• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Far Side returns

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So awesome.

My favorite, but I'm open to new submissions.

ardjnadn1msck8fpe6qd.jpg

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So awesome.

My favorite, but I'm open to new submissions.

ardjnadn1msck8fpe6qd.jpg

This one is extra funny/personal to me, I was in gifted programs from the age of 7 on and I actually do this way more often than anyone I know (and laugh/curse at myself for it every time).

No problem if there's a sign so I'm not quite as bad as Junior there but somehow I just absentmindedly "ignore" tons of door handles :wink: :lol:

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My parents tried to get me into the “Gifted and Talented” part of school. But they didn’t think a 7 year old with a 10” penis and could tap dance qualified!

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is extra funny/personal to me, I was in gifted programs from the age of 7 on and I actually do this way more often than anyone I know (and laugh/curse at myself for it every time).

No problem if there's a sign so I'm not quite as bad as Junior there but somehow I just absentmindedly "ignore" tons of door handles :wink: :lol:

If you see hinges, pull. Otherwise, push. I've had to tell my engineering students this many times over the years and it's like a lightbulb when they realize that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you see hinges, pull. Otherwise, push. I've had to tell my engineering students this many times over the years and it's like a lightbulb when they realize that.
How many sliding glass doors have they busted by pushing into them?

Your logic is very dangerous. I except you will be getting a call from an attorney any day now...

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The door handle is at the same height as the girl's ass in front of me, hinges are off the radar :lol:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Its amazing how those folks could grasp advanced theories but could not seem to get their belt through all the loops.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Its amazing how those folks could grasp advanced theories but could not seem to get their belt through all the loops.
I know plenty of people with tons of books smarts but no common sense

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't that the truth. My graduate advisor had all 3 degrees from MIT, but little common sense to where you can do nothing but shake your head.

Another point is that fire codes typically require exterior doors of public buildings to open outwards so if you're leaving a building, push. Entering, pull. Grocery and merchandise stores typically just go with automatic sliding doors, since so many of the general public would do the opposite of what you should do and it speeds up customers getting in and out.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Last edited:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, I know plenty of people who have both. If my biggest problem is pushing the wrong door I figure I should be OK. Of course if I get caught in a burning office building or something you may have to pray for me :lol:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that the truth. My graduate advisor had all 3 degrees from MIT, but little common sense to where you can do nothing but shake your head.

Another point is that fire codes typically require exterior doors of public buildings to open outwards so if you're leaving a building, push. Entering, pull. Grocery and merchandise stores typically just go with automatic sliding doors, since so many of the general public would do the opposite of what you should do and it speeds up customers getting in and out.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

I'm a little different than the comic strip in that entering from outside and exiting is never a problem, it's the damn internal doors that occasionally screw me :lol:

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Farside is never a bad thing. Cow tools FTW!