• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Great Russell Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing a little game here, works like this.

Wilson only has a nine season career, so I am only talking about those first nine seasons.

Give one point for...

pro bowls....7
60 or better comp%.....9
4000 or better yards.....4
30 or more TD....5
Less than 10 INT;s....5
100 or more passer rating....6
400 or more rushing yards....6

So adding that up......42

Now other QB in history comes close to that, try to prove me wrong.
Always games

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save to say as of 2021...

Best QB's

1.Aaron Rodgers
2.Patrick Mahomes
3.Russell Wilson

Barring injury I do expect to see 35/10ish, 4300ish yards 104ish passer ratings. from all three.

Yes Tom Brady is THE GOAT and number 4 on the list,

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
73 pages over a made up, cherry picked point system is impressive even for the hoop...

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
73 pages over a made up, cherry picked point system is impressive even for the hoop...

Starts.......he walked right in and took over, wow!
Wins......most wins in nine seasons
Comp %
Passing yards
Pro Bowls
Rushing yards......third all time
Playoff success
TD/INT......three times more TF than INT
Passer Rating.....second in history
NFL firsts...first 100 passer rating first two seasons
NFL records.....only 4000/30/500 and 15 yards of doing it three times

In the history of the NFL no QB was ever more impressive if talking the first nine seasons of the career than Russell Wilson. Love facts!

Last edited:

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think op could have just put the title then nothing as the body and most people would agree

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming up on three years.

Not likely I ever move back. Love it here. Retired early. Living on the beach. Couldn't touch $ this home back in the states. Golf when I want.

Covid has been a blessing. Great deals on golf packages. Getting ready to take another golfcation in a couple weeks.
've got family here or I'd be there with you.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comp %
Passing yards
Pro Bowls
Playoff success
Passer Rating.....second in history

In the history of the NFL no QB was ever more impressive if talking the first nine seasons of the career than Russell Wilson. Love facts!
According to your cherry picked stats and the idea that applying one point for each is meaningful? For instance, Pro Bowls used to mean something years ago. They are all but totally meaningless now. First team All Pro still means something. Winning the MVP absolutely means something. If we are talking QBS, then right or wrong we need to talk SBs. Stats are used to usually sell an agenda. RW is a really good QB and I doubt anyone disagrees with that. Giving a point for a 60% comp rate? That reads as if a comp rate of 60% is good. It sucks. Now RW happens to usually have a very high comp %, but using 60% to give a QB a point is ridiculous. Where does he lose points for holding the ball and getting sacked too much? How do his elite defenses of his first few seasons come into play? How does his often clutch plays help him? You are selling an absolute based on a few pertinent but not all telling numbers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comp %
Passing yards
Pro Bowls <-----
Playoff success
Passer Rating.....second in history <------

According to pro.football-ref.com here are the top four.

1. Mahomes- 108.7
2. D. Watson- 104.5
3. Rodgers- 103.9
4. Wilson- 101.7

Johnny U went to 8 pro bowls his first 9 seasons. I've told you that before. Not sure why you insist on ignoring it. You might love facts, but you make alotta stuff up.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Mahomes- 108.7
2. D. Watson- 104.5
3. Rodgers- 103.9
4. Wilson- 101.7

Johnny U went to 8 pro bowls his first 9 seasons. I've told you that before. Not sure why you insist on ignoring it. You might love facts, but you make alotta stuff up.
Bro did Johnny U beat out 3-4 stud Matt Flynn? I think not

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to your cherry picked stats and the idea that applying one point for each is meaningful? For instance, Pro Bowls used to mean something years ago. They are all but totally meaningless now. First team All Pro still means something. Winning the MVP absolutely means something. If we are talking QBS, then right or wrong we need to talk SBs. Stats are used to usually sell an agenda. RW is a really good QB and I doubt anyone disagrees with that. Giving a point for a 60% comp rate? That reads as if a comp rate of 60% is good. It sucks. Now RW happens to usually have a very high comp %, but using 60% to give a QB a point is ridiculous. Where does he lose points for holding the ball and getting sacked too much? How do his elite defenses of his first few seasons come into play? How does his often clutch plays help him? You are selling an absolute based on a few pertinent but not all telling numbers.

So when it comes to looking at a QB's career, where do we start, yep.....the beginning.

Unlike Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes no clip board holding bench sitting for this guy, no no. He starts day one then precedes to tie the rooke TD record (Peyton) and posts a rare 100 passer rating for a rookie. He wins a playoff game, and in the next two seasons he wins a SB and a yard away from two. He has another 100 passer his second season becoming the only QB in history to start a career with two 100 passer ratings. Great start to his career.

In the next 6 seasons he will lead the NFL in TD passes (34) and passer rating (110.1) he will make muliple pro bowls win playoff games, set NFL records (twice 4000/30/500). His peers will rank him among the top players in the game. He is third right now in rushing yards for a QB. He is second all time (Rodgers) in career passer rating.

No QB in NFL history started more games, won more games, had more 100 passer ratings, involved in more firsts/NFL records than this guy in the first nine seasons of their career.

My little scoring system just a tool to illustrate just how dominate his career has been in comparison ro all others. His score the highest we have, nobody actually close to him.

He also has some record concerning 4th Q comebacks and 4th Q td passing, also something about prime time wins. All in all he has put together the best nine seasons ever seen in the history of the game.

He will pass Montana this season and maybe Elway in TD passes and also will move up te yardage list. By the end of the career there he will sit right next to the best ever, yep, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson stat wise. He is already the best combo passer/runner we have seen.

The SB thing is over valued in judging QB's. Nobody thinks SB winners Terry Bradshaw, Joe Namath, Eli Manning were better than Fran Tarkenton, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon who never won the biggie.

Russell Wilson's is the best QB I have seen and I have seen them all since Johnny U, he is smart, mobile and has that arm, it gets no better.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Mahomes- 108.7
2. D. Watson- 104.5
3. Rodgers- 103.9
4. Wilson- 101.7

You never seem to get things, pay attention.

When it comes to QB's with NINE SEASONS of NFL experience only Aaron Rodgers has a better career passer rating, ok ya with me?

Talking the combination of rushing, passing, pro bowls, comp%, TD/INT, ok? What about that don't you get?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro did Johnny U beat out 3-4 stud Matt Flynn? I think not

Johnny Unitas was cut by the Steelers.

Googled

Pittsburgh Steelers
After his collegiate career, the Pittsburgh Steelers of the NFL drafted Unitas in the ninth round. However, he was released before the season began as the odd man out among four quarterbacks trying to fill three spots. Steelers' head coach Walt Kiesling had made up his mind about Unitas; he thought he was not smart enough to quarterback an NFL team,[7] and he was not given any snaps in practice with the Steelers. Among those edging out Unitas was Ted Marchibroda, future longtime NFL head coach. Out of pro football, Unitas—by this time married—worked in construction in Pittsburgh to support his family.[8] On the weekends, he played quarterback, safety and punter on a local semi-professional team called the Bloomfield Rams for $6 a game.[9]

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of this....

Russell Wilson rewrites history

Russell Wilson became only the second player in league history to rack up 30,000 passing yards and 4,000 rushing yards in his career. The other? Hall of Famer Steve Young.

....in his career.

That word history all over this guy....

What to watch for: Can Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson continue his historic start and his excellence in prime time? He has thrown 16 touchdown passes this season, tied for the most in NFL history through a team's first four games. And he has a combined 26-7-1 record over his career in Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night games. -- Brady Henderson

And it goes on and on.....

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ONE MORE TIME

Not talking the most of any one thing, ok? This is about the COMBINATION of things, ok? Why do I have to keep saying that, sheesh!!!! YES Michael Vick the most rushing yards, but how was his other stats? YES Unitas most pro bowls. but he lost a lot and rushing???? When we take everything into account nobody did it better than Russell Wilson those first nine seasons of the career. Let me guess, ya don't get it.

Tid bit

Wilson currently sits at 93 wins in his regular-season career in the NFL.

The MVP contender this season also passed another winning milestone tonight. Wilson passed Tom Brady to become the NFL’s all-time winningest quarterback in a player’s first nine seasons, including the postseason, with 102.

If there is one thing Wilson knows how to do, it's win football games.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting baseball fact. The pitchers rubber to home plate is 60’ 6”. It was originally drawn up as 60’ 0” but the person who built the first diamond mistook the 0 for a 6. Hence the present day distance from the rubber to the plate.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting baseball fact. The pitchers rubber to home plate is 60’ 6”. It was originally drawn up as 60’ 0” but the person who built the first diamond mistook the 0 for a 6. Hence the present day distance from the rubber to the plate.

Baseball story....

Cool Papa Bell was considered to be the fastest player baseball has ever seen.

In one game he hits a grounder between first and second, so while rounding first to second he had to leap over the ball. dude was fast!

Cool-Papa-Bell-in-the-field[1].jpg

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackie Robinson still holds the UCLA record for longest run from scimmage, a 99 yard gallop. He was also an NCAA long jump champ.Jackie+Robinson+Track_2ea09528-36fe-45a1-8547-cd3552d2aa9d-prv[1].jpg[ATTACH

Jackie_Robinson_Football%201.31.19[1].jpg

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there is....img25015107[1].jpg

Attachments

• Jackie_Robinson_Football%201.31.19[1].jpg
    Jackie_Robinson_Football%201.31.19[1].jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 0