• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Few Days

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been away for the last few days and there was quite a bit of movement around the league.

Starting off the Isles acquired Eberle from the Oilers for Ryan Strome. Isles now have now landed their best Winger in the Tavares era and despite giving up a former first round pick in Strome, I think the Isles win this trade. I think it's a very good fit and I see Eberle being a consistent 30 goal scorer for the Islanders.

The next blockbuster come via Chicago and Arizona with the Yotes being the buyers in the trade. Arizona landed a quality defenseman in Hjalmarsson. They gave up Murphy and Dauphin, Murphy is a solid player but Dauphin hasn't developed as expected but Chiacgo could develop him into a role player. I like this trade from the Yotes point of view, they are trying to expedite the rebuilding process and land in my mind one of the more underrated players in the NHL. For me I hate this deal from the Hawks end, yes they get a controlled player in Murphy but he doesn't save the much money on the cap in comparison to Hjalmarsson and Hjalmarsson levels above in my eyes.

Then Chicago made another interesting deal as they brought back Brandon Saad for Artemi Panarin. I know the Hawks liked Saad and there is some familiarity there and he's under contract for the foresable future but they lose a dyanmic offensive talent in Panarin who had unreal chemistry with Kane. He had his best years to date playing with Panarin and I think not only do use lose offence with the departure of Panarin but I do think that will have an impact on Kane as well. Yes Saad is under contract for 4 and Panarin is for the next 2 but you lose instant offence and don't save any money on the cap as both players have the same cap hit. I love this deal for the Jackets, their lineup is built on depth, physicality & grit. They have players good offensive players but outisde of Atkinson they lacked a dyanmic player whose a pure goal scorer and create offence well that is what Panarin can do for you and the Jackets still have plenty of big bodies who can contribute on the score sheet such as Folingo, Hartnell, Dubinsky, Jenner, Anderson etc.

Lastly, the Rangers and the Yotes made a deal with again the Yotes being buyers. I hate this deal from Arizona's perspective, I understand they are trying to expedite the rebulidng process and trying to win but for me Stepan and Rantta are not worth of the 7th overall pick plus you ship out a mid level prospect in DeAngelo, No thank You! Rangers fleeced the Yotes in the deal, yes they lost their #1 center but his contract was one they were trying to shift as he had 4 years left at $6.5 per and he's not worth that. So they free up cap space, land the 7th overall pick and land a decent prospect, kudos to the Rangers on that one!