• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The first live CFB game you ever watched from start to finish?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In person, in Lincoln Nebraska - 1969 USC Southern Cal at Nebraska.

On TV would have been Notre Dame against somebody or the 1964 season Cotton Bowl where Arkansas beat Nebraska 10-7.

Nice to see @NolePride is older than me.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1984 Orange bowl!!! I will never ever forget that game

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
95 Alabama vs Tennessee I believe. I was really little and my dad was watching on TV.

First game I remember seeing in person was either the 99 division 1-AA championship, my dad took me. I remember Georgia Southern winning it all against Youngstown. Paul Johnson vs Jim Tressel. Pretty cool.

Ugh...I was at that '95 game...Peyton Manning's coming out party. Much respect to Manning, but I was not a fan that night. The game was also memorable for me, because my friend and I almost got mugged down the road from Legion Field. I say almost because the mugger bought a knife to a gun fight....my friend was able to persuade our would be assailant that easier pickings were to be found elsewhere.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly cannot remember the first game I watched from start to finish and understood everything that was going on. My dad ALWAYS had a football game going on the TV, whether it was saturday or sunday. One of the earliest ones I can remember specific details about, was an ABC broadcast of a UCLA game (back then you didn't have a lot of options, you watched whatever the networks wanted to show you). I don't recall the opponent but it was probably a PAC-10 game, and the Bruins had this fullback named Rush who dove over the top for a couple of scores.

The first Gamecock game i ever attended live was probably in 86 or 87, when I went down to Columbia with a couple of friends and bought some tickets to a cupcake game. I guess they won...

During the late 80's and early 90's I went to a lot of Carolina and Clemson games, either selling programs or working concessions.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh...I was at that '95 game...Peyton Manning's coming out party. Much respect to Manning, but I was not a fan that night. The game was also memorable for me, because my friend and I almost got mugged down the road from Legion Field. I say almost because the mugger bought a knife to a gun fight....my friend was able to persuade our would be assailant that easier pickings were to be found elsewhere.
I don't remember the outcome necessarily from that game but I remember watching with my dad and saying "we want Tennessee to win, right?" (I grew up and live in Tennessee, plus I just turned 5 I don't know any better) and my dad says something along the lines of "no, we want Alabama to win. I'm from Alabama and went to Alabama so Roll Tide!" and from that moment on I've been an Alabama fan.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska @ K-State, 1985. Tom Rathman and Broderick Thomas were my favorite players. Got their autographs (and some others) on a program after the game. Have since lost that program...:tsk:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember the outcome necessarily from that game but I remember watching with my dad and saying "we want Tennessee to win, right?" (I grew up and live in Tennessee, plus I just turned 5 I don't know any better) and my dad says something along the lines of "no, we want Alabama to win. I'm from Alabama and went to Alabama so Roll Tide!" and from that moment on I've been an Alabama fan.

You are almost the same age as my son...he went to Auburn and doesn't know any better either, lol.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are almost the same age as my son...he went to Auburn and doesn't know any better either, lol.
Bless your heart lol

I wanted to go to Alabama but it was either have a huge student loan I'd never repay (even with schollys) or go to school in state for free thanks to hope scholarship and other schollys

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was the first, but I did watch the 1973 Sugar Bowl start to finish. My first live game was the 1974 Notre Dame at Southern Cal debacle.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bless your heart lol

I wanted to go to Alabama but it was either have a huge student loan I'd never repay (even with schollys) or go to school in state for free thanks to hope scholarship and other schollys

My youngest son got an amazing scholarship offer from Alabama...but chose Georgia Tech, what are you going to do...traitorous little bastards. Just kidding, love my kids, Dad didn't care where they went...Although I think my son pick GT because it was safe, wife went to Auburn, so it was already a divided house.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly cannot remember the first game I watched from start to finish and understood everything that was going on. My dad ALWAYS had a football game going on the TV, whether it was saturday or sunday. One of the earliest ones I can remember specific details about, was an ABC broadcast of a UCLA game (back then you didn't have a lot of options, you watched whatever the networks wanted to show you). I don't recall the opponent but it was probably a PAC-10 game, and the Bruins had this fullback named Rush who dove over the top for a couple of scores.

The first Gamecock game i ever attended live was probably in 86 or 87, when I went down to Columbia with a couple of friends and bought some tickets to a cupcake game. I guess they won...

During the late 80's and early 90's I went to a lot of Carolina and Clemson games, either selling programs or working concessions.

but when did you see your first game for your beloved bears.... ....

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but when did you see your first game for your beloved bears.... ....
What the hell are you talking abo-OH YEAH, my beeeelurved Bares. Well, the night was sultry...

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My youngest son got an amazing scholarship offer from Alabama...but chose Georgia Tech, what are you going to do...traitorous little bastards. Just kidding, love my kids, Dad didn't care where they went...Although I think my son pick GT because it was safe, wife went to Auburn, so it was already a divided house.
Georgia Tech ain't bad either though. I guess it all depends on what you want to do