• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The dolphins....yay or nay this year

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joaquin Phoenix Thumbs Down GIF

The offense just isnt going to get them there unless Tua really balls out. Not bringing in a solid RB this offseason and hoping that a bunch of bodies like Brieda and Brown can run behind a sub-par OL was a huge mistake.

If you want to play ball control offense and lean on a good defense, you need a bell cow.

One of the best moves, and subsequently one of the worst misses, of this draft was watching Denver leap in front of Miami for Williams. Miami needed to assure that they got him IMO if they really wanted to compete this year. He is EXACTLY what they needed.

You put Denver in the ACFE and Miami in the AFCW and then start placing teams that are and arent going to make the playoffs give you a more accurate representation of where Miami really stands right now.
What about Gaskin? I'm more of you can find very good to serviceable RBs later in the draft. Especially look at the investment verse the durability and longevity piece. A very good OL is harder to find and potentially gives you a longer career? Not saying OL adresses every teams need. But if we're talking strictly play makers when was the last time a team rode their star RB to the SB?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why Paolo hates Tua this much. He's a good kid and has promise. Even when he played very well it didn't matter to him. If he ends up being a very good game manager he can have success as they are building a solid D with enough depth around him to succeed. Either way no reason to hate the man. I see the team coming together quicker than I thought but it still may take another year or so to gel. Either way the playoff hunt last year helped them gain experience and being in the race this year would taken them a step closer. I see no reason why they can't take that next step with the added talent and another year under their belts. That goes for the coaching staff too. Will be a fun ride. I just hope that Paolo doesn't take a shit on Tua's lawn...
Paola is a mess. I have many times seen him miserable when he predicts a loss and the fins win. He is an extremely negative person and always the smartest guy in the room. I hate to tell you, when I feel the need to pick on a fin fan, Paola is my go to - not you. Maybe you should shit on Tuas lawn?

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paola is an idiot. I stopped with these boards in the Heat thread for years because of him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paola is an idiot. I stopped with these boards in the Heat thread for years because of him.
You can't possibly imagine how much I enjoy paolo tearing up his team, the players and coaching staff.
Patriots and Dolphins are division rivals. Paolo does it all for me!!!!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't possibly imagine how much I enjoy paolo tearing up his team, the players and coaching staff.
Lol

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad that he entertains you. He is a passionate fan but sometimes a little off base so to say. Not sure why he has such hatred towards Tua....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably rank the AFC right now:

1. KC
2. Baltimore
3. Cleveland
4. Buffalo
5. NE
6. Pitt
7. Tennessee
8. Vegas
9. Miami
10. Chargers
11. Cinci
12. Denver
13. Indy
14. Jax
15. Jets
16. Houston

So the one team I see leaving the playoffs is Indy. They lost their LT and Rivers and I don't like Wentz with their WRs. I feel like we've seen Indy without good QB play before so I'm okay moving them down even though they are talented.

The team most likely to move up imo is New England. That is a roster that has had plenty of additions and if they get any improvement out of Cam or Mac Jones then they're an easy pick for the playoffs.

I'm sure having Vegas over Miami might seem controversial but Vegas had its stockpile of good draft picks and as a team they're supposed to be peaking now. Its easy to laugh at Mayock but there is a lot of players on both sides of the ball on that team that could get better and make them a playoff contender and Carr is more of a proven commodity the past couple of seasons than Tua.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. KC
2. Baltimore
3. Cleveland
4. Buffalo
5. NE
6. Pitt
7. Tennessee
8. Vegas
9. Miami
10. Chargers
11. Cinci
12. Denver
13. Indy
14. Jax
15. Jets
16. Houston

The team most likely to move up imo is New England. That is a roster that has had plenty of additions and if they get any improvement out of Cam or Mac Jones then they're an easy pick for the playoffs.

I am sure Pats fans will appreciate your enthusiasm for their team. I think time will prove you wrong though. Newton was treated more like a fullback than a QB with their play calls. He doesn't have the accuracy to be elite. I respect his efforts and toughness but he won't lead a dramatic increase in wins. RE Mac Jones: playing NFL defenses will be a lot different than playing at Bama where he enjoyed mismatches at nearly every position. I think that you are underestimating some of the other teams on your list.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to say someone is wrong. It's hard to make an accurate list.

Just looking at every Super Bowl loser list makes my KC pick look suspect. I could go down the line.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. KC KC
2. Baltimore Buffalo
3. Cleveland Cleveland
4. Buffalo Baltimore
5. NE Chargers
6. Pitt Indy
7. Tennessee Pats
8. Vegas Titans
9. Miami Miami
10. Chargers Pitt
11. Cinci Vegas
12. Denver Jets
13. Indy Broncos
14. Jax Jags
15. Jets Bengals
16. Houston Houston

So the one team I see leaving the playoffs is Indy. They lost their LT and Rivers and I don't like Wentz with their WRs. I feel like we've seen Indy without good QB play before so I'm okay moving them down even though they are talented.

I'm sure having Vegas over Miami might seem controversial but Vegas had its stockpile of good draft picks and as a team they're supposed to be peaking now. Its easy to laugh at Mayock but there is a lot of players on both sides of the ball on that team that could get better and make them a playoff contender and Carr is more of a proven commodity the past couple of seasons than Tua.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFO with this site

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. KC - gotta be favs and improved OL
2. BAL - still a very dangerous team. Gotta see them take the next step now since Lamar got his first playoff win
3. CLE - can’t put them ahead of BAL until they beat them. Built up their D and they might have guy who can “contain” Lamar somewhat now.
4. BUF - did they overachieve? Maybe but still a solid team overall.
5. NE - They made a lot of solid moves but their future will depens on Mac. Newton even with his poor QB play can still lead this team to victories, maybe even Mac.
6. TEN - did they do enough to improve the defense? We will see. I still like them more than PIT
7. LAC - they had a lot of injuries, if healthy they have a very, young talented team. Rhey rebuilt their OL and if Herbert is the real deal this team is dangerous.
8. PIT - I take them over Miami bc of QB play but they didn’t do a whole lot to improve their OL. Could be a tough season.
9. Miami - did they overachieve? Definitely a possibility, could be higher but I don’t trust Tua to this point. They did improve in the offseason so this is a WC type of team. Could contend for the division and it wouldn’t shock me one bit
10. LV - I’m just not sure about this team. Their defense was bad and a very inconsistent team.
11. Indy - I think they take a step back but still a solid team. Like other teams it will depend on QB play significantly. Not buying it
12. Cincy - Burrow needs to stay healthy. They didn’t do a lot to improve their OL. Not taking Sewell was a bad move imo.
13. Denver - QB play is limiting this team. Could slide them to the #11 spot easily
14. Jax - Rookie QB, they will struggle
15. NYJ - see Jax
16. HOU - they will be awful without Watson. Maybe win 2 games if they are lucky

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just looking at every Super Bowl loser list makes my KC pick look suspect. I could go down the line.

I think your list is solid. I think my Pats could move up, but I certainly wouldn't pick them to because the offense still has holes.

But the Pats defense could be really good. Barmore could really solidify the interior of that line and they are deep at LB and the backfield.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Reich
Best Oline in football ?
Top 5-7 defense
A RB that may be amongst the best this season

think you guys are really selling the Colts short

Between Oline protection and Reichs ability to limit Wentz’ bonehead mistakes, think they will again be in that 10-12 win range

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll never trust Vegas

Gruden still coaches like it’s 2005 with his 3 yards and a cloud of dust approach, (why they signed Drake) and that defense should still rank amongst the very worst in football

and whatever your opinion of Aghoular, he was a beast for them last season and a big loss

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Overall you have made many good
picks.
it's never perfect.

That said, I agree with the other poster. The Colts should be higher on the list.

The Fins got some key additions. They will be a formidable team also.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's never perfect.

That said, I agree with the other poster. The Colts should be higher on the list.

The Fins got some key additions. They will be a formidable team also.
The Colts regressing is kinda my hot take. They're way higher on a lot of lists. With good QB play they are a contender. Wentz was the worst QB in football last year, though. Led the league in Interceptions and Sacks. 6.0 YPA. Only 16 Tds. Absolute garbage on all 4 passing metrics that really matter.

Much of the AFC is about QB play because there are so many potentially good QBs. I put Cleveland third because they improved their defense this year in the offseason and they had a lot of bad COVID luck at the end of last season and quite frankly unlucky in the playoff game against the Chiefs. But...if Baker Mayfield doesn't show up, they could slide all the way down towards the bottom of the AFC.

2021 is the Ravens, Browns, and Bills year, though. Once those rookie QB deals go away, the league will flatten out a bit. The Chiefs seem safer than those other three teams but they might run into the same issues that the Seahawks and Rams might run into - depth.

I also think having Buffalo only 4th is a bit of a hot take but teams talk about 'blueprints against KC' and 'blueprints against Baltimore' and I think Josh Allen and Buffalo are now on everyone's radar, too. Baltimore brought in some receivers who can contribute right away, I think. Buffalo's trench issues might still be there next year because they draft high upside projects (which is great until you just need someone right now)

I do think Miami is a force long-term. I just don't know what year they'll hit the playoffs but they're coming.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins fans have seen glimpses of what Tua can become. Perhaps the new playmakers along with guys already on the roster can help him take it to the next level this upcoming season.

You know the Fins defense is for real and they added talent this offseason.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad that he entertains you. He is a passionate fan but sometimes a little off base so to say. Not sure why he has such hatred towards Tua....
So Miami starts the season with NE, Buffalo, LV Indy, and Tampa Bay. You could start the season at 1-4. I'm sure you disagree but this is a reallistic possibility.
How will you rebuilding but much improved team respond?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Miami starts the season with NE, Buffalo, LV Indy, and Tampa Bay. You could start the season at 1-4. I'm sure you disagree but this is a reallistic possibility.
How will you rebuilding but much improved team respond?

Let's use a Belichick and Flores approach and take it one game at a time. Winning coaches don't have a what if we lose multiple games mindset.