• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the LA Clippers

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they for real or not? They just got bablasted by a short handed Timberwolves team. They've lost several other inexcusable games, and on any given night you have no idea if Leonard or PG are going to play. Or if they play for how many minutes?

Obviously Leonard and PG won't load manage come playoffs, but still, how good are they? I actually don't think these guys are clear favorites. Nor do I think the Lakers are either, as I think the Lakers need one more piece in their rotation. But between the two teams, I like the Lakers chances.

But given the Clippers uncertainty play, the Lakers missing one big piece, I think the West is a little more open then many predicted coming into the season. The Denver Nuggets are the most reliable and complete team right now, but I don't trust them to overcome a 7 game series against the Lakers or Clippers when those two teams are going full force.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers need a wing defender, a backup play-maker and for their 2nd and 3rd units to be consistent.

Then focus on limiting turnovers.

All those come together, yeah they have a chance at beating the Clippers in a playoff series.

Right now the Lakers match well against every team in the West except for the Clippers.

In a perfect world the Clippers become the 4th seed, match up against the Jazz or Rockets and get knocked out in round 1. Doubtful but a Lakers fan can always hope.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers need a wing defender, a backup play-maker and for their 2nd and 3rd units to be consistent.

Then focus on limiting turnovers.

All those come together, yeah they have a chance at beating the Clippers in a playoff series.

Right now the Lakers match well against every team in the West except for the Clippers.

In a perfect world the Clippers become the 4th seed, match up against the Jazz or Rockets and get knocked out in round 1. Doubtful but a Lakers fan can always hope.

The Rockets, what a unpredictable bunch. They can either put up 130 points and win by 30 or they could give up 130 and lose by 30. At best I don't see Houston getting out of the second round.

Utah can be good and reliable, although they're in a skid right now. But Utah and Denver are maybe the most reliable and consistent teams in the West and I could see either of them putting up great fights against the LA teams.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was an issue of scouting. Everyone knows when you played the wolves before you could leave them open at the 3 point line. They added a TON of shooting at the trade deadline. I think you can safely expect that teams will adapt quickly and games where the Wolves hit 60% from downtown are rare.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets, what a unpredictable bunch. They can either put up 130 points and win by 30 or they could give up 130 and lose by 30. At best I don't see Houston getting out of the second round.

Utah can be good and reliable, although they're in a skid right now. But Utah and Denver are maybe the most reliable and consistent teams in the West and I could see either of them putting up great fights against the LA teams.

The Rockets wouldn't be able to keep doing what they're doing for a 7 game series against teams with dominant bigs like the Lakers, Nuggets or Jazz.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was an issue of scouting. Everyone knows when you played the wolves before you could leave them open at the 3 point line. They added a TON of shooting at the trade deadline. I think you can safely expect that teams will adapt quickly and games where the Wolves hit 60% from downtown are rare.
You would think them scoring 81 points in a half on you, you'd make adjustments immediately and not have to scout. Play a little defense and pride and heart and you can bring 81 first half points down to at the very least 70

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they for real or not? They just got bablasted by a short handed Timberwolves team. They've lost several other inexcusable games, and on any given night you have no idea if Leonard or PG are going to play. Or if they play for how many minutes?

Obviously Leonard and PG won't load manage come playoffs, but still, how good are they? I actually don't think these guys are clear favorites. Nor do I think the Lakers are either, as I think the Lakers need one more piece in their rotation. But between the two teams, I like the Lakers chances.

But given the Clippers uncertainty play, the Lakers missing one big piece, I think the West is a little more open then many predicted coming into the season. The Denver Nuggets are the most reliable and complete team right now, but I don't trust them to overcome a 7 game series against the Lakers or Clippers when those two teams are going full force.
The Clippers are better than the Lakers.

I think that's pretty clear.

The game last night was a complete abortion. But, what about the game before? Heat are 2nd in the East and the game was not in question after the half.

As for KAwhi missing games, he misses the 2nd half of back to backs.

Pretty sure those are eliminated in the playoffs.

Clippers have played like 20 games this year with George and Leanord.

They won 17.

We good.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit happens.

The Clippers have no excuse for that shitshow last night.

None.

They have the best team, on paper, out West.

But, at some point, they have to prove it on the court against a team OTHER THAN the Lakers.

They gotta wake the fuck up.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they are
Yeah.

Luckily, a team has to beat us 4 times to take a series.

I don't think any team in the West WILL, if the Clippers are healthy.

Can they? Sure.

Denver, Lakers, Jazz have a shot. But, I doubt they will.

I also expect these load management loses to lessen with Morris on the roster.

It's a little easier to beat us when Patrick Patterson is the starting power forward.

But, they don't have that excuse for last night.

You can't get mauled like that when you have 5 dudes on your roster that are averaging 19 ppg or more, and 4 of them played last night.

No fucking excuse.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets wouldn't be able to keep doing what they're doing for a 7 game series against teams with dominant bigs like the Lakers, Nuggets or Jazz.
Eh.

Lakers have a real issue with wings.That's why a guy like Kidd-Gilchrest would have had value for you.

The Rockets wouldn't be a easy win in the best of 7.

But, I wouldn't take them in a series against the Lakers.

Not sure about the other two though.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to see them play the other two to decide.

The Lakers?

I'd take them in the best of 7. But, it would go 6 minimum.

LAbron geles can't guard a potted plant on the perimeter.

If Westbrook plays within himself?

Yikes.

But, how often can he resist going hero ball?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers?

Yikes.

LAbron

:pound:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think them scoring 81 points in a half on you, you'd make adjustments immediately and not have to scout. Play a little defense and pride and heart and you can briing 81 first half points down to at the very least 70
That's not even the first time that's happened this Season.

Shit, I believe it's the 3rd time a team has hit 80 on us in the first half .

The problem is, they won at least one of those games.

They have a false sense that they can go down 15 plus and then flip a switch to pull out a win.

Sometimes , it works * See Lakers, Heat.

When it doesn't, * See Wolves, Griz's blowouts.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit happens.

The Clippers have no excuse for that shitshow last night.

None.

They have the best team, on paper, out West.

But, at some point, they have to prove it on the court against a team OTHER THAN the Lakers.

They gotta wake the fuck up.

Feels a lot like the 2019 Warriors minus the injury. They have tons of talent just seem to be lethargic and lacking chemistry at times. I think they’ll be able to figure it out though and I have them coming out of the West.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're for real.

It's the regular season...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because they only have ONE system: Shoot as many 3s as possible.

It's not hard to figure out. One bad shooting night and they lose by 36 to the Phoenix Suns.
They face a team with actual wing defense and they're screwed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers?

Yikes.

I just think not much changes with the Rockets small ball lineup. It helps their offense and hurts their defense but doesn't change much in terms of how they need to win playoffs series. Need lots of Russ and Harden and the role player must make a high % of their 3's. Always was going to be that way

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they only have ONE system: Shoot as many 3s as possible.

It's not hard to figure out. One bad shooting night and they lose by 36 to the Phoenix Suns.
They face a team with actual wing defense and they're screwed.

I wouldn't read much into that Suns game. 2nd night of a B2B and the guy who been the best player on the team for the last month didn't play.

I also seen Russ and Harden go toe to toe with PG, Bev, and Kawhi. Not going to face a much better wing defender than that.