• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The dolphins....yay or nay this year

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st year OL coach, 1st year OCs. Talent is not the issue. Hopefully the issue of allowing all these free blitzes can get ironed out by the coaching staff.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When can i call Tua a bust?
If he plays poorly this year, not good for his future outlook.
If he cannot come back for most of the year, not good for his future outlook.
If he comes back in 4 weeks and shows continuous improvement, look at his body of work for the whole year.
If you're not a Dolphin fan? Have at it!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Tua injured, my concern remains the same.

I don't think Tua is "elite" in any category. He's good in several, and really good in some others, but he's not "great" at any one thing that you can really bank on and say he'll grow into that Franchise guy. I could be wrong, it's early, but I felt like that when he came out of college.

My 2nd oldest step-son is a Dolphins fan - and he's even starting to doubt it. I mean, you have to figure that with all the rumors about the Dolphins reaching out about other QB's - even if they didn't pull the trigger - there is enough concern within the organization to see that even they are having their doubts about whether or not he can be the guy.

And of course, my biggest worry was his ability to stay healthy. He really struggled with that in college - and as one Bengal analyst always says "The best ability is availability". Doesn't matter how good you are if you're constantly on the sidelines. I've seen enough of Tua on the sidelines in the past 3-4 seasons from NFL to college to wonder about that ability.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Tua is "elite" in any category. He's good in several, and really good in some others, but he's not "great" at any one thing that you can really bank on and say he'll grow into that Franchise guy. I could be wrong, it's early, but I felt like that when he came out of college.

My 2nd oldest step-son is a Dolphins fan - and he's even starting to doubt it. I mean, you have to figure that with all the rumors about the Dolphins reaching out about other QB's - even if they didn't pull the trigger - there is enough concern within the organization to see that even they are having their doubts about whether or not he can be the guy.

And of course, my biggest worry was his ability to stay healthy. He really struggled with that in college - and as one Bengal analyst always says "The best ability is availability". Doesn't matter how good you are if you're constantly on the sidelines. I've seen enough of Tua on the sidelines in the past 3-4 seasons from NFL to college to wonder about that ability.
Tua’s a guy that needs good personnel and coaching/playcalling to be successful, and he’d probably be very successful if he could get that. But he’s not a guy who can put a team on his back in adverse situations, and there may be chronic injury issues.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua’s a guy that needs good personnel and coaching/playcalling to be successful, and he’d probably be very successful if he could get that. But he’s not a guy who can put a team on his back in adverse situations, and there may be chronic injury issues.
So, he's basically Andy Dalton with injury issues.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Tua is destined to be the next Tannehill… once he gets out then he could be useful

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While everyone is focused on the offense, OL and QBs, the defense has allowed 154 points thru 5 weeks, third worst in the league (WFT, KC). The whole team is a tire fire right now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tua is destined to be the next Tannehill… once he gets out then he could be useful
I'm getting a Bradford vibe. Slighty better than Bradford but definitely the same career arc so far.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you get healthy after a 20 game losing streak?

Play the Dolphins.

Hahaha

Did we really need to ask this question at the start of the season?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Miami starts the season with NE, Buffalo, LV Indy, and Tampa Bay. You could start the season at 1-4. I'm sure you disagree but this is a reallistic possibility.
How will your rebuilding but much improved team respond?
So Miami is 1-5. What say you now about my prediction @FlyerFinFan @FanofPelicans ?????

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this just like dunking on a 5'2, 95 pound weakling at this point?
Animated GIF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I knew Tua wasn't the guy but damn. Defense was a one hit wonder and now they probably have to put their entire deck into possibly getting Watson when the time is right.