• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bohemian Rhapsody.

It was good but flawed. The guy playing Freddie Mercury was really good but the his personal story was kind of soap opera-ish and drawn out. When the story was about their songs and music it was very entertaining.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain Marvel

Probably one of the worst Marvel movies I have seen yet. Wasn't terrible, just simply wasn't anything memorable. I don't blame the actors for that steaming pile of a script. Very weak writing all around. Visuals were fun though.

4/10

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Book

Very surprised by this movie. Very touching story. Never been a big fan of Viggo Mortensen, but he played his part well in this movie. Mahershala Ali was surprisingly good as well. The interactions between the two characters were priceless. Take everything you presume to know about 1960's black & white stereotypes and reverse the roles. Pretty fun & unique film, albeit a bit slow and dialogue heavy. Still has great comedy & drama. Worth the watch.

8/10

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bohemian Rhapsody.

It was good but flawed. The guy playing Freddie Mercury was really good but the his personal story was kind of soap opera-ish and drawn out. When the story was about their songs and music it was very entertaining.

Likely not going to rent it or the Elton John one.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Upside

While I was aware that the movie existed, it never got on my radar. The story has been told a million times. Meh.

But it was actually a very good movie. I guess there is a reason this story gets told and retold. It is a good story.

Hart was funny as hell and Cranston was very good as the quad. My father passed just a couple years ago form Alzheimer’s, and he had a lot of the same frustrations that Cranston’s character complained about. Really hit home.

8/10

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southland Tales- I watched it when I was young, and had no idea what was going on. So tonight I decided, I always wanted to watch it again to see if it was because I was young or if it was just crazy.

Needless to say, this movie is insane. There is a fine line between genius and insanity and I am not sure where exactly this movie falls, but for whatever reason I really like this movie. It seems to be a love/hate relationship, and I can’t help but think this is a crazy, jumbled mess yet an incredible film. Maybe it is like The Room? Either way, I recommend a watch even if you think it is stupid. It is something to see.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long Shot

7.5/10.

I’ll definitely say it was obvious they were paralleling Hillary Clinton with Charlize Theron’s character except Theron was 1000x more likable. Let me tell you, if Hillary was dropping cursewords and getting high off ecstasy in a dance club, she would’ve won the election.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long Shot

7.5/10.

I’ll definitely say it was obvious they were paralleling Hillary Clinton with Charlize Theron’s character except Theron was 1000x more likable. Let me tell you, if Hillary was dropping cursewords and getting high off ecstasy in a dance club, she would’ve won the election.

In addition to being hot af, Theron is a very good actress .. Young Adult and Tully being just 2 fairly recent small movies I've really enjoyed her in. I'll have to check this one out.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to being hot af, Theron is a very good actress .. Young Adult and Tully being just 2 fairly recent small movies I've really enjoyed her in. I'll have to check this one out.

I think it all depends on how you feel about Seth Rogen. If you watch the trailer and like what you see you’ll like the movie.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deadwood

Was a big fan of the show 15 years ago. The movie is solid but not great.

Was fun to see the characters again.

Cocksuckers!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all depends on how you feel about Seth Rogen. If you watch the trailer and like what you see you’ll like the movie.

I think that he needs to change his strain.. he's a bit too manic at times. But otherwise I like most everything he's been involved with.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only The Brave

Wow... what a simple, yet powerful movie. This one shook me to the core. I was warned by my wife before watching it, so I expected the outcome but it didn’t make me feel any more prepared for it. Amazing cast and superb performances all around. Excellent portrayal of many different internal struggles. Loved the symbolism of the burning bear. Great movie that I’d definitely recommend.

8.5/10

Just watched this... grown man but not gonna lie (or deny) was shedding some tears at the end. Great movie, a bit disjointed in parts so I'll give it an 8/10. *SPOILERS* The gym scene where Brendan shows up, I lost it. Like you KNOW who the '1 survivor' is and the weight it has on the families when they find out, and then the director/producer force the audience to go through with it. Jesus... I can't imagine how that guy felt in real life.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Upside

While I was aware that the movie existed, it never got on my radar. The story has been told a million times. Meh.

But it was actually a very good movie. I guess there is a reason this story gets told and retold. It is a good story.

Hart was funny as hell and Cranston was very good as the quad. My father passed just a couple years ago from Alzheimer’s, and he had a lot of the same frustrations that Cranston’s character complained about. Really hit home.

8/10

This Gimp went to the theatre to see it and it was great. Funny and showed the frustrating side of shit.
Sorry about your dad. Losing your parent sucks.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kong: Skull Island. Very silly, cliche-ridden and predictable.. I knew who was going to make it and who wasn't a few minutes in, for instance. But it was also a lot of fun and the special effects were decent. John C. Reilly in a funny turn as a WW2 vet who'd been trapped there since the war (28 years). 7/10

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Star is Born

All I kept thinking during this whole movie was how I was totally wrong about Gaga...

I use to think that she was talented, but just this generations Madonna.

Nope. Madonna don’t got shit on this chick. Gaga is Madonna, Elton John, Barbara Streisand, Elvis, all wrapped up in one. Her music is not my thing. It is a stretch to call her attractive. But my god is this chick talented. She is a showman. She is an actress (though, admittedly, the praise she got for this was overdone). She has an amazing voice. And this movie shows she is self aware (her unattractiveness was actually a pretty big plot point).

And the movie was pretty engrossing, though Cooper carried the story and emotion.

8.5/10

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Star is Born

All I kept thinking during this whole movie was how I was totally wrong about Gaga...

I use to think that she was talented, but just this generations Madonna.

Nope. Madonna don’t got shit on this chick. Gaga is Madonna, Elton John, Barbara Streisand, Elvis, all wrapped up in one. Her music is not my thing. It is a stretch to call her attractive. But my god is this chick talented. She is a showman. She is an actress (though, admittedly, the praise she got for this was overdone). She has an amazing voice. And this movie shows she is self aware (her unattractiveness was actually a pretty big plot point).

And the movie was pretty engrossing, though Cooper carried the story and emotion.

8.5/10

Yeah, she's the real deal. I wouldn't purchase her music.. it isn't my thing, either. But I'd definitely pay to see her perform.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Native Son. The book was written in the 40s and was about race and class from the perspective of a young black man from the ghetto moving in and working for a wealthy white "liberal" family. Placing it in 2018 the way it was done really did not work logically, especially in the latter part of the movie where it sort of fell apart with people behaving as people just would never behave given the circumstanes that I won't reveal. There were some nice performances, and the first half was good, but ultimately the changes made to "modernize" the story just didn't work. 5/10

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So recently watched both Get Out and Us from Jordan Peele. Get Out was creepy. I enjoyed it enough. Us was fucking stupid af. Made zero sense. Really dumb movie.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detective Pikachu. I thought it was pretty fun and entertaining, but I grew up with Pokemon Red/Blue (+ sequels), the card game, TV show, etc.... so it meant more to me than today's average teen or 50 year old I'd assume. Still I thought it was a good movie.

I'd say it's the best video game movie hands down. Resident Evil is probably a somewhat near 2nd.