• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Diehard Breakdown: WVU 77 Wofford 44

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No change in the game plan here tonight for the Mountaineers. From the tip off to the final buzzer, PRESSURE and more PRESSURE. The relentlessness of the WV defense clearly rattled the Terriers as WV rolled out to a 18-2 lead and never looked back in route to a 77-44 victory. Again, Huggins goes deep into the bench to wear down the opponent and it seemed to work perfectly. Wofford never really got a chance to run a good half court offense while committing 21 turnovers and shooting a poultry 27% from the field.

WV was led in scoring by Jawan Staten's 17 points and 10 rebounds. Holton and Macon chip in with 11 apiece while Carter scores 10 points. The Mountaineers shoot 49% from the field and log 12 steals while winning the battle of the glass 37-27. Wv scores 27 points off turnovers tonight and hits 19-23 FT's.

In conclusion, a pretty impressive victory as WV imposed its will against the opponent and dominated throughout to push the record to 11-1. The opponents will start getting more competitive now so rubber will soon hit the road. We are going to found out more about this team in the next 5 games and we will see how well they handle adversity. I am still concerned about scoring in the half court set because it forces you to get 20 Turnovers a game in order to get the extra shots necessary to win. Some of these Big 12 teams, you are not going to get them to turn it over 20 times and that will be tough on this club. Nonetheless, a win is a win and if you can get by VT and Buzz" I will dance on your logo" Williams ( I had not forgot about that) then we can get 12 wins headed into a 18 game conference schedule. 9-9 there and you have a 21 win season and you should be headed to the show. Have a great day Mountaineer Fans and may god bestow all of his blessings upon you and your family this Christmas season wherever your Country Road has taken you!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wofford made 11 FG's tonight. 11…

WVU had more steals in the game… 12… than FG's made by Wofford.

That blows my mind…

Dominating win over a team of upperclassmen who made the dance last year and are favored to make it back again this year.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were a top 50 RPI team. Way to dominate.

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly expected a semi-competitive game that WVU would eventually pull away in the second half.

I love being wrong!