• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Draft 2018

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a good time to start this thread:

1. The Kansas City Chiefs don't own a first-round pick this year after trading up for Patrick Mahomes in last year's draft. With the team's first selection, it should be all about adding a weapon for Mahomes or fixing a secondary that's been awful outside of Marcus Peters this year.

Based on expected value in the second round and the talks I've had with scouting contacts in Kansas City, don't be surprised to see a wide receiver prioritized. Indiana's Simmie Cobbs Jr. would give Mahomes the sure-handed, big-bodied target the offense currently lacks.

Cobbs, who tore up Ohio State in Week 1 and had an overall solid season, has a chance to make a quick impact in the NFL as a post-up receiver. Teams looking for a poor man's Mike Evans should love him.

Strong believe the team should prioritize the defense, but if ever you're going to overload the offense, do it with your young QB I guess

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of players that would fit what the Chiefs are looking for in rd2. The elephant in the room is CB, though. I think that their 2nd round pick being a CB is even more obvious than their rd1 pick last year being a QB.

Donte Jackson CB LSU
Kevin Toliver CB LSU
Anthony Averett CB Alabama
Iman Marshall CB USC
Mike Hughes CB Central Florida

Those are the ones Walterfootball and I think they're all underclassmen maybe. CBS has some different names and this is all very fluid until the combine but I think there is a good chance one of these guys is a Chiefs next year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its worth pointing out that the Chiefs have already spent 2 of their picks.

1st (Mahomes)
2nd
3rd
4th
5th (Cameron Erving)
6th

My guess is that the opportunity cost of Mahomes is not being able to get a top pass rusher. Chiefs are probably going to have to figure out something with Houston, Kpass and either Dee Ford or a FA. I think we could be looking at something like:

1st (Mahomes)
2nd CB
3rd DL
4th TE
5th (Cameron Erving)
6th WR/ST

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stick to my previous post although maybe another LB or DL instead of TE

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stick to my previous post although maybe another LB or DL instead of TE

yeah, DEFINITELY someone else with a knack to pressure the QB. plus another quality receiver to go alongside Hill. the Eric Berry issue at the beginning of the season was also a huge deal imo and it ended up being a void that we couldn't properly fill...

gonna be an interesting off-season...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the 2018 draft is a bit more open with Fuller in the mix:

1st (Mahomes QB)
2nd
3rd
3rd
4th
5th (Cameron Erving OL)
6th

(Kendall Fuller CB)

I feel like the Chiefs are much closer to BPA now and not absolutely needing a CB with their 2nd rounder. I do think you'll see them draft a DB but maybe not with their first few picks. LB and Pass Rusher would be my first two guesses but I wouldn't rule out an offensive player especially with the idea to 'help out' Mahomes with some more talent.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dorance Armstrong is going to be very commonly mocked to the Chiefs. 3-4 OLB only with motor, bend and maybe a liability against the run. Lack of production and a plethora of pass rush prospects pushes him out of the top 50 for sure but I'm sure teams gameplanned around him.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the 2018 draft is a bit more open with Fuller in the mix:

1st (Mahomes QB)
2nd
3rd
3rd
4th
5th (Cameron Erving OL)
6th

(Kendall Fuller CB)

I feel like the Chiefs are much closer to BPA now and not absolutely needing a CB with their 2nd rounder. I do think you'll see them draft a DB but maybe not with their first few picks. LB and Pass Rusher would be my first two guesses but I wouldn't rule out an offensive player especially with the idea to 'help out' Mahomes with some more talent.

agree with this mostly but STILL think a wideout should be somewhere in the mix...

also might put some thought into a decent nose tackle...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with this mostly but STILL think a wideout should be somewhere in the mix...

also might put some thought into a decent nose tackle...
Now that we got a bonafide stud CB, WR is starting to creep back onto the radar or LG. I get really sick of seeing Witzman blow assignments when the rest of the OL makes its blocks in pass pro. At the very least, we need to put his butt on the hot seat; develop or be benched. Really can't overstate how much of a homerun the Chiefs hit with this trade.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we got a bonafide stud CB, WR is starting to creep back onto the radar or LG. I get really sick of seeing Witzman blow assignments when the rest of the OL makes its blocks in pass pro. At the very least, we need to put his butt on the hot seat; develop or be benched. Really can't overstate how much of a homerun the Chiefs hit with this trade.
Who you liking in this upcoming draft for the LG spot?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you liking in this upcoming draft for the LG spot?
I don't even know yet after the first round (which won't matter anyways to the Chiefs) to be perfectly honest . OL wasn't even on my radar for the Chiefs for a long time just because the situation on defense was so dire I felt it was a waste of time obsessing over one single spot on the OL or getting gluttonous at WR. Now? Lot more open to the idea. Even now, the Chiefs need to keep reloading the DL, Edge, and safeties primarily, imo.

I don't really see a FA signing ala Norwell on the OL as they already have significant money locked into LT, RG, and RT, and need to keep some around for Morse at C in my opinion so that makes 4. Just way too much money on the OL, even one of those guys falls below the mark and you look kind of dopey.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know yet after the first round (which won't matter anyways to the Chiefs) to be perfectly honest . OL wasn't even on my radar for the Chiefs for a long time just because the situation on defense was so dire I felt it was a waste of time obsessing over one single spot on the OL or getting gluttonous at WR. Now? Lot more open to the idea. Even now, the Chiefs need to keep reloading the DL, Edge, and safeties primarily, imo.

I don't really see a FA signing ala Norwell on the OL as the already have significant money locked into LT, RG, and RT, and need to keep some around for Morse at C in my opinion so that makes 4. Just way too much money on the OL, even one of those guys falls below the mark and you look kind of dopey.

oh, no doubt about Safety...

when Eric Berry went down that was the START of our defensive problems imo...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Chiefs have depth at Safety. I know the numbers dont back it up but I think they need NT and ILB a lot more. Sooo many 'chunk yard' RB runs the past 2 years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walterfootball has the Chiefs drafting:

2: DJ Chark WR LSU
3: Jerome Baker LB Ohio St
3: Rasheem Green DE USC

Chark is given a Chris Conley comparison by NFLdotcom.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking 6 pass rushers based on a couple of videos each:

Bradley Chubb - NC St. 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB. Balanced pass rusher with bend, agility with motor, sometimes a bit out of control. Top 10

Harold Landry - Boston College. 3-4 OLB due to size. Explosive. Great Bend. Sub par awareness. Rd1

Duke Ejiofor - Wake Forest long arms with good strength and penetration. Not particularly explosive so combine could move him up for down a lot. Probably best as a 4-3 DE. Rd2

Arden Key - LSU. Explosive, long arms and size, strong, should have balance issue with bend. Off the field issues, weight issues. Could be Aldon Smith, could be Kevin Dodd, issues with both comps being productive Rd2

Dorance Armstrong - Kansas 3-4 OLB only with motor, bend and maybe a liability against the run. Lack of production and a plethora of pass rush prospects pushes him out of the top 50 for sure but I'm sure teams gameplanned around him. Rd3

Marcell Frazier - Mizzou. Looks more like a rotation pass rusher than someone who should be pushing for a starting position on an NFL team. Struggles against the run. Maybe played through injury but nothing great showing up on film Rd4

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we draft a coach?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really see a FA signing ala Norwell on the OL as they already have significant money locked into LT, RG, and RT, and need to keep some around for Morse at C in my opinion so that makes 4. Just way too much money on the OL, even one of those guys falls below the mark and you look kind of dopey.

Some midround (2nd/3rd round) guys I would recommend checking out would be Isaiah Wynn of Georgia. Got to see him live at the Senior Bowl and the man destroyed anybody across from him. Braden Smith is another good name although I think he is more of a RG than LG. Colby Gossett of Appalachian State was impressive as well at the Senior Bowl and when you watch his tape. Wyatt Teller would be a perfect fit for the system you guys like to run. Taylor Hearn is more of a RG type player and fits more the true Gap Blocking System but a fun one to watch.