• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Curse is Broken!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought an Exum shirt and started to wear it every time the Jazz played (washed it, of course). We went on a long losing streak. Whenever I wore my Stockton shirt, we won - against San Antonio and Miami. After wearing the Stockton shirt and meaning to wash the Exum shirt, I accidentally washed the Stockton shirt only. So, I wore that again, voila, beat Orlando, 2 game winning streak!

My wife asked me why I wouldn't just stop wearing the shirt if it was bad luck? Why wouldn't I just wear the Stockton one? I live where it snows, so it's not like she sees the shirt every day. It's just a shirt under a sweatshirt outside.

But she doesn't understand, when there's a curse, you have to outlive it. I had to wear it until we won with it on. I know there's no combination that will win every game... I'm pretty sure. ;) Now, I can't guarantee that we'll win whenever I wear it or that we'll win again with it, as I don't plan on wearing it every game night again, but we are no longer bound to lose when I do. The curse is over.

What are your superstitions? Pre-game rituals? Since there are too many basketball games to follow a ritual, how about football or any sport playoffs?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought an Exum shirt and started to wear it every time the Jazz played (washed it, of course). We went on a long losing streak. Whenever I wore my Stockton shirt, we won - against San Antonio and Miami. After wearing the Stockton shirt and meaning to wash the Exum shirt, I accidentally washed the Stockton shirt only. So, I wore that again, voila, beat Orlando, 2 game winning streak!

My wife asked me why I wouldn't just stop wearing the shirt if it was bad luck? Why wouldn't I just wear the Stockton one? I live where it snows, so it's not like she sees the shirt every day. It's just a shirt under a sweatshirt outside.

But she doesn't understand, when there's a curse, you have to outlive it. I had to wear it until we won with it on. I know there's no combination that will win every game... I'm pretty sure. ;) Now, I can't guarantee that we'll win whenever I wear it or that we'll win again with it, as I don't plan on wearing it every game night again, but we are no longer bound to lose when I do. The curse is over.

What are your superstitions? Pre-game rituals? Since there are too many basketball games to follow a ritual, how about football or any sport playoffs?

Wish I could have finally seen a win this year.

It would have made me bump a certain special thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beer or other liquor at home, during big games.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why'd you wash it?

Because I knew it would be a while. If I don't wash it now, my wife won't let me wear it. Just kidding, I wesr what I want! You're not my mother!!! ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I knew it would be a while. If I don't wash it now, my wife won't let me wear it. Just kidding, I wesr what I want! You're not my mother!!! ;)

I see a fight if you accidentally sarcastically called your wife "mother".

I'm not sure whether a fight or laughter or pride (at you being a dad) would happen if your wife called you "dad" or "father".

I guess it depends on tone. In the first case, sarcasm is the most likely tone.

In the 2nd case, there can be a variety of plausible tones, hence the unpredictability, to me.

Even if sarcasm was the tone in the 2nd case, I'm not sure if you'd want to proceed with the argument. Might not be worth the energy.

In the first case, pride (at her being a mom) could be the tone too. I see laughter as the least likely outcome.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the other hand, your dog might like you even more, the longer it remains unwashed. Those smells could be even more attractive.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, your dog might like you even more, the longer it remains unwashed. Those smells could be even more attractive.

Not my goal/priority. ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my goal/priority. ;)

My friend once said that dogs "go for the smelly stuff first".

Afterward, I found it accurate. They usually seem to sniff for smelly stuff.