• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Coaching Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm explaining my post rating.

I don't want Thibbadeau advising Snyder. He's a bad offensive coach, and Snyder looks like he's gotten the defense ok without Thibbadeau.

Budenholzer, Sloan, Popovich, Kidd, Paul Silas, Doug Collins, and Kyle Whittingham are acceptable advisors to Snyder.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad...

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this breaking news on Yahoo.

That was fast, I didn't know it was so severe.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah has the fourth-youngest roster in the league, prompting coach Quin Snyder to laugh when he was asked if the Cavaliers provide a measuring stick. "We're too young to even have a measuring stick," he said. "We're still in the phase where you measure yourself against a wall in your house, then mark it."

-----------------------------

Of course, Hayward said that this game showed that the Jazz could play with anybody and that being right in it was a good sign for them. We were up by 11 points in the fourth quarter and we lost. I'm all for optimism, but I hope that wasn't the only thing he said. We beat the Cavaliers last year. Of course, that was before they became a better team. On any given night, any team can beat any team and if they do, they deserve it. And if they don't win, when they had a double-digit lead in the fourth quarter, regardless of who the other team is, they should be a bit upset. I'm assuming he was, it was just one quote. What people say in public and what they feel are different things. There were aspects of the game to be proud of and others to not. I'm assuming he puts weight on both.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popovich hates three-pointers but he knows it's important so he uses them. I'm not quite sure whether he dislikes the 24 second shot clock because it should be longer or because he thinks there shouldn't be a shot clock. I think it is the latter because he's saying if there were no shot clock their bigs would have advantage. Does that mean that the bigs could just pressure everybody away from taking a (good) shot? But with the shot clock, it forces people to take threes and sometimes they make them.

I could see his thoughts going hand-in-hand. If there is no shot clock and no incentive to take deeper shots, as in no three-point shot, then the bigs could force people farther away from the basket. Now with the three point shot being there, people are lined up to shoot deep because they have the reward of an extra point. Not sure why doing it Pop's way would make basketball any better. I like that it spreads the defense and minimizes the effect bigs have.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popovich hates three-pointers but he knows it's important so he uses them. I'm not quite sure whether he dislikes the 24 second shot clock because it should be longer or because he thinks there shouldn't be a shot clock. I think it is the latter because he's saying if there were no shot clock their bigs would have advantage. Does that mean that the bigs could just pressure everybody away from taking a (good) shot? But with the shot clock, it forces people to take threes and sometimes they make them.

I could see his thoughts going hand-in-hand. If there is no shot clock and no incentive to take deeper shots, as in no three-point shot, then the bigs could force people farther away from the basket. Now with the three point shot being there, people are lined up to shoot deep because they have the reward of an extra point. Not sure why doing it Pop's way would make basketball any better. I like that it spreads the defense and minimizes the effect bigs have.
Thanks.

He also said he didn't like 3's during the 2014 Finals, as his team set a record for most 3's (either taken or made, I forgot which). He just has to play that way based on his current team now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has an 183-190 record as head coach. He needs to go 45-37 to have a winning percentage (228-227). Will he do it?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has an 183-190 record as head coach. He needs to go 45-37 to have a winning percentage (228-227). Will he do it?
I didn't realize he had coached for 5 years. I thought he was out in Milwaukee after 2 or 3 years.

I did think Milwaukee was going to beat Toronto in 2017. They lost in 6, after winning game 1.

Then again, Toronto had streak of losing 9 game 1s in a row, with most of those at home.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“You might say the Clippers never win with me, but you‘re forgetting about the excuses, context, rationalizations, and silver-linings, especially in teams that had no business in winning partly because of my coaching them to the eighth seed. Without me, they’d be a play-in team.”