• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Jags sign Tim Tebow

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,921.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags have some impressive depth at RB.

Robinson
Hyde
Etienne

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You either forgot his positive records at Denver, or intentionally omitted them. Which is it?

Already said in comment # 23 he was 7-4 as the starter. So what exactly have I forgotten? You're outright ignoring his stats. Pay attention to his pass percentage completion, 46.5. You think that's good? 6 int's & 14 fumbles in 11 games. Is that good? And he only completed 40.4% of his passes in the playoffs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have used won-loss record to justify other QB's....he led Denver to a 7-4 record in 2011 and a win over Pitt in the playoffs.

Pay attention to his completion percentage in those 11 games as starter. Pay attention to his 6 int's & league leading 14 fumbles in those games. Pay attention to his 40.4 completion % in the playoffs. As far as the win over the Steelers. You should take a moment and look up how many starters didn't play in the game due to injury. And Ryan Clark was unable to play due to his sickle cell.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was 7-4 as the starter.
Keep Going GIF by MOODMAN

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,921.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay attention to his completion percentage in those 11 games as starter. Pay attention to his 6 int's & league leading 14 fumbles in those games. Pay attention to his 40.4 completion % in the playoffs. As far as the win over the Steelers. You should take a moment and look up how many starters didn't play in the game due to injury. And Ryan Clark was unable to play due to his sickle cell.
Look at the Broncos record with Kyle Orton and then with Tebow. They played much better with Tebow at QB.....despite him not being the perfect QB. His leadership was as much a factor as his play (or in your opinion his lackluster play on the field).

The Broncos still won the game.....despite how many players the Steelers were without (and I know that and remember it).You still have to play the game. Make all the excuses you want.....the Broncos won.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags just used #1 draft pick to acquire Lawrence. Think that they were thinking completion percentage when they signed Tebow?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Broncos record with Kyle Orton and then with Tebow. They played much better with Tebow at QB.....despite him not being the perfect QB. His leadership was as much a factor as his play (or in your opinion his lackluster play on the field).

The Broncos still won the game.....despite how many players the Steelers were without (and I know that and remember it).You still have to play the game. Make all the excuses you want.....the Broncos won.

Where did I say the Broncos didn't win that game? Odd thing to say. And I haven't made any excuses. I stand by what I said. He wasn't a good QB. The stats back that up. And if you need some more proof he wasn't an NFL caliber QB no other team wanted him as their QB.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags just used #1 draft pick to acquire Lawrence. Think that they were thinking completion percentage when they signed Tebow?

Yeah that makes a alotta sense. Tebow wasn't brought in as a back up QB. He was brought in as a TE.