• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Giants are as loose as a goose

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a story making the rounds that the Giants clubhouse is full of dudes walking around in Gladiator masks and Superhero T-Shirts. Pablo Sandoval is dancing in some cowboy boots he got and won't take them off now because he is hot at the plate.. It's Mardi Gras in SF and the Giants are winning.

I am a big believer in keeping things loose on teams. Tight ballplayers make mistakes and question themselves too much. Loose ballplayers are confident and do some spectacular things on the field. Loose teams pull together during tough times . Tight teams look around at each other and wonder why during the tough times.

Adding guys like Morse andHudson has done wonders .Even Hicks has made a huge difference. Morse though I get the felling is about as loose as it gets. Supreme confidence exudes from Morse who might be even more loose than Hunter Pence. Morse looks like the guy that after games he lifts some weights and rides out to greet the world on his Harley. These guys are having fun.

Masks, T-shirts, cowboy boots , and even the good old kangaroo court keep things loose and in turn take some of the heat off the manager who can think about other things to do in the game. Sometimes chemistry comes from comedy and comedy breeds the chemistry and confidence of a ball club. It's a long year and when you are tied to a bunch of guys who you travel with for over half of a calender year you better have fun . No fun and losing is a terrible place to be. Some teams in the past have won fighting with each other but the new wave of thinking today is to find good players who can have fun and still stay focused on winning games and Championships. The Giants have proved that twice already winning WS Championships and this year looks like fun and also has that Championship flavor to it.

I am happy to hear that a little shenanigans are stirring the pot up some in SF. You gotta think that Morse and Pence are behind the wheel for most of it. It's a great feeling to stay loose,have fun, and win.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::thrasher::ss::grouphug::yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on youtube...

Bustin' Loose - Chuck Brown and Soul Searchers (1978)

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::popsdance:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants sign Kent Murphy as baseball wisdom coach

Stay loose. Lesson 1 for Tim Lincecum ....Pitching

Enjoy. Funny stuff.

on youtube...