• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Heir Apparent.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Bernier that much of a franchise goalie? I need the deets!

Should I drop the Rinne dreams? lol

Shouldn't we look at Corey Schneider more?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard us mentioned as a possible destination for Bernier. But I'd figure teams like the Leafs , Jets and Oilers would probably give up more for him.

Personally I'd give up either JJ or Tedenby plus a Dman.

But then do we carry 3 goalies? Bernier wouldn't get anymore playing time here then he does in LA.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've heard us mentioned as a possible destination for Bernier. But I'd figure teams like the Leafs , Jets and Oilers would probably give up more for him.

Personally I'd give up either JJ or Tedenby plus a Dman.

But then do we carry 3 goalies? Bernier wouldn't get anymore playing time here then he does in LA.

your def right they would easily be able to beat out our offer. i would think this trade only works if he is sent to the minors this year? moose is only on contract for this year i thought?

would make for a deep depth at goal esp if kinkade or wedgewood pan out.

marty-bernier for next year bernier-wedgewood after that and maybe look to move one then if we have a 1a/1b situation.

i wouuld easily deal jj/ted/greene/moose he would have to be included because la would want a reliable backup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Moose back makes sense..I wonder if the Kings will try to make him happy in a trade or just ship him to the highest bidder. I would guess he doesn't have a NTC where he could basically choose where he goes.

He steps into any of the 3 situations I mentioned before and he's the 1 by himself or at the very least splitting games 50/50 with Dubnyk or Pavelec. So that makes it tough if they do give him some say in where he goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i would hate to see moose go but it is part of the business. just like i hated it when t-bone got dealt. im sure there is a job waiting for moose somewhere here when he retires.

the only place i could see him being #1 would be the leafs. i do think louongo will get dealt and that will set the price for where bernier will fall. if it only takes a 2nd round pick to get louongo (it will be more then that) then bernier would only take a 3rd

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bernier ain't happy in LA, then what would change here? If he won't see much action(not more than Moose) would it be worth giving up what we may give up?

Like, I wouldn't move JJ in that deal. Teds ok...

that's me... Maybe we should just wait on Wedgewood? Or... SCHNIEDER!!!

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Bernier ain't happy in LA, then what would change here? If he won't see much action(not more than Moose) would it be worth giving up what we may give up?

Like, I wouldn't move JJ in that deal. Teds ok...

that's me... Maybe we should just wait on Wedgewood? Or... SCHNIEDER!!!

Quick is signed forever, so at least here he knows he's the man after one more season.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him. I feel like he's been talked about forever, has had chances and yet he remains in the same place. Are we sure he is the guy? And if he was, I'm sure somebody would have made a move for him by now. I'd rather gamble with what we have and use our assets to build the team in front of the goalie.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
its the same problem with schnieder. you dont know what you will get which is why i think he will be cheaper then louongo who is proven to some extent.

if he did come here it would be different situation because after marty retires next year he knows hes got the job to lose.

tedenby is a lost cause so im fine dealing him. we have depth at d so im fine moving a piece there. jj who knows with him. hes shown some ability buuuuut that only goes for so long. we need results. im sure

thats one of the reasons lou hasnt made a move yet because he wants to see what these kids have. so question if jj and teds dont produce this year can we close the chapter on them here?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its the same problem with schnieder. you dont know what you will get which is why i think he will be cheaper then louongo who is proven to some extent.

if he did come here it would be different situation because after marty retires next year he knows hes got the job to lose.

tedenby is a lost cause so im fine dealing him. we have depth at d so im fine moving a piece there. jj who knows with him. hes shown some ability buuuuut that only goes for so long. we need results. im sure

thats one of the reasons lou hasnt made a move yet because he wants to see what these kids have. so question if jj and teds dont produce this year can we close the chapter on them here?

I'm going to disagree a bit with comparing JJ and Teds. JJ's main problem has been staying healthy. If he can stay healthy I have confidence in him. The other big difference is JJ can play defense. Maybe we were expecting him to be a top line center, but realistically as a 3rd line center I think he is very good. He can play PK and still be an effective player without scoring.

Teds on the other hand, I agree if he's not putting up points he's kind of useless here.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cup and Nasty, Agree with 99 percent of all your posts but can't agree regarding Teds.

He is 22 years old.

We got Matt anderson who is a rookie in his 30s, and Gionta who was a rookie at almost 30. This guy is no where near 30. Dont give up so fast.

Its not like he is a hot commodity right now on the trade market either.

Agree, lets give him the season, but I hope they give him a real chance, not few seconds on the top line.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would've kept Teds up, I didn't think he was playing poorly. I'm not convinced that Tedenby is done. I thought he JJ and Clarkson had good chemistry a few years back, I wish him and JJ would've played more together this season.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that he is available but in what sense has he proved he is even a solid #1 let alone a "franchise Goalie"?

Heir apparent to what?

Right now I'm liking Keith Kinkaid down at Albany who basically moved ahead of Frazee and has been playing great. No guaratees but their really isnt with Bernier either

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Halak will be a UFA the summer when Marty and Moose both run out after next season.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i get that its a crap shoot with any goalie in any situation. but what assets would we really be trading....i mean in a perfect world. ted/jj/greene/moose for bernier is a sweet deal. imo your trading unknowns in jj/ted for an unknown in bernier. i know that deal wouldnt happen but be honest is that a bad deal?

rp i get what your saying but the only problem i have with ted is hes been given chances to stick...granted maybe not top line time but to me you have to earn that not just be given it by default. gionta anderson worked their butts off to get where they are...they were given a shot and gionta has stuck with it because he does what the team wants him to do. tedenby for whatever reason doesnt seem to stick in his head. granted i dont agree with the devils thinking...if the kid can go out and score 50 goals let him do that and let the defense play defense.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
JJ + Teds + Greene for Bernier is a massive over payment.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get that its a crap shoot with any goalie in any situation. but what assets would we really be trading....i mean in a perfect world. ted/jj/greene/moose for bernier is a sweet deal. imo your trading unknowns in jj/ted for an unknown in bernier. i know that deal wouldnt happen but be honest is that a bad deal?

2 young forwards and established 3-4 D man and a backup goalie...for a BACKUP GOALIE (which is what Bernier is so far in his career) isnt really a bad deal, its a fuckin horrible deal. He could be had for MUCH less

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So trading away a 40 year old. A 6th damn at 3 million. Mr glass and mr ahl.