• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The I dont want the Lions to win vs the Cardinals game thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bust for the Lions. Top 10 pick with little to no production. To me that is a bust, at least for the Lions. Fitting to see him setting Colts records now that Andrew Luck is throwing him the rock.

Yup, Its on Staff and Cooter. Still didnt like Ebron though. Drops too many. You dont win playoff games with guys like that. You win 12 in the regular season and then get bounced early.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not running the Pats offense by any stretch. We have no TE which is a big part of that. We dont run nearly the screens either but that is hard to do without a deep threat. Losing all our stars other than Kenny G makes anything we run easy to defend. The O-line has underachieved as well leaving no time to throw. You should certainly blame JBC. This is his offense. The defense has even done better with less.

So JBC came in replaced Lombardi and Stafford had the best season of his career. Then Caldwell gets fired Patricia comes in and instead of the scheme we ran last season Cooter decides on his own lets switch to a ground and pound check down scheme?

:rolleyes:

Bust for the Lions. Top 10 pick with little to no production. To me that is a bust, at least for the Lions. Fitting to see him setting Colts records now that Andrew Luck is throwing him the rock.

He was a starter pretty much the entire time he was here you just had unrealistic expectations. Ebron should never have been a top 10 pick he had plenty of known issues coming out of college including an 11% drop rate and telling his coach his final year that he didn't want to run cross patterns for fear of injury. He was a 2nd round talent that got pushed up boards because of size and Combine performance.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So JBC came in replaced Lombardi and Stafford had the best season of his career. Then Caldwell gets fired Patricia comes in and instead of the scheme we ran last season Cooter decides on his own lets switch to a ground and pound check down scheme?

:rolleyes:

He was a starter pretty much the entire time he was here you just had unrealistic expectations. Ebron should never have been a top 10 pick he had plenty of known issues coming out of college including an 11% drop rate and telling his coach his final year that he didn't want to run cross patterns for fear of injury. He was a 2nd round talent that got pushed up boards because of size and Combine performance.

The difference in Staffords numbers this year are only in turnovers. He had 1 good season and thats it. Not like he was good last year either. He has been better than average most of his career. He is not quite elite.

We did not change the offense to ground and pound until both Tate and MJ were gone. A lot of that was also do to Stafford turning the ball over about a dozen times early in the season. Our offense the rest of the year might be just lineup 7 O-line with a TE and Golladay with just ZZ in the backfield.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had better get a few more scapegoats lined up JBC was kept on this year just for that reason(Same reason BQ didn't hire a new coach immediately). Stafford is turning over the ball because the line is bad and yet again he is having to learn a new offense(How many QBs have success when they have to change schemes every 1.5-2 years?). How many QBs have you considered elite before they won a Superbowl? Plenty of non Lions fans and analysts were putting Stafford in their top 10s, even a few top 5s last year. I actually like the style of offense we have been running this year, but i also know its far more important to mold your offense to fit your personnel.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that there are a lot of successful Ford dealerships in the San Diego area.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff odds are up from 1% to 4%.

Patricia's body fat still sits at 73%.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five TEs have accumulated 185+ catches, 2000+ yards, and 10+ TDs through their age 24 seasons. Four are/will be Hall of Famers.

Kellen Winslow
Rob Gronkowski
Tony Gonzalez
Jason Witten
Ebron

That was before this season in Indy.

Inexcusable to let him walk. And then try and trade a first for an ancient Gronk.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had better get a few more scapegoats lined up JBC was kept on this year just for that reason(Same reason BQ didn't hire a new coach immediately). Stafford is turning over the ball because the line is bad and yet again he is having to learn a new offense(How many QBs have success when they have to change schemes every 1.5-2 years?). How many QBs have you considered elite before they won a Superbowl? Plenty of non Lions fans and analysts were putting Stafford in their top 10s, even a few top 5s last year. I actually like the style of offense we have been running this year, but i also know its far more important to mold your offense to fit your personnel.

Agree for the most part. As far as Elite, he was borderline at one point but has regressed this year. Top 10 is not elite. Top 5 might be. Marino was an Elite QB without ever winning a SB. There are many throughout history.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff odds are up from 1% to 4%.

Patricia's body fat still sits at 73%.

He is on the new Keto diet so his growth is stagnate. He will be down to 50% before you know it.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five TEs have accumulated 185+ catches, 2000+ yards, and 10+ TDs through their age 24 seasons. Four are/will be Hall of Famers.

Kellen Winslow
Rob Gronkowski
Tony Gonzalez
Jason Witten
Ebron

That was before this season in Indy.

Inexcusable to let him walk. And then try and trade a first for an ancient Gronk.

I was not happy about the whole Gronk thing. Dude might be done after this year.

If we get Tate back next year then I would be OK with it. Hopefully he flames out in Philly and his price comes down. He is better suited for the Lions then most other teams. I am still waiting for Brandon Powell. WTF are they waiting for? Maybe now that Ellington is hurt they will let him play.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost just over 50 pounds doing keto. shit works if you actually stick to it.

Nice! Thats what I hear. My weight problems were always the reverse so I wouldnt know personally. I tend to overdo it with training (and playing) and sometimes my weight will plummet if I dont force feed myself.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice! Thats what I hear. My weight problems were always the reverse so I wouldnt know personally. I tend to overdo it with training (and playing) and sometimes my weight will plummet if I dont force feed myself.

The problem is people lose weight on it and then start to claim it does all this other fantastical shit so it seems like a fad. In the end it is the same principles of any diet that works, eat less calories than you burn and you lose weight.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions will be picking around 10th in the draft. They need to pick either Tyler Wiegers, QB out of Eastern Michigan or Jon Wassink QB of Western Michigan.
Now, if they plan on leaving town, perhaps use that pick on San Diego State running back Juwan Washington...build up some new hometown flavor on the team. :)

(Of course, the Lions will actually pick an OT out of Yale.)

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Oliver, Josh Allen or Greedy Williams are my current favorites for a top 10 pick

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Oliver, Josh Allen or Greedy Williams are my current favorites for a top 10 pick

Wow, I love these picks. Lets be real though, there is no chance whatsoever that Oliver is there at 10. He could possibly go number 1. He will get Aaron Donald comparisons.

Greedy may have a chance but not likely either. Big drop off at CB after him but Baker may be a better cover guy so who knows. Allen could be there. This draft is deep in LBs but Allen is the best fit for us and our biggest need.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for another Ragnow.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I love these picks. Lets be real though, there is no chance whatsoever that Oliver is there at 10. He could possibly go number 1. He will get Aaron Donald comparisons.

Greedy may have a chance but not likely either. Big drop off at CB after him. Allen could be there. This draft is deep in LBs but Allen is the best fit for us and our biggest need.

Oliver is no Donald. He gets the rep because he is smaller like Donald, and super athletic. Donald always dominated and motor is always going. Oliver does not have that.

I think Bosa is 1 and I think Quinnen Williams is the 1st DT drafted. This drafted is loaded on Linebackers and Dline. Getting Greedy would be awesome as we would have a stud pair of corners, and a bunch of great front 7 talent will be there in round 2.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not happy about the whole Gronk thing. Dude might be done after this year.

If we get Tate back next year then I would be OK with it. Hopefully he flames out in Philly and his price comes down. He is better suited for the Lions then most other teams. I am still waiting for Brandon Powell. WTF are they waiting for? Maybe now that Ellington is hurt they will let him play.
Tate back would be a big score.

I like Golladay, but he isn't physically gifted to be a #1 receiver. He needs attention elsewhere in coverage imo. And I really don't want to see two highish picks on receivers this next draft.

No idea why Powell never plays. He looked capable in preseason. He's healthy. Put his ass in there.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate back would be a big score.

I like Golladay, but he isn't physically gifted to be a #1 receiver. He needs attention elsewhere in coverage imo. And I really don't want to see two highish picks on receivers this next draft.

No idea why Powell never plays. He looked capable in preseason. He's healthy. Put his ass in there.

He is not beating double teams even though he is strong and fast he is not elite at either. He is not Megatron but he will beat single and zone coverage easy. He needs MJ to deepen the safeties as he runs intermediate routes. It would also help if Stafford had more than 2 seconds to throw.