• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Front Office Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Not every discussion will be this detailed.

No, never been to Jazz Nation. But I'm more about conversing with quality people, and I've known you and MHSL82 for years, so I like it.

I'm familiar with the discussions we've had, and I know both of your styles.

It would be an adjustment to learn others' styles, and I might not fit in myself.

Don't put me in a box! Don't typecast me! I don't have a style! I'm a chamelion! ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously speaking, if sackataters and I switched usernames without telling you but continued to write in our styles (but not about the same things as we normally do - i.e. no Alex Smith rants from me posting as sackataters), how long would it take for you to tell the difference?

Same question, but assume we were trying to fool you. Sackataters (posting as MHSL82) would be pumping up Jeremy Lin and Alex Smith and I would be talking about ghost towns and Mo Williams over Tinsley. Sackataters (as MHSL82) would be writing long, sometimes statistic gibberish that aren't that sound and heavily based upon opinion and with always the conclusion that he wants John Stockton PGs. How long?

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sackataters, are you excited with Chip Kelly staying at Oregon or were they set up to succeed without him, too? Or both? I don't know much about Oregon football other than they were good and have been good for awhile. They also give Stanford trouble, which is good for my USC Trojans (need every help we can get) and potentially one day could help the Utes (they could also hurt the Utes, too).

So much for Chip as he went ahoy to the Eagles today. Most locals are over him and the drama.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sackataters, are you excited with Chip Kelly staying at Oregon or were they set up to succeed without him, too? Or both? I don't know much about Oregon football other than they were good and have been good for awhile. They also give Stanford trouble, which is good for my USC Trojans (need every help we can get) and potentially one day could help the Utes (they could also hurt the Utes, too).

So much for Chip as he went ahoy to the Eagles today. Most locals are over him and the drama.

Wow. I had JUST quoted that post and was in the middle of saying this:

I guess Chip changed his mind about sticking with Oregon, I'm glad you said they were ready for his departure. Not very familiar with recruiting timelines but I hope this doesn't hurt recruits any more than it would had he had said yes earlier. I hope they took this possibility into account before committing - even if they have a good replacement. They should make the most informed choice they can.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[MEDIA=twitter]291980250060042241[/MEDIA]

Oy vey. How corny could he have been? In his defense, I didn't see this quote. I saw, “Sometimes you have to leave the nest to better yourself or leave one nest as a duck and go to another nest as an Eagle.” He did also say, "can I leave what I have?". So I think the tweeter mangled his quote and in the process made it sound 10X worse, though still a bit corny originally. He could have referred to the nest without clarifying that he meant to play on the words, Ducks and Eagles. It would be like someone having to clarify that his name could be associated with a peeve on the shoulder or a potato snack.

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously speaking, if sackataters and I switched usernames without telling you but continued to write in our styles (but not about the same things as we normally do - i.e. no Alex Smith rants from me posting as sackataters), how long would it take for you to tell the difference?

Same question, but assume we were trying to fool you. Sackataters (posting as MHSL82) would be pumping up Jeremy Lin and Alex Smith and I would be talking about ghost towns and Mo Williams over Tinsley. Sackataters (as MHSL82) would be writing long, sometimes statistic gibberish that aren't that sound and heavily based upon opinion and with always the conclusion that he wants John Stockton PGs. How long?

I'd figure it out within two posts.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we stopped posting on ESPN, dma85 and I haven't been chatting much.

But since it was Mother's Day this past weekend, I wanted to log into Facebook and wish her a good one.

I then saw that she lives in Idaho now? If that's true I'll have to ask her when/why she moved.

I also noticed that she still had the pic up, as her Facebook avatar, of when she went to the game with Greg Miller. The pic has four people, and Clintonite33 is also there. I had forgotten that dma85 was invited to the same game as Clintonite33.

Wow, I even posted the article in the first page of this thread about how she went to a game with Greg. Actually I had forgotten she had gone to any game with Greg. I guess that's what losing touch with someone and chatting less frequently can do to me, I start to forget some things about them.

I think it's amazing that two ESPN chatters went to the same game, coincidentally, with Greg Miller.

My new fantasy is for the following to be invited to the same game with Greg Miller:

* dma85
* Clintonite33
* anonymoussource
* MHSL82
* grimm010
* SteveO123456789
* BlueMoon_76
* jayswag
* Sackataters

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we stopped posting on ESPN, dma85 and I haven't been chatting much.

But since it was Mother's Day this past weekend, I wanted to log into Facebook and wish her a good one.

I then saw that she lives in Idaho now? If that's true I'll have to ask her when/why she moved.

I also noticed that she still had the pic up, as her Facebook avatar, of when she went to the game with Greg Miller. The pic has four people, and Clintonite33 is also there. I had forgotten that dma85 was invited to the same game as Clintonite33.

Wow, I even posted the article in the first page of this thread about how she went to a game with Greg. Actually I had forgotten she had gone to any game with Greg. I guess that's what losing touch with someone and chatting less frequently can do to me, I start to forget some things about them.

I think it's amazing that two ESPN chatters went to the same game, coincidentally, with Greg Miller.

My new fantasy is for the following to be invited to the same game with Greg Miller:

* dma85
* Clintonite33
* anonymoussource
* MHSL82
* grimm010
* SteveO123456789
* BlueMoon_76
* jayswag
* Sackataters

Just buy me and my family tivkets and I'll make part of that fantasy come true. Miller and the rest, I don't know.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I'd like to sit by Greg. Of course, I wouldn't turn it down. But, he just sits there so reserved, no emotion. I'd like to see a little hell fire and brimstone out of him. That Undercover Boss episode didn't do much to spice up his persona either.

Ah, who am I kidding. I'd abosuletly love a court side seat at a Jazz game. Maybe I could get Greg to drink a beer and then we'd see his true nature come out.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just buy me and my family tivkets and I'll make part of that fantasy come true. Miller and the rest, I don't know.

I don't think you understood my fantasy. Or, I don't think you're committed to fulfilling it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I'd like to sit by Greg. Of course, I wouldn't turn it down. But, he just sits there so reserved, no emotion. I'd like to see a little hell fire and brimstone out of him. That Undercover Boss episode didn't do much to spice up his persona either.

Ah, who am I kidding. I'd abosuletly love a court side seat at a Jazz game. Maybe I could get Greg to drink a beer and then we'd see his true nature come out.

Maybe he'll tell you what he really thinks every time he sees Hayward shoot.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understood my fantasy. Or, I don't think you're committed to fulfilling it.

I understand and said I would do my part if you paid for it.