• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The James Harden Appreciation Thread

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of haters out there, but…

This dude is in steep decline mode as we know it. Even though I don’t like how he quit on the Nets, it’s time to appreciate the talent he still has.

The Harden/Embiid duo will not look good in three years time. Looking at some of these teams, I’m thankful the Pacers had their tank job this year (and maybe next year as well)…

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of haters out there, but…

This dude is in steep decline mode as we know it. Even though I don’t like how he quit on the Nets, it’s time to appreciate the talent he still has.

The Harden/Embiid duo will not look good in three years time. Looking at some of these teams, I’m thankful the Pacers had their tank job this year (and maybe next year as well)…

I really don’t think that store video is funny at all.

Every person reacted the same way, in fear.

A large man rushed all up in a stranger’s face with no warning at all. Pretty decent chance somebody reacts with some type of aggressive move to defend themselves.

Videos like that are so unnecessary. Mess with your friends all you want, but don’t get up in a stranger’s face.

Not cool.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday night Harden had 18/8/6 and was +27 in a 20 point playoff win. Harden has clearly lost a step and Father Time is undefeated but he’s well suited to be a 2nd or even a 3rd option as the 21 year old Maxey develops.

I think the OP is mad that the Sixers have 4 players better than anything on the Pacers roster.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday night Harden had 18/8/6 and was +27 in a 20 point playoff win. Harden has clearly lost a step and Father Time is undefeated but he’s well suited to be a 2nd or even a 3rd option as the 21 year old Maxey develops.

I think the OP is mad that the Sixers have 4 players better than anything on the Pacers roster.

Best of luck paying Harden $250M this summer.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he makes the Sixers a better team, but he is certainly in decline. He is a great mentor for Maxey and helps Embiid so much out there.

I wouldn't mind another season with the Sixers but I hope he doesn't get a max deal to stay

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's the foregone conclusion everyone thinks it is.

Yeah imo, Harden is going to be one of the more interesting contracts out there.

He is going to want that $250 million and under normal circumstances, I would say that it's a slam dunk that he gets it, even with him appearing to be in decline and him coming up small in the playoffs.

But he essentially ate his way off of one team and quit on another team. Then, you see things like last night where Embiid was clearly struggling with something, Harden has a chance to step up as you would expect from your #2 and didn't do it.

It will be interesting to see if anyone actually offers him that much.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah $250M is a young star or superstar range, not 19 and 9 on 40% shooting 36% from 3 and average at best defense. If Harden was still a #1 that could play in #2 role then I would say yeah but he is going on 33. This is not a LBJ 33, a strip club every night 33.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he makes the Sixers a better team, but he is certainly in decline. He is a great mentor for Maxey and helps Embiid so much out there.

I wouldn't mind another season with the Sixers but I hope he doesn't get a max deal to stay
One thing I’ve never heard Harden be accused of is being a mentor. Unless Maxey needs help making it rain off the court he better look elsewhere.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah imo, Harden is going to be one of the more interesting contracts out there.

He is going to want that $250 million and under normal circumstances, I would say that it's a slam dunk that he gets it, even with him appearing to be in decline and him coming up small in the playoffs.

But he essentially ate his way off of one team and quit on another team. Then, you see things like last night where Embiid was clearly struggling with something, Harden has a chance to step up as you would expect from your #2 and didn't do it.

It will be interesting to see if anyone actually offers him that much.
The most likely outcome is that Harden realizes he isn't convincing the Sixers of a max deal so instead opts in for his final year at 47 million and he bets on earning his next contract with his play in 2022-23.
The second most likely outcome is Harden chooses security of multiple years and many dollars for something like 4 years 100-120 million.
The least likely outcome would be the one everybody keeps throwing out there. Morey essentially becomes a retard and gives Harden a max deal that will become one of the worst contracts in the league instantly after signing it. I mean it's a nice scenario for haters to root for but it's not very likely.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he makes them better it is only marginally. At this point I'd prefer Curry's shooting and Drummond backing up Embiid to Harden.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most likely outcome is that Harden realizes he isn't convincing the Sixers of a max deal so instead opts in for his final year at 47 million and he bets on earning his next contract with his play in 2022-23.
The second most likely outcome is Harden chooses security of multiple years and many dollars for something like 4 years 100-120 million.
The least likely outcome would be the one everybody keeps throwing out there. Morey essentially becomes a retard and gives Harden a max deal that will become one of the worst contracts in the league instantly after signing it. I mean it's a nice scenario for haters to root for but it's not very likely.

I believe #1 is the 95% option, with #3 at 5%. I don't see any way Harden chooses to go from $47m per to $25-30M per without first taking that $47M and taking his chances in free agency (or forcing yet another trade). Not for a second round exit team.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he makes them better it is only marginally. At this point I'd prefer Curry's shooting and Drummond backing up Embiid to Harden.
I disagree. The biggest Sixer playoff issue for years has been the lack of a point guard who can get them into stuff in the half-court. Despite Harden not being Harden anymore, he still has given them that presence they've lacked in playoffs past.

Reactions: ill

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The biggest Sixer playoff issue for years has been the lack of a point guard who can get them into stuff in the half-court. Despite Harden not being Harden anymore, he still has given them that presence they've lacked in playoffs past.
Maxey has really stepped it up this year and I actually think the offense runs better with him at the helm and Curry's shooting was a great fit with him.