• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The first round would've been today

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you Goodell and your half-assed ideas at milking every bit of product you think you can. The first round of the draft would've been today, but instead we're in line for another two weeks of mock drafts and GMs wanting to gouge their eyes out looking at their big boards.

This isn't good for anyone. We're bored out of our minds with the draft process, the GMs already want to get the show on the road, and the players have to be stuck in no man's land for another two weeks.

Get fucked hard, Goodell. Can't believe this guy is racking in 10mil a year to make these kinds of decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly do not understand why they pushed it back. Right now is the perfect time to have it as it's just the 1st round of the NBA and NHL Playoffs. Two weeks from now you're competing with 2nd round games that are much more important. Obviously the NFL Draft will be the bigger story, but why move it into that position?

If the Hawks go on to beat the Pacers and end up playing in the 2nd round during the NFL Draft I'm going to be doing a lot of channel flipping. =\

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fuck you Goodell and your half-assed ideas at milking every bit of product you think you can. The first round of the draft would've been today, but instead we're in line for another two weeks of mock drafts and GMs wanting to gouge their eyes out looking at their big boards.

This isn't good for anyone. We're bored out of our minds with the draft process, the GMs already want to get the show on the road, and the players have to be stuck in no man's land for another two weeks.

Get fucked hard, Goodell. Can't believe this guy is racking in 10mil a year to make these kinds of decisions.

You forgot the word "fan" in front of mock drafts and GMs (fan mock drafts and fan GMs). I miss the old-ish days ('98-'04) before everybody and many fans started wrecking it in so many different ways.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Honestly do not understand why they pushed it back. Right now is the perfect time to have it as it's just the 1st round of the NBA and NHL Playoffs. Two weeks from now you're competing with 2nd round games that are much more important. Obviously the NFL Draft will be the bigger story, but why move it into that position?

If the Hawks go on to beat the Pacers and end up playing in the 2nd round during the NFL Draft I'm going to be doing a lot of channel flipping. =\

They pushed it back because their thinking was they wanted to spread out the events in the offseason so they could better position themselves to keep the NFL relevant all year round.

What they miscalculated is instead of people keeping interest longer it's created a lull because there simply isn't anything more to talk about. All the prospects have already been micro analyzed over and over again.

So instead of having the draft now we'll just have another 2 weeks of the same mock drafts and the regurgitation of the same material that's been regurgitated several times already.

The stupid thing is that the draft date wasn't even broken in the first place. It was just enough time before the draft before you got completely sick of talking about and it and you had enough time after the draft to talk about what happened before all the offseason work begins.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Goodell says future timing of draft hasn?t been decided | ProFootballTalk

The good news is despite the fact they are defending the change of date it looks like they realize it was a mistake and will likely go back to the way it was before.

The bad news is they are considering making it 4 days for some unknow reason. I mean you have to be pretty die hard as it is to sit through day 3 as it stands already.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Goodell says future timing of draft hasn?t been decided | ProFootballTalk

The good news is despite the fact they are defending the change of date it looks like they realize it was a mistake and will likely go back to the way it was before.

The bad news is they are considering making it 4 days for some unknow reason. I mean you have to be pretty die hard as it is to sit through day 3 as it stands already.

4 days would make me so angry. I wish they'd go back to 2 days and this is coming from somebody who covers all things draft 320-330 days a year.

In some ways you're more die hard to me if you went through every minute of the 2 day set-up they once had and still should have in my opinion. I despise the primetime event it's become so much.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
4 days would make me so angry. I wish they'd go back to 2 days and this is coming from somebody who covers all things draft 320-330 days a year.

In some ways you're more die hard to me if you went through every minute of the 2 day set-up they once had and still should have in my opinion. I despise the primetime event it's become so much.

I can live with the 3 day format because I do believe having the 1st round separate from the 2nd is actually beneficial to teams.

Though I do miss spending a lazy saturday watching the draft all day while doing odds and ends around the house.

And I agree that I'm not a fan of the spectacle that the draft has become. I mean 30 players attending? The next thing we'll see is it becoming like the WWE and the draftees will have pyrotechnics and intro music and one of them will power bomb Goodell instead of giving him a hug.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I already feel like I've waited forever from the Superbowl to the draft, so who gives a shit if Godell adds another week to it?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree Clyde, you are spot on with this one. I haven't been as into the draft the last couple years because the format change and now the push back, it's taken a lot of the fun out of it for me.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, fuck the NFL....I have watched the draft on or very near my birthday every year forever....It's always been a great excuse to not do shit.

Thanks for fucking up my birthday Goodell.
giphy.gif

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clyde can you get the 2015 thread up in the meantime?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is we have another month of worthless mock drafts.......

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So, how long does everyone think it will be until the draft is a week long event. They can one round each day. It's like the draft was designed for a full week.

So, by 2020, or not until 2022?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how long does everyone think it will be until the draft is a week long event. They can one round each day. It's like the draft was designed for a full week.

So, by 2020, or not until 2022?

No, it'll be a month long thing - 30 days (31 in May), 30 teams - 7 picks per day - hour special everyday.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, it'll be a month long thing - 30 days (31 in May), 30 teams - 7 picks per day - hour special everyday.

Good call. But which two teams don't get to pick? And does the team picking May 1 get the top 7 players?

It would be fun to hear about teams trading days instead of picks.

Edit: I got it. The entire draft is done in secret over a weekend, then each team has its picks released on it's own day.

May 30 would be "49er day" this year. The draft takes place in May and the Super Bowl winner get their picks released in June, so they feel special having their own month.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call. But which two teams don't get to pick? And does the team picking May 1 get the top 7 players?

It would be fun to hear about teams trading days instead of picks.

Edit: I got it. The entire draft is done in secret over a weekend, then each team has its picks released on it's own day.

May 30 would be "49er day" this year. The draft takes place in May and the Super Bowl winner get their picks released in June, so they feel special having their own month.

Oops, I was thinking about NBA (30 teams). So maybe 14 the first day and 7 the rest? (May, not April).

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm more surprised they haven't started to morph their jerseys to look like premier league jerseys. They could probably generate another 1/2 billion dollars of revenue by putting sponsors across their chest and on one side of the helmets.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm more surprised they haven't started to morph their jerseys to look like premier league jerseys. They could probably generate another 1/2 billion dollars of revenue by putting sponsors across their chest and on one side of the helmets.

Two ideas of the NBA has already considered or is doing.