• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't watched one Marvel movie up until 2019 when I was laid up with a severed achiles,. I was bored and watched Captain America, and got sucked in and watched all of them besides Guardians of the Galaxy, in like a month.
It’s a fun ride.

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about the ham fisted interjection of woke with the run in with the cops in episode 2 ...fuckin lame

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without spoiling anything, an A List actor has joined the MCU. They did a good job keeping the lid on that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without spoiling anything, an A List actor has joined the MCU. They did a good job keeping the lid on that.
“A list actor” I think is a bit of a stretch, but I agree it is a big name.

Maybe according to net worth, this person is “A List”, though. We are talking top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1% level money here. And that is before you calculate the millions and millions this person has earned in their own career.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the episode, though...

Is there a specific costume we are expecting to see? I didn’t see anything particularly unique in a quick google search.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“A list actor” I think is a bit of a stretch, but I agree it is a big name.

Maybe according to net worth, this person is “A List”, though. We are talking top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1% level money here. And that is before you calculate the millions and millions this person has earned in their own career.
“A List” in terms of notoriety, popularity, and critical acclaim. I can’t think of 5 bigger female names.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julia Roberts
Jennifer Lawrence
Scarlett Johansson
Margot Robbie
Charlize Theron
Meryl Streep
Jennifer Aniston
Nicole Kidman
Emma Stone
Etc
Etc

She is TV/niche big. I agree it is a decent name for the show, but it is somewhat akin to going apeshit that Cobbie Smulders was cast as Maria Hill (not quite, but it would be closer than saying she is a top 5 Hollywood actress)

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julia Roberts
Jennifer Lawrence
Scarlett Johansson
Margot Robbie
Charlize Theron
Meryl Streep
Jennifer Aniston
Nicole Kidman
Emma Stone
Etc
Etc

She is TV/niche big. I agree it is a decent name for the show, but it is somewhat akin to going apeshit that Cobbie Smulders was cast as Maria Hill (not quite, but it would be closer than saying she is a top 5 Hollywood actress)
Some of them are irrelevant right now with others having far less critical acclaim. They just have more sex appeal.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of them are irrelevant right now with others having far less critical acclaim. They just have more sex appeal.
They are all still pretty active, and would all get “lead actress” billing in a big budget movie unless they are doing a cameo. Would Dreyfus get above-title billing on a summer blockbuster?

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are all still pretty active, and would all get “lead actress” billing in a big budget movie unless they are doing a cameo. Would Dreyfus get above-title billing on a summer blockbuster?
That’s all negotiated with the studio and agents.

She’s won 11 Emmy’s across 3 different TV shows and was a main character on what some consider the best sitcom of all time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s all negotiated with the studio and agents.

She’s won 11 Emmy’s across 3 different TV shows and was a main character on what some consider the best sitcom of all time.
Right. I acknowledge she is a big name. But no way is she a top 5 female name in Hollywood. I named 9 earlier who are CLEARLY bigger names than her and could have continued if I wanted to.

Ultimately, we agree it is a nice get for the MCU. I just don’t agree that she will be a big deal in the movies. I am not familiar with the her character, so if you tell me she is a MAJOR Marvel baddie, than fine. I just don’t expect her to be the next Thanos (or anti-fury).

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, we agree it is a nice get for the MCU. I just don’t agree that she will be a big deal in the movies. I am not familiar with the her character, so if you tell me she is a MAJOR Marvel baddie, than fine. I just don’t expect her to be the next Thanos (or anti-fury).
I never stated she’d be a big deal in the movies. Just that she’s been one of biggest female names in (TV) acting for multiple decades. She’s a female comedy icon.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the episode, though...

Is there a specific costume we are expecting to see? I didn’t see anything particularly unique in a quick google search.

Don't think it'll be anything specific. At least not that I can think of right off the top of my head. I think it'll just be a pimped out CA suit loaded up with some Wakandan tech to help him out since he's not a super solider like Steve was. I suppose it could possibly be new Falcon gear, but I'm like 80% sure they're setting up Torres to be the new Falcon

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting debate. I'm not sure if she is A list, I'm not sure she isn't. She's one of the best female comedic actresses ever and a national treasure but I'm not sure.

Either way it was fun to see her show up and look like she was having fun chewing the scenery.

I bet the power broker is going to be Jason Alexander.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Val / Lady Hydra will play an Anti- Phil Coulson role bringing the Thunderbolts together like Phil did the Avengers.

She probably has a role in Black Widow for Natasha's replacement that should have been out a year ago.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think it'll be anything specific. At least not that I can think of right off the top of my head. I think it'll just be a pimped out CA suit loaded up with some Wakandan tech to help him out since he's not a super solider like Steve was. I suppose it could possibly be new Falcon gear, but I'm like 80% sure they're setting up Torres to be the new Falcon
The are definitely doing the Falcon thing you mentioned second. No question about that.

“You keep it”

As for the costume, they made a 2-episode arch building up the suspense about what it would look like. It has to be a fanboy payoff. I just don’t know what to expect. I haven’t found anything online that makes his CA costume incredibly unique, unless it will be all black with BLM written all over it instead of any reference to the Stars and Stripes.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Val / Lady Hydra will play an Anti- Phil Coulson role bringing the Thunderbolts together like Phil did the Avengers.

She probably has a role in Black Widow for Natasha's replacement that should have been out a year ago.

Not really spoilers but maybe so I'm tagging it since it involves a future movie

It's been heavily rumored she was suppose to have already debuted in the MCU since she's supposedly in the Black Widow movie. But because it got delayed like 3 times, F&WS is her first appearance.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we expecting any heroes to make a cameo and join the final battle?