews)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Dawn - 1984

If you're looking for a good war movie, this is the best it's going to get.

Red Dawn is one of the dumbest movies made in the 1980s, which is saying a LOT.

It's like they didn't even bother with a military consultant for that movie.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original had had alot more feeling and was authentic IMO. Really organic. Dialogue was on point too. Believable right down to the tee which was surprising because teenagers in the 1980's weren't meant to fight and save their country. The movie pulled no punches. Albeit the original has the advantage because we were in a real war with the Soviet Union and they capitalize on the fear factor of the audience about war.

Ugh it's so good. Might give it another watch tonight.

Wait. You think Red Dawn was believable?

You think that Cubans flew from Cuba/Mexico and paradropped into Colorado, kicked the crap out of the US military only to be thwarted by a plucky group of angsty teenagers? Seriously?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Dawn is one of the dumbest movies made in the 1980s, which is saying a LOT.

It's like they didn't even bother with a military consultant for that movie.
Wait. You think Red Dawn was believable?

You think that Cubans flew from Cuba/Mexico and paradropped into Colorado, kicked the crap out of the US military only to be thwarted by a plucky group of angsty teenagers? Seriously?

I guess we're in a totally different spectrum haha. The only 'bad' part about the movie IMO was it was all AK's.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched The Revenant today on Comcast On Demand. I had seen it in the theater when it was first released and I had forgotten most of it. Amazing what Hollywood can do with a movie but this was a testament to cinematography. Some of the most beautiful scenery in a movie of this type I have ever seen. And I love this time period in history. Most excellent plot and just superb acting. Leonardo DiCaprio easily deserved the award he got at the Emmy Awards. I would think that some of his scenes must have been Hell to get through.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ironically I enjoyed Vince Vaughn as a serious actor, but I am not too big on Farell in serious roles.

Come to think of it... being perfectly honest, I can't think of Farell in a serious role. The closest would be Everything Must Go, but I didn't really care for it and I also felt it was a comedy as well. He was more tame, sure, I wouldn't say any better.

However VV has done many more serious roles, so perhaps it is simple in that I have seen him act in a wider variety of roles. I don't know, I like both for VV (serious and comedic) so long as his comedic roles are fitting of his style of over-the-top-ness (I.E. Wedding Crashers).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we're in a totally different spectrum haha. The only 'bad' part about the movie IMO was it was all AK's.

All good. Everyone should love the movies they love.

I loved Red Dawn in 1984. I was a 16 year little Reaganite. That movie had a non-zero impact on my decision to join the Army several years later.

But it was a pretty bad film as far as films go. Lots of other great bad films, mind you. Hell most Swayze movies are somewhere between bad bad and bad amazing.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might catch flack for this being as how it is a cult classic, but I think Donnie Darko sucks.

I remember watching back in the day and enjoying it, telling people about it, calling it a future cult classic, etc... but I watched it again for the first time in a LONG time and sat there like 'wtf was I thinking'.

Idk, that movie is trash though.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hobbs & Shaw - Exactly the type of movie you'd expect it to be with this one. Some decent action sequences and enjoy the chemistry between Statham and The Rock. 3.5 out of 5 stars

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched The Revenant today on Comcast On Demand. I had seen it in the theater when it was first released and I had forgotten most of it. Amazing what Hollywood can do with a movie but this was a testament to cinematography. Some of the most beautiful scenery in a movie of this type I have ever seen. And I love this time period in history. Most excellent plot and just superb acting. Leonardo DiCaprio easily deserved the award he got at the Emmy Awards. I would think that some of his scenes must have been Hell to get through.
I thought it was ironic Leo won the emmy for that movie.
Since I thought Tom Hardy was the best actor in that movie.
It was an awesome movie though.