• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The genius of the Jamal Adams trade

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only negative of this aspect is that we generally turn those 1st rd picks into 2 or 3 picks. Next draft class will be hard to evaluate, so having multiple shots at picking impactful players would be more valuable than ever.

Still worth adding a 24 year old 2 time all pro.

That's right, 2 late 1st will most likely cost us 4 players between the 2 picks because we almost always trade for more picks, BUT like you said, Seahawks are good enough to be a playoff team, but not good enough to get over the hump, so adding a pro bowl stud safety was a good move, because were not gonna be picking with any high first round picks for a long while so adding a top talent was worth it... WE MUST sign him long term though, we can't lose him now, we're committed ...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trade. It's a high risk high reward type deal.
Just curious -- where do you see the high risk in this trade? He's already one of the top DBs in the league and may even be a generational type talent, and he's only turning 25 this Oct with 2 years remaining on his rookie deal.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trade. It's a high risk high reward type deal.

High risk? How... getting a future HOFer (pending injury which is ALWAYS a risk, so you can't factor that in) for two 1st rounders where Seattle generally sucks drafting, with a 2021 draft which is basically a COMPLETE crap shoot because no NCAAF...

Again, Seattle I gave a B grade I believe. There's also a reason I gave the Jets a D grade. Is one of the stupidest organization moves in recent memory (the Jets) to give up a once in a generation, possibly best safety in the league... for a couple LATE 1st round picks (otherwise you're banking on Wilson getting injured) one of which is absolutely or borderline WORTHLESS next year.

It's EXTREMELY high risk for the Jets. #1 - Nobody is going to want to sign with the Jets after this. If they are not going to pay their best player, why the fuck would anyone want to go there, let alone live in the shithole that is New York? #2 - if you're banking on one of Seattle's LATE 1st round picks (in all likeliness) producing MORE than Adams... good luck with that... I'll give that a < 5% chance of happening.

The Jets are a retarded organization and no wonder their team has been shit for so many years. Tom Brady just left the division.. you still went 7-9 so you're not out of it. Answer? "Trade away our best player." LOOOOOOL. What a clown organization.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a risk because your gutting next years draft by trading away 2 of the top 3 picks, so be hard to improve via the draft next year, never mind the first the following year. This is a all in move, but as it stands the roster isn’t ready for such a move. More moves such as signing Clowney and maybe more then that, needs to follow to make this trade work out. If the Seahawks continue filling in the gaps before the season starts, then I’ll be happy and if they don’t....then not so much.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious -- where do you see the high risk in this trade? He's already one of the top DBs in the league and may even be a generational type talent, and he's only turning 25 this Oct with 2 years remaining on his rookie deal.

Nothing to do with the talent, he's very good. The risk is the amount of drafts picks given up and the FO Unable to resign him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High risk? How... getting a future HOFer (pending injury which is ALWAYS a risk, so you can't factor that in) for two 1st rounders where Seattle generally sucks drafting, with a 2021 draft which is basically a COMPLETE crap shoot because no NCAAF...

Again, Seattle I gave a B grade I believe. There's also a reason I gave the Jets a D grade. Is one of the stupidest organization moves in recent memory (the Jets) to give up a once in a generation, possibly best safety in the league... for a couple LATE 1st round picks (otherwise you're banking on Wilson getting injured) one of which is absolutely or borderline WORTHLESS next year.

It's EXTREMELY high risk for the Jets. #1 - Nobody is going to want to sign with the Jets after this. If they are not going to pay their best player, why the fuck would anyone want to go there, let alone live in the shithole that is New York? #2 - if you're banking on one of Seattle's LATE 1st round picks (in all likeliness) producing MORE than Adams... good luck with that... I'll give that a < 5% chance of happening.

The Jets are a retarded organization and no wonder their team has been shit for so many years. Tom Brady just left the division.. you still went 7-9 so you're not out of it. Answer? "Trade away our best player." LOOOOOOL. What a clown organization.

The Jets will fuck up their picks. The risk is giving up the amount of draft picks and the FO unable resign him. No doubt we have a very talented player but come contract talk time, will the FO play ball. Adams holds the cards since Seattle gave up a lot to get him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to do with the talent, he's very good. The risk is the amount of drafts picks given up and the FO Unable to resign him.
I think the "risk" argument would be stronger if Adams wasn't already a proven star in the league, or if he were also coming with an existing high dollar contract. If we were spending all those picks to move up to draft a prospect, then I think that clearly represents a lot more risk than adding established elite talent. We have not made a pick earlier than 1.27 since 2012 when we got Bruce Irvin at #15 overall. Two 1sts may seem like a lot I guess, but I think we could make 5 picks in the last part of round 1 and still not end up with someone as good as Adams. And this FO has a clear knack for acquiring more picks in-draft, so trading away picks now for an upcoming draft just doesn't bother me all that much anyway. We have 3 years of control on Adams if we want it -- 2 remaining on his rookie deal and then a franchise tag option -- and it would still end up being inexpensive on the whole for the type of player we are getting for what may be the meat of his prime. But I would agree that not being able to keep him for a next contract makes this trade less impactful, if it were to turn out that way....unless, of course, we win SBs.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "risk" argument would be stronger if Adams wasn't already a proven star in the league, or if he were also coming with an existing high dollar contract..

Good point... Rick Mirer comes to mind when we sent him to Chicago for a few first rounders...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "risk" argument would be stronger if Adams wasn't already a proven star in the league, or if he were also coming with an existing high dollar contract. If we were spending all those picks to move up to draft a prospect, then I think that clearly represents a lot more risk than adding established elite talent. We have not made a pick earlier than 1.27 since 2012 when we got Bruce Irvin at #15 overall. Two 1sts may seem like a lot I guess, but I think we could make 5 picks in the last part of round 1 and still not end up with someone as good as Adams. And this FO has a clear knack for acquiring more picks in-draft, so trading away picks now for an upcoming draft just doesn't bother me all that much anyway. We have 3 years of control on Adams if we want it -- 2 remaining on his rookie deal and then a franchise tag option -- and it would still end up being inexpensive on the whole for the type of player we are getting for what may be the meat of his prime. But I would agree that not being able to keep him for a next contract makes this trade less impactful, if it were to turn out that way....unless, of course, we win SBs.

The risk is a depleted draft if the FO doesn't resign him. He walks than we have a hole to fill with other pending holes that could have been filled with those picks. Hopefully they resign him and all is good.