• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The First 2018 College Football Playoff

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bias if it's reality?
Who cares?

Doesn't make sense to bite the hand that feeds you?

Be like seeing a bunch of Chevys in the parking lot of a Ford assembly plant.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically the best argument to be made vs ANY of the teams Klatt listed for being ranked where they are is probably the 2 teaj no one would argue .

LSU, Florida and TAMI all have better resumes than the other 1/2/3 loss teams . Bama is really the only team who does not have the best resume of the teams with the same number losses (0). They're being ranked on eye test ( which is fine ) but if you were going to pick one of those 4 to argue against it should be the Tide

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?

Doesn't make sense to bite the hand that feeds you?

Be like seeing a bunch of Chevys in the parking lot of a Ford assembly plant.

I care. :noidea:

And these stations aren't 1 product things. The SEC isn't even the biggest market for EPSN, the Big10 is.

People claim SEC bias, but it's not bias when it's the reality. I remember the years of ESPN sucking off the Big10 when Ohio St and Michigan were going at it, and also the Big12 with Oklahoma and Texas. USC had it's turn and FSU has always been a love affair.

When it comes to ESPN, they broadcast basically everyone and they hype whoever is hot.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if you were going to pick one of those 4 to argue against it should be the Tide

Yep and I would be fine with them being ahead of Alabama.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean to tell me that college football commentators would dare to slant their views towards the conferences their empolyers have TV deals with? You gotta be shittin' me!

Go to ESPN NCAAF homepage and count the articles for each conferences.

pretty sure ESPN has a contract with each of the P5 conferences. FOX doesn't.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost rooting for a scenario where a 1 loss non conference champ Bama gets in over 3 1 loss P5 champs.

Maybe some of the conferences would get together and tell ESPN & the Bama invitational to get f'd

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually a scenario where Kentucky somehow wins out and wins the SEC!!!! but gets left out for Bama might be even funner

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost rooting for a scenario where a 1 loss non conference champ Bama gets in over 3 1 loss P5 champs.

Maybe some of the conferences would get together and tell ESPN & the Bama invitational to get f'd
Neat, so you hope for a scenario that you find objectionable, just so it will piss off others who may also find it that way, enough to do something about not having it anymore.

Why not just hope they pick the 4 best teams and we have a solid post season like we normally do? Skip all the drama and have 3 good games. Seems a better thing to hope for to me.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Klatt is one of the biggest dumbasses in college football experts. And the "dumb" part should be bolded because unlike a shithead like Skip Bayless, Joel is just fucking stupid and doesn't know any better.

Best 0 loss team = Alabama (beating the dog shit outta everyone)
Best 1 loss team = LSU (#12 SoS)
Best 2 loss team = Florida (#13 SoS)

And let's stop right there for a second and point out how fucking stupid Joel Klatt is. What is missing here? The fact that there are 2 other 1 loss SEC teams ranked above Florida. Georgia and Kentucky, who happen to be the 2 losses for Florida. It's not like Florida went and lost to some low rent teams(funny saying that about Kentucky).

Meanwhile, who is the best 1 loss team for the Big10? Ohio St and it's annual loss to an unranked team(happened 4 out of their last 5 years). Is that the 1 loss team that deserves to be above LSU? More likely Michigan(#22 SoS) maybe, they have the better loss in ND vs Florida, but LSU has a better win in Georgia and the tougher schedule.

And the best 3 loss team = Texas A&M. 2 of those losses are to Alabama and Clemson and they play the #1 schedule in college football. Should they not be the highest ranked 3 loss team?

If LSU loses this weekend to Alabama, guess who the new best 2 loss team is gonna be? LSU maybe. They play the #12 most difficult schedule. Florida, the current best #2 might still maintain it, they have the #13 overall schedule and the H2H. Still, its' gonna be between 2 SEC teams.

And if you ever needed 100% total proof that Joel Klatt is the biggest dumbass in college football "experts", this is his argument:

Yep, that dumbfuck is no better than dipshit @AlaskaGuy Actually quoting P5 teams played like that label is significant and meaningful to team strength.

Washington St SoS: #90.

The common theme is Joel Klatt is an idiot.
Don't ever tag me again fvckwit.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat, so you hope for a scenario that you find objectionable, just so it will piss off others who may also find it that way, enough to do something about not having it anymore.

Why not just hope they pick the 4 best teams and we have a solid post season like we normally do? Skip all the drama and have 3 good games. Seems a better thing to hope for to me.
Uh Wiz, IIRC, only two of the eight semifinals games have been decent...aka "solid" in my book. The rest, bad to horrible on a competitive basis. Bama/OSU in '14 and OU/Georgia in '17. Haven't the rest been blowouts or blah...at least on a competitive basis? Am I missing something?

Now, most of the four finals have been "solid" or even better than solid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't ever tag me again fvckwit.

tenor.gif

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh Wiz, IIRC, only two of the eight semifinals games have been decent...aka "solid" in my book. The rest, bad to horrible on a competitive basis. Bama/OSU in '14 and OU/Georgia in '17. Haven't the rest been blowouts or blah...at least on a competitive basis? Am I missing something?

Now, most of the four finals have been "solid" or even better than solid.
No, they weren't all close games. I was quite pleased at a few of those blow outs though so I guess it's personal taste.

The thing is he keeps on complaining about a scenario he's entirely irate about before it actually happens and it's based on prior years when really the right call was made IMO.

There isn't a single playoff yet that the committee didn't serve it's purpose. Instead of just a lucky break kind of thing, or no loss teams that looked decent being left out (like BCS era) we get at least 3 of the most obvious choices. As I've already said many times I really don't care how accurate or deserving or whatever 4th is. I just hate the constant bitching about it every year. If their team doesn't get in, win more next year. It's not harder than that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did AG turn into doublejive?
Thoughts @TheDayMan ?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did AG turn into doublejive?
Thoughts @TheDayMan ?
I suspected maybe at one point, but ruled it out long ago. AG is way too consistent and organized to be DoubleJive. That guy was a mess.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspected maybe at one point, but ruled it out long ago. AG is way too consistent and organized to be DoubleJive. That guy was a mess.
Yeah, but his defensiveness, threats to do bodily harm, and that response to 4d20 above are all kind of doublejive's vibe.

He was once voted the most likely to hunt someone from the board down and run them over. Someone else is carrying that mantle quite well now.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s crazy that the 2 of the biggest conference had 1 meeting between each other this yr. Purdue vs Missouri. That is a major problem with the entire system.