• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The GOAT Appreciation Thread

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point Yank. The problem is that most of us hate seeing something totally false left to be unchallenged. I think I embarrassed him and instead of going in the room and playing with his dolls, he posted a picture of his favorite one and like an uneducated preschooler, he screamed gibberish that made him feel good to himself but made him look horrible to all of the adults.
Actually, he stopped after I questioned the integrity of OSU.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am proud of the history of my team but obviously have to admit the Pats have a better one and have had a 20 year run that has never been seen before in the NFL. I doubt it is repeated any time soon if ever. I'm interested to see how young Pats fans handle this though. They haven't known anything but greatness. I was young when the Broncos won their first two Super Bowls. I thought that was just the norm. Made me appreciate the Super Bowl during the 2015 season all the more.

cd you're making this sound like NEs run is over for certain and we haven't even started the draft?

Lots of variables still in play.

For all we know NE could keep this run going? What will it take one way or the other to say the run/dynasty is still going or has ended?

Say one SB appearance in the next three years does, what does that say still going or over?

A couple playoff appearance and one SB over the next five years?

Let's take it out a decade. One SB win, One SB loss and a couple playoff appearances over or still going?

Honestly I'm not sure? As you eluded to we haven't witnessed anything like this so what can we compare it to? If there is a season and NE somehow makes the SB and God forbid wins it, is it because of Covid or is NE/BB just that good?

Anyway lots and lots of variables and lots to ponder. Can't wait for the draft. I may have been disappointed if I had planned on attending in LV but since I wasn't I'm looking forward to what this years draft will look like. Like many others sorry I'm tired of watching Goofball get booed, Huge men being given a fake hug by the Comish, watching kids (player selected) bringing their five children on stage, watching the green room as some poor schlep falls further and further down the board...

I would miss Mel Kiper and or whomever other analyst talking about players that I have very little knowledge on or who a certain team may be targeting. But I think there will be plenty of that with the 2020 Covid version.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, me too.
How long can BB, Skippy McD and the Krafts keep this gravy train rolling? Time will tell, and time will tell whether or not it was/is Bill's genius or Tom's drive to win.

How interesting would it be to have a NE vs TB SB? If it's another typical NE SB (meaning a close score) and neither BB nor Brady screw up and it comes down to a last second FG. Does that really tell us if it was BB or Brady? Or for argument sake lets say Brady has an awful game; 0 Tds, 2 INTs, 300+ yards, TOP greatly in favor of Tampa and Tampa Bay wins. Was it TB or was it BB?

Maybe these two were the current day Batman and Robin? Like most I fell it was pretty much 50/50 and neither would've been as successful without the other? Both still top of their respective game but nothing like what we've had the pleasure of watching these past two decades.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are some crazy numbers. GOAT.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question that Brady was the best ever at the QB position. The thing is, Belichick provided the supporting cast on both sides of the ball to allow him to be who he was.

The easier way to look at the argument is this......could the Patriots have drafted Chad Pennington,Giovanni Carmazzi, Chris Redman.Tee Martin, Marc Bulger, or Spergon Wynn instead of Brady in the 2000 draft and been as successful? Those six QBs were taken before Brady. What if Drew Bledsoe had never been injured?

The pieces were in place before Bledsoe got hurt, but for some reason, Bledsoe couldn't take advantage of what he had to work with.

After winning the Super Bowl in 2001, the Patriots as a team, played down because they got a case of Super Bowl hangover. But came back to win in 2003 and 2004. Brady then played half of his career in the following ten years and lost two Super Bowls but could never take the team to the promised land. Was that Brady's fault or Belichick's fault?

This argument will go on forever and a hundred years after we're all dead, people will still argue whether or Brady was great because of Bill Belichick or if Belichick was great because of Tom Brady.

I think that they were the perfect match at the perfect time. Neither could or would have been successful without the other. If Belichick had selected Pennington and Brady had gone to the Panthers, Belichick would be coaching at the Naval Academy and Brady would be living in California and most likely be a state rep.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd you're making this sound like NEs run is over for certain and we haven't even started the draft?

Lots of variables still in play.

For all we know NE could keep this run going? What will it take one way or the other to say the run/dynasty is still going or has ended?

Say one SB appearance in the next three years does, what does that say still going or over?

A couple playoff appearance and one SB over the next five years?

Let's take it out a decade. One SB win, One SB loss and a couple playoff appearances over or still going?

Honestly I'm not sure? As you eluded to we haven't witnessed anything like this so what can we compare it to? If there is a season and NE somehow makes the SB and God forbid wins it, is it because of Covid or is NE/BB just that good?

Anyway lots and lots of variables and lots to ponder. Can't wait for the draft. I may have been disappointed if I had planned on attending in LV but since I wasn't I'm looking forward to what this years draft will look like. Like many others sorry I'm tired of watching Goofball get booed, Huge men being given a fake hug by the Comish, watching kids (player selected) bringing their five children on stage, watching the green room as some poor schlep falls further and further down the board...

I would miss Mel Kiper and or whomever other analyst talking about players that I have very little knowledge on or who a certain team may be targeting. But I think there will be plenty of that with the 2020 Covid version.

I guess I would say the odds are not in their favor to continue this historic pace but hey the odds were not in their favor to have done what they did over the last 20 years either. We shall see. I'm just more pointing to the fact that at some point things will not be this good for the franchise. And newer fans to the team are going to have to deal with the fact that their team doesn't win all the time. Whether that happens now or 10 years down the road or whenever it will happen.

As for the draft I thankfully was lazy and hadn't bought my plane tickets yet. I was set up to go and would have had a pretty sweet gig working for Sports Illustrated getting into all the behind the scenes events going on. So yeah a little bummed that will not be the case moving forward. Maybe next year.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I would say the odds are not in their favor to continue this historic pace but hey the odds were not in their favor to have done what they did over the last 20 years either. We shall see. I'm just more pointing to the fact that at some point things will not be this good for the franchise. And newer fans to the team are going to have to deal with the fact that their team doesn't win all the time. Whether that happens now or 10 years down the road or whenever it will happen.

As for the draft I thankfully was lazy and hadn't bought my plane tickets yet. I was set up to go and would have had a pretty sweet gig working for Sports Illustrated getting into all the behind the scenes events going on. So yeah a little bummed that will not be the case moving forward. Maybe next year.
.... but the odds have never been in their favor. That's why you need to wait and see.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... but the odds have never been in their favor. That's why you need to wait and see.

Isn't that exactly what I said?

"I guess I would say the odds are not in their favor to continue this historic pace but hey the odds were not in their favor to have done what they did over the last 20 years either. We shall see."

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that exactly what I said?

"I guess I would say the odds are not in their favor to continue this historic pace but hey the odds were not in their favor to have done what they did over the last 20 years either. We shall see."
Just my a.d.d. acting up :)

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fucking fantastic.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point Yank. The problem is that most of us hate seeing something totally false left to be unchallenged. I think I embarrassed him and instead of going in the room and playing with his dolls, he posted a picture of his favorite one and like an uneducated preschooler, he screamed gibberish that made him feel good to himself but made him look horrible to all of the adults.

Embarress him? He has no pride.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has found a place to live in Tampa Bay on Davis Island. He's going to rent Derek Jeter's 30,000 sf house. Jeter is giving him a deal, $100,000 a month for two years. Utilities included.