• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enemy Mine
Evil Dead
The Changeling
Once Upon a Time in America
Raising Arizona
Tender Mercies
Love the Evil Dead series. I've never heard of Tender Mercies. Might try to check those other ones out.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thing
They Live
Ferris Buellers Day Off
Ghostbusters
Die Hard
Aliens
Scarface
First Blood
Big Trouble in Little China

I mean, if you haven't seen most if not all of these.... you'd better thank me because your world is going to get blown.
I've seen all of those and enjoyed most of them. The Thing is in my top 5 list of all time favorite movies.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Evil Dead series. I've never heard of Tender Mercies. Might try to check those other ones out.

Also, if you haven't seen Enemy Mine, you gotta watch it, Lou Gossett deserved an oscar for his performance IMO.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen all of those and enjoyed most of them. The Thing is in my top 5 list of all time favorite movies.

What about these...

Real Genius
Dead Poets Society (oh captain, my captain)
Commando
Naked Gun (straight up hilarious, one of the funniest movies ever)
Wargames
A Fish Called Wanda
Big
Escape From New York
Lethal Weapon (you have to have seen this one for sure)
The Road Warrior
Platoon
Trading Places
Airplane (also one of the funniest movies ever)
The Princess Bride

I'll just stop there lol

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about these...

Real Genius
Dead Poets Society (oh captain, my captain)
Commando
Naked Gun (straight up hilarious, one of the funniest movies ever)
Wargames
A Fish Called Wanda
Big
Escape From New York
Lethal Weapon (you have to have seen this one for sure)
The Road Warrior
Platoon
Trading Places
Airplane (also one of the funniest movies ever)
The Princess Bride

I'll just stop there lol
I think I've seen bits and pieces of Real Genius when it's been on Comedy Central years ago but don't remember much about it. The first 2 Naked Gun movies are great, as are the first 2 Mad Max films. I enjoyed Commando from what I remember. Big and Princess Bride are always fun movies to watch. I liked both Escape films. You can never go wrong with the Lethal Weapon movies. Platoon while not my favorite war movie, is still great. Airplane was definitely fun to watch as well.
I saw the sequel to A Fish Called Wanda and don't really recall liking it a whole lot so I'm not sure I'll check that out. I've heard good things about Wargames so I might put that on my list. Not sure about Dead Poets Society. I want to say I've seen Trading Places at some point but for the life of me, I can't remember much about it but know the basic premise. Another one I've never seen and a lot of people loved it is Rain Man but it just didn't look that interesting to me.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I've seen bits and pieces of Real Genius when it's been on Comedy Central years ago but don't remember much about it. The first 2 Naked Gun movies are great, as are the first 2 Mad Max films. I enjoyed Commando from what I remember. Big and Princess Bride are always fun movies to watch. I liked both Escape films. You can never go wrong with the Lethal Weapon movies. Platoon while not my favorite war movie, is still great. Airplane was definitely fun to watch as well.
I saw the sequel to A Fish Called Wanda and don't really recall liking it a whole lot so I'm not sure I'll check that out. I've heard good things about Wargames so I might put that on my list. Not sure about Dead Poets Society. I want to say I've seen Trading Places at some point but for the life of me, I can't remember much about it but know the basic premise. Another one I've never seen and a lot of people loved it is Rain Man but it just didn't look that interesting to me.
Real Genius??

:pop2:

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw White Boy Rick, 4/5. The best part is knowing that they were looking for a non actor to play Rick. They went to a school and the guidance councelor pointed to this kid and said if you want someone anti establishment, he's your guy. For never acting before ever he was very good. He got screwed over by the FBI in a way. McConaughy was good as well....

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't judge 'Fish' by a sequel. One of the best comedies of that decade, without a doubt. If you like John Cleese at all, a must see. Palin and Klein are excellent as well. Jamie Lee Curtis at the height of her milfdom.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't judge 'Fish' by a sequel. One of the best comedies of that decade, without a doubt. If you like John Cleese at all, a must see. Palin and Klein are excellent as well. Jamie Lee Curtis at the height of her milfdom.
Wait...

Sequel to Fish Called Wanda?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw American Made. Surprisingly competent but lacking the special something that would make it a classic.

B

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yellow Submarine: 4.5/5 stars. One of the best movies I've seen in a while.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MV5BOWUxYTNiYTEtYjM3Ni00MWNmLWI0YTgtMTU4MGRhYmMyMWYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_SY999_CR0,0,657,999_AL_.jpg

1980 movie. Saw it at drive in with my dad.

MV5BNzUzMWQ5MDItNjdiYS00MWIwLTliNDYtN2YzMTEzMjE2NjkxL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_SY1000_SX664_AL_.jpg

Came out same year but I didn't see it for a few more years.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got around to watching the new Sicario: Day of the Solado.

It was okay. It started out with a great concept but for me kind of fell flat towards the middle-end. After Alejandro kills the lawyer of one of the cartels (scene shown in the trailer) it's kind of bleh the rest of the way. The goal is to get the cartels warring against each other, but we never see any of that. It's just about babysitting the stupid girl they capture the entire time. The sub plot with the little gang banger kid who will now be trained as a Sicario was pretty uninteresting.

Overall 5/10. It was another one of those 'setup' movies for the incoming sequel, and I HATE movies that do that unless it's obviously implied (Star Wars, LOTR, Potter etc.)

Last edited:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a solid movie until the last couple of minutes.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a double bill African adventure sitting.

Mountains of the Moon - Burton and Speke searching for the source of the Nile - Outstanding movie.

Blood Diamond