• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The entire coaching staff has been canned

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
optimism at it's highest level @RobBase .

I commend you for attempting to see the brighter side of doom and gloom that this franchise is and has been for decades.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Whole D staff has been fired. Maybe we really do hire Wade Phillips and he hires his guys?

DL coach, Bo Davis, wasn't fired.

I highly doubt Patricia can lower his ego and give the reins to any DC to completely hires his guys.

This teams best chance to compete defensively against the likes of GB, Mn., Chico is to run a true 3-4 base that's aggressive like you see from Don Brown.

Patricia is too enamored with what Hoodie accomplishes with the Patriots and needs to become innovative, creative and step outside of his so-called comfort zone.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- We have money to spend in FA.

Currently sitting at 49M in cap space availability and that isn't going to go to far considering you've got 2M going for Practice squad, 6M in IR replacements and finally just short of 11.931M for draft money.

That leaves 29M outside of cuts or re-structures etc.

Detroit Lions Salary Cap | Over the Cap

• Team Cap Space: $49,646,290

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the assistant QB coach for the Dolphins I believe.

@Guns N Guitars says he would be great as the HC for the Cowboys so I am sure they will snatch him up before the mad rush ensues for his services.
The Cowboys hired the best coach available so Caldwell can stay with the Dolphins.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys hired the best coach available so Caldwell can stay with the Dolphins.

a lackluster hire, imo. Where's the innovation and creativity with how teams play now.

McCarthy has never been a coach who relies upon offensive rush. Matter of fact he's consistently been in bottom 3rd of league in rush attempts with his offense. How is he going to use Zeke after that monstrous contract ?

Has McCarthy suddenly changed his archaic style of offensive play calling since being ousted from the Packers ?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lackluster hire, imo. Where's the innovation and creativity with how teams play now.

McCarthy has never been a coach who relies upon offensive rush. Matter of fact he's consistently been in bottom 3rd of league in rush attempts with his offense. How is he going to use Zeke after that monstrous contract ?

Has McCarthy suddenly changed his archaic style of offensive play calling since being ousted from the Packers ?
McCarthy's record with the Packers ranks second only to Belichick's record with the Patriots. McCarthy runs the west coast offense which is very effective but the Packer's GM failed to bring in any talented players in his last three years in Green Bay.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions promote Hank Fraley to offensive line coach

To take Fraley’s place as assistant offensive line coach, the Lions promoted Billy Yates, who was previously serving as a coach on the team’s Minority Assistantship program. He also played eight seasons in the NFL as an offensive lineman, including five years with the Patriots.

BB_72: Whew. I was becoming worried that we'd lose out on another person with ties the Patriot's.

can't have enough of them.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions promote Hank Fraley to offensive line coach

To take Fraley’s place as assistant offensive line coach, the Lions promoted Billy Yates, who was previously serving as a coach on the team’s Minority Assistantship program. He also played eight seasons in the NFL as an offensive lineman, including five years with the Patriots.

BB_72: Whew. I was becoming worried that we'd lose out on another person with ties the Patriot's.

can't have enough of them.

Unless we hire the Pats DL coach as our DC.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI

According to Ralph Vacchiano of SNY.com, Matt Rhule intends to hire Lions quarterbacks coach Sean Ryan as his offensive coordinator.

I don’t even know who that is but okay.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI

According to Ralph Vacchiano of SNY.com, Matt Rhule intends to hire Lions quarterbacks coach Sean Ryan as his offensive coordinator.

I don’t even know who that is but okay.

Before coming to Detroit, he was Deshaun Watson's QB coach 2017-2018.