• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The day the music died.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is the theme of a fairly famous song named after an actual event. But I think it's also a day that cant be too far in the future. I mean has there ever been a worse time in music history?

Theres a country music singer rapping along with the most derivatively named "rapper" of all time in what would be the worst mash up style of music I had ever heard of... if I hadn't just seen a thread here on "Hick Hop" music just recently. In the world of actual rap we have a facially tattooed and Golden grilled rapper who sings about sunflowers, and a gangster rapper with a my little pony fetish. And then to top it all off somebody took an annoying drunk bitchy white girl's drunken ramblings and made a song out of it. But this time instead of doing it ironically like "Let me take a selfie" this time I dont think they realized how annoying drunk girls are when they say "You need to just stop", "You need to calm down", and especially "Cant we just not."

I flip onto the top 40 channel once or twice a week or so, try to keep up with new stuff. But I dont think I can do it anymore. I'm afraid the next pop song is just gonna be some drunk 20 something saying "It's fine." For like 3 minutes with a drum machine in the background.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is the theme of a fairly famous song named after an actual event. But I think it's also a day that cant be too far in the future. I mean has there ever been a worse time in music history?

Theres a country music singer rapping along with the most derivatively named "rapper" of all time in what would be the worst mash up style of music I had ever heard of... if I hadn't just seen a thread here on "Hick Hop" music just recently. In the world of actual rap we have a facially tattooed and Golden grilled rapper who sings about sunflowers, and a gangster rapper with a my little pony fetish. And then to top it all off somebody took an annoying drunk bitchy white girl's drunken ramblings and made a song out of it. But this time instead of doing it ironically like "Let me take a selfie" this time I dont think they realized how annoying drunk girls are when they say "You need to just stop", "You need to calm down", and especially "Cant we just not."

I flip onto the top 40 channel once or twice a week or so, try to keep up with new stuff. But I dont think I can do it anymore. I'm afraid the next pop song is just gonna be some drunk 20 something saying "It's fine." For like 3 minutes with a drum machine in the background.
What did you think would happen when they abandoned real instruments and skill, for the trial and error, one time programming Of digitally tuned music and vocals. That said there is some good Music coming out, even in this Style of “anyone gets to be the star” digital shit. Its Just harder to find.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[Verse 1]
Man it's easy for these rappers who have it all
Talk about the days when they used to be sad
I guess I can't relate to bein' famous and wealthy
I'm 28 and still prayin' for the day I have a chance
Maybe y'all can help me out though, I'm just tryna take care of my household
I don't even wanna make my mouth gold
I just wanna win before the system that I'm in gets a hold of me again
And starts to squeeze under my chin until I'm out cold
Dear rappers can you help me
I'll even take a selfie with your album that I bought
I got every single CD that you ever fuckin' dropped
I spent everything I had, and I never have a lot, oh my god, what a mess
Your words help me deal with the stress
Used to contemplate my suicide the nights I was depressed
Used to pop you in a boom-box and sit up on my desk
Listen to your music 'til I felt it in my chest, but
These days it's like you don't have nothin' left
Your music feels kinda like you're tryna write a check
Everything is digital, I mean no disrespect
But I'm payin' even more, and you give me even less, what the fuck?
You taught me to think, you taught me to grow
You taught me the things to survive on my own
But now you teach me to drink, you teach me to smoke
You teach me to think, "every woman's a ho"

[Chorus]
I don't want your Xanax bars
Or your fancy foreign cars
Throw your money in my face
And try to tell me that it's art
No-no-no, no, no
No-no-no, no, no (yo)
Just a drug addict on TV

[Verse 2]
I can't hear another fuckin' song about abusin' medication
That I had to take just to stay alive
There's more important shit than what you wear and where you live
And who you fuck and what you drink and what you spend and what you drive
Rappers full of bullshit
Rappers just a marketing vehicle for the product that the man wants you to buy
Rap about a full clip
Rappers just promotin' different liquors and varieties of ways that you could die, yeah
Dear rappers, can you help me?
Are you almost out of alcohol to sell me? Tell me
'Cause drinkin' every night can't be the way to gettin' wealthy
If I'm really bein' honest all this shit is overwhelmin'
I need someone to look up to
You're livin' in a country that elected Donald Trump
You're livin' in a country where police are killin' people every day
And all you wanna talk about is doin' drugs
You've been blinded by the money, you've been blinded by the cars
You've been blinded by the women, don't know who the fuck you are
Thought I knew you when I spent a hundred dollars on a ticket to your show
And now I feel like you stole my fuckin' money and I'm broke
Man, you taught us how to rap, and you taught us how to dress
And you taught us how to act if we wanted to impress
Now you're teachin' me to live like I know you never would
What you're preachin' to these kids is keepin' them inside the hood

[Chorus]
No-no-no, no, no
No-no-no, no, no
Just a drug addict on TV

[Outro]
No-no-no, no, no
No-no-no, no, no
Just a drug addict on TV, yeah

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[Intro]
Hehehe, ahh
My generation's afraid of opinions, y'all so intolerant (Y'all so intolerant)
They're ashamed of themselves 'cause they're privileged and white or they're black and they're opposite (Black and they're opposite)
You get charged for harassment for huggin' a woman and givin' a compliment (Givin' a compliment)
Y'all way too sensitive, yet, offended to death, bring all the coffins in

[Verse 1]
I swear that y'all are mad at everything that don't affect your life, hey
I swear that y'all believe that bein' offended just means that you're right, hey
Swear that y'all just want to be the only ones who everyone likes, hey
I swear if I swear at you ninnies you probably so triggered you'd cry
And nobody wants to be real, everyone's scared of how everyone feels
We've become so ultra-sensitive and hyper-tolerant that honestly honesty gon' be illegal
It's crazy y'all get so shocked and bothered from people sayin' things that aren't responsible
If that seems logical, y'all are weak then, if someone says retard it ruins your weekend
And that's retarded, my hair been in braids 'cause it looks hella awesome
Y'all like to scream I appropriate culture but I don't hear nothin', I'm payin' homage
Y'all are just tryin' to get likes on your comments, Googlin' quotes that are socially conscious
And sayin' you're woke doesn't make you a prophet, it makes you a liar and stupid obnoxious

[Chorus]
Always on that blah-blah, y'all should keep it to yourselves (Yeah, yeah, yeah)
Miss me with that drama, you must think I'm someone else
'Cause y'all don't wanna fuck with me
'Cause I don't feel the pressure, no I will not be censored
I'm not afraid that's why they fuck with me
My name will be remembered, and I will live forever
I bet y'all hate that y'all are stuck with me

[Verse 2]
Happy Halloween - for one evenin' only you wear what you want (What you want)
Unless it's a poncho, a headdress or afro, you'll piss someone off, hey
I say Merry Christmas, but I know that it's 'bout to be gone
If religious freedom's such a dire issue, why you dressed like a priest in October for fun
Don't let 'em censor your thoughts, don't let 'em make you regret that you talked
Don't let 'em tell you that nice is the law, tryna make you all right here when nothin' is wrong, yeah
Words hurt you, clothes hurt you, memes hurt you, jokes hurt you, we hurt you
Half the time you don't even probably know what hurt you, but you super mad, trust we heard you
You a pawn in a broken system, are you triggered much? You been showin' symptoms
Y'all are so addicted to bein' hopeless victims y'all could crash a plane and blame the road conditions
And your only sickness is your social vision, makes you scared of choices but you're pro-decision
So you march a lot but never go the distance, yellin' way too loud until no one listens

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
You look like the devil, you sound like some Christians
You just won a medal for askin' permission
You just want a pat on the back in addition
To bein' so tolerant, fine I admit it
You're nicer, you're better, you're righter, you're brilliant
Most sensitive creatures in all of existence
My freedom of thought should be censored with prison
The world would be better if we weren't so different, huh

[Chorus]

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the main issue you're experiencing is with commercial radio in the present day.

I never thought I'd be the old guy complaining about music as I've always been a music snob. Not preachy or anything, I just found my own way around music. I got a wide spectrum of musical interest. But yeah...I have to agree with you, a great majority of the commercially "successful" songs lately seem to be quite devoid of:
1. Talent
2. Innovation
3. Soul

Listen to the "alternative" rock or college rock station more often. You are going to hear a majority of new music...granted there is going to be some stuff that just doesn't fit into your scope. Most of those stations will play everything from Americana Folk Rock like Wilco to bleep-bloop techno driven shit like Spank Rock. You're going to hear new music from many artists who are just that...artists. Not some plastic somebody who is just singing other peoples songs with autotune.

There will never be another Beatles or Harry Nilsson or Buddy Holly etc.

Fucking even Prince is gone... :L

Check out Ween, one of my favorite groups. They have at least one song you will like...I guarantee it.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the main issue you're experiencing is with commercial radio in the present day.

I never thought I'd be the old guy complaining about music as I've always been a music snob. Not preachy or anything, I just found my own way around music. I got a wide spectrum of musical interest. But yeah...I have to agree with you, a great majority of the commercially "successful" songs lately seem to be quite devoid of:
1. Talent
2. Innovation
3. Soul

Listen to the "alternative" rock or college rock station more often. You are going to hear a majority of new music...granted there is going to be some stuff that just doesn't fit into your scope. Most of those stations will play everything from Americana Folk Rock like Wilco to bleep-bloop techno driven shit like Spank Rock. You're going to hear new music from many artists who are just that...artists. Not some plastic somebody who is just singing other peoples songs with autotune.

There will never be another Beatles or Harry Nilsson or Buddy Holly etc.

Fucking even Prince is gone... :L

Check out Ween, one of my favorite groups. They have at least one song you will like...I guarantee it.
Like a Japanese cowboy
Or a brother on skates

Like a blizzard in Georgia
Or a train runnin late

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commercial music has always sucked.

I have stated this several times on here, but music has never been better. More accessible in price, variety and range. Bands that you would have never ever heard are easy to find through wormholing. Copying and trading music has never been simpler, allowing my collection to grow exponentially.

It's easier to follow, easier to inform yourself, easier to purchase, spread and share.

Turn off the radio. It's always been shit.