• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought a Blu Ray Alien box set.

Watched them in order. Prometheus and Covenant were stunning in their quality.

I like them all, even 3 and 4. If the first 2 could have the quality of 5 & 6 I'd be even happier.

Aliens is my favorite of the bunch...

How could it not be?

I had a DVD box set that had the frigging Director's Cut only. Ruined it.

If only it had better sound as they could do today.

When they first released it on VHS it seemed to sound better than the early DVDs of it.

I love brilliant, thumping sound.

It and the first Terminator were both pedal to the metal movies once they got rolling.

I enjoy T2 as well, likely again because it's newer and has better sound, etc.
Directors cut made it make a bit more sense.
Maybe Hank is blind & goes strongly off of sound only. :noidea:
Aliens is one of my all time fav's

BTW if you were to like terminator 2 more than the original. You would do it on the directors cut which explains a lot more than the original terminator 2. Not because of sound.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
re-watched Life of Brian. That fucking movie still cracks me up. I know Holy Grail is considered, well the holy grail for Monty Python, but I've always liked LoB more.

"crucifixion last hours. it's a slow, horrible death."

"well...at least it gets you out in the open air."
"you're weird." :pound:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mission Impossible Fallout. The action, stunts and settings were amazing. The plot, dialog & acting were absolute dog crap. It's as if they put no effort at all into any of that and it was just a way to string one action sequence to another. Fast forward through any scene without motorcycle/car chases, helicopters and people running and fighting or shooting each other and you won't miss a thing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw 'Loving Vincent'

Very simple movie thats very visually impressive. Its the type of movie that is probably an A+ if you're high and a B if you're not.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Directors cut made it make a bit more sense.
Maybe Hank is blind & goes strongly off of sound only. :noidea:
Aliens is one of my all time fav's

BTW if you were to like terminator 2 more than the original. You would do it on the directors cut which explains a lot more than the original terminator 2. Not because of sound.

The director's cut of Aliens just added filler. None of it was needed. It lost it's flow compared to the theatrical release.

And in case you care, my comment on sound is that even the remastered ones don't have sound as good as I hoped. If you don't find sound important, so be it. I do.

And I never said I like T2 more than the original, only that because it came along 10 or so years later it had much better sound. Crashing and booming were better. And again if you don't care fine.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After disgesting Captain Marvel a little bit, I have changed my score of it from 7/10 to 5/10.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw 'Constantine: City of Demons'

So many characters and none of them developed. Just provocative ideas and not enough meat to the stakes to make things matter like the Constantine live action movie. I think even if this was live action with the same actors, it would still be unsatisfying. But hey...more like the comic maybe? But a total waste of time.

D

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep Cover(1992)....... always liked this movie....

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw 'Constantine: City of Demons'

So many characters and none of them developed. Just provocative ideas and not enough meat to the stakes to make things matter like the Constantine live action movie. I think even if this was live action with the same actors, it would still be unsatisfying. But hey...more like the comic maybe? But a total waste of time.

D

I liked the Constantine movie with Keenu Reeves a lot. A lot of odd takes on religious symbology.

pooods

Sittin Necked on a Beanbag Eatin Cheetoes
Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Diana Jones and the Temple of Poon

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aquaman (2018)
Pretty decent film overall. Comedy didn't feel very fluid, but it had some good moments. Some of the action sequences felt too deliberate, but the final war scene was pretty epic. 6.5/10

Mortal Engines (2018)
Felt like Waterworld meets Mad Max. Pretty cool story & I was pleasantly surprised with it. Visually stunning like most Peter Jackson films. 8/10

Predator (2018)
Good blend of violence & humor. The short-bus troop was the highlight of the film for me. And I liked Olivia Munn & her character in this film. Her interactions with the troop were priceless. Overall story was a little weak, but still entertaining. Would watch again. 6.5/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumblebee (2018)

Didn't care for it. Lots of cringe-worthy moments. Writing flat out sucked. 4/10

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got finished with Green Book. Annnnnd... it's really good. I only had a few minor writing/dialogue exchanges some moments where I felt that Viggo was overacting. All in all, it was really good and a touching story. Ali was excellent.

Easy 8/10... Might go 8.5/10

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aquaman (2018)
Pretty decent film overall. Comedy didn't feel very fluid, but it had some good moments. Some of the action sequences felt too deliberate, but the final war scene was pretty epic. 6.5/10

Mortal Engines (2018)
Felt like Waterworld meets Mad Max. Pretty cool story & I was pleasantly surprised with it. Visually stunning like most Peter Jackson films. 8/10

Predator (2018)
Good blend of violence & humor. The short-bus troop was the highlight of the film for me. And I liked Olivia Munn & her character in this film. Her interactions with the troop were priceless. Overall story was a little weak, but still entertaining. Would watch again. 6.5/10

Seen the 3rd, may end up seeing the first but am interested in seeing the 2nd.

Read the book series. IT was aimed at young adults but the trailers looked decent.

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grown ups - 2010

As a guy film - 7.5/10. Plenty of funny parts, fast moving and it's not too involved. Perfect weekend guy movie.

In contrast, Shape of Water is the standard by which all suck is measured. The fact that it won an Academy award makes me weep for mankind. If tied to a chair and forced to watch this POS, I would flip and give up whatever secrets I had in 15 min.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Punisher: War Zone.

If robots tried to make an action movie by cobbling together random elements of cheesy action movies without putting any knowledge of what the concept of 'entertainment' meant then it would look something like this movie. It is 'acted' out with the exact dialogue you would expect in every scene. The social allegories are pasted on in the weakest of ways and the action scenes dont excite in any way. Ray Stevenson is basically a cardboard cut-out. Jigsaw looks bad, the Loony Bin Jim action scene changes pace too quickly, and the final scenes are just the icing on a cheese ball cake.

This is easily the worst version of the Punisher I've seen.

F. Or B+ if you're doing Mystery Science Theater to it.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw US.....

Quite disappointed. After watching Get Out, i was looking forward to seeing this movie. It's not scary or suspenseful at all, and is hard to follow. The ending doesn't clear things up much either, and it is two hours long.

4/10

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the Highwaymen.

It seems like a surprising amount of money went into this and it really digs into the depression era. It has themes of pushing the law a little too far and questions this idea a little bit but ultimately sides on the side of law and order. And experience. Its a fairly middle of the road take on Bonnie and Clyde with very little Bonnie and Clyde yet manages to stay somewhat interesting. Ultimately this is probably only a movie for people who aren't familiar with what happened or for history buffs who know every detail.

B