• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Coaching Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, Jazz do not get Jackson. That would be a slap in the face to Stockton. I don't think he would be the best option anyway.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, Jazz do not get Jackson. That would be a slap in the face to Stockton. I don't think he would be the best option anyway.

Stockton is slapping his own face by not coaching.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as it's not Byride-on Scoattails. I mean, Byron Scott.

As long as it's not Use-My-Daughter and Move Farther Away from Eye Treatment Fisher - BTW, he got kicked out as NBAPA president and it wasn't for being too conciliatory.

As long as it's not Karl Malone. I'm sorry, Mailman.

As long as it's not me.

As long as it's not Tyron Corbin.

As long as it's not Greg Ostertag.

As long as it's not Alvin Gentry.

As long as it's not Walt Disney (unfrozen).

I'll accept John Stockton, Jerry Sloan, Gregg Popovich, Jeff Hornacek, Nuraman, or Hubie Brown kept on life support.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as it's not Karl Malone. I'm sorry, Mailman.

You wouldn't want Malone at all?

Burke already said how much Mailman has helped him.

Mailman has praised him too.

Malone has also praised Burke, you know.

+++++++++++++++++

Dime Magazine (dimemag.com) : Daily NBA News, NBA Trades, NBA Rumors, Basketball Videos, Sneakers » Blog Archive Trey Burke Plans To Work With Karl Malone In Utah

“Karl Malone is an all-time great,” said Burke. “He can teach me a lot, especially reading the bigs, setting the screen. Reading a big that’s guarding the screen, the screener.”

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't want Malone at all?

Burke already said how much Mailman has helped him.

Mailman has praised him too.

Malone has also praised Burke, you know.

+++++++++++++++++

Dime Magazine (dimemag.com) : Daily NBA News, NBA Trades, NBA Rumors, Basketball Videos, Sneakers » Blog Archive Trey Burke Plans To Work With Karl Malone In Utah

“Karl Malone is an all-time great,” said Burke. “He can teach me a lot, especially reading the bigs, setting the screen. Reading a big that’s guarding the screen, the screener.”

I am talking about head coach. No, I do not want him as head coach, at all. Having said that, he is not first on the list of dreaded coaches. There are some coaches that I would rather have Karl Malone over. Unfortunately, some of those coaches are possibilities.

I don't have the whole list, as I have not gone through so thoroughly through it, but heading that list is Byron Scott, Mark Jackson, Derek Fisher, and Alvin Gentry. When Phoenix was winning a little bit and they fired Gentry, I felt bad for him, but I don't want him as head coach of the Jazz. I am not sure of the timeline there, but if his firing led to them stealing Hornacek from us, I dislike the fire even more. If they hire Mark Jackson, I am not going to be supporting the Jazz as long as he is coach (at least money-wise). My uncle did so (financially speaking) when they got Sloan to resign.

Just hire John Stockton and everything will be okay. Even if we end up losing every year, everything will be okay. For the record, I don't think would be losing every year. I hear he has a 12-year-old and daughter and high school. In his autobiography, he said that he was not wanting to leave his family. He also said that he had to accept being a person with fame and that it was time for him to get doing something else. He wanted some challenge. Head coach sounds like a great challenge. Also, I think his 12-year-old and daughter could go to the Catholic high school here (Judge Memorial has a good basketball record) in Salt Lake. Stockton is Catholic.

I do see a big part of his talk about family was being home. Being a coach would require a lot of road trips. Half of the games are at home, so that is positive, but he knows the strain of the basketball season. It's not like he can veg out at home when they have their home stands. Heck, even in the off-season, he was working hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking about head coach. No, I do not want him as head coach, at all. Having said that, he is not first on the list of dreaded coaches. There are some coaches that I would rather have Karl Malone over. Unfortunately, some of those coaches are possibilities.

What would concern you about hiring Malone as a head coach?

If they hire Mark Jackson, I am not going to be supporting the Jazz as long as he is coach (at least money-wise). My uncle did so (financially speaking) when they got Sloan to resign.

Do you mean your Uncle did support the Jazz financially after Sloan resigned, or he did not?

Just hire John Stockton and everything will be okay. Even if we end up losing every year, everything will be okay. For the record, I don't think would be losing every year. I hear he has a 12-year-old and daughter and high school. In his autobiography, he said that he was not wanting to leave his family. He also said that he had to accept being a person with fame and that it was time for him to get doing something else. He wanted some challenge. Head coach sounds like a great challenge. Also, I think his 12-year-old and daughter could go to the Catholic high school here (Judge Memorial has a good basketball record) in Salt Lake. Stockton is Catholic.

I do see a big part of his talk about family was being home. Being a coach would require a lot of road trips. Half of the games are at home, so that is positive, but he knows the strain of the basketball season. It's not like he can veg out at home when they have their home stands. Heck, even in the off-season, he was working hard.
Thanks.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would concern you about hiring Malone as a head coach?

Do you mean your Uncle did support the Jazz financially after Sloan resigned, or he did not?

Thanks.

A lot.

Did not. Will not.

You're welcome. ;)

Will come back to give real (longer) answers. Gotta run.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's gone to a game since.

Oh ok. I was trying to remember who else went to games with you this year, other than your wife and kids. It must have been your dad.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's it.

I'm tired of you firing torpedoes at Malone's coaching ability. ;)

This below is how a good coach would guide all five players on the floor. He relates to everyone, even the weakside (Ostertag) players.

And he knows which opposing teams and players to exploit the pick and roll against, even more fervently.

grimm010, do you support me on this one?

MALONE MALONE MALONE.

[youtube]US-h15qVBCc[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Malone, I think he would be a great positional coach, as he is now. He can attend every practice if he wanted to. I just think as a head coach, it would not be the smartest move, as long as you have another person for the job. I'm assuming that you could have the better coach and Malone. It is not an either/or.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bits from Dennis Lindsey Interview, 5/29 | jazzfanatical

Lindsey avoids the question on experience mattering and having a good reason for the wait if we choose a HC after the draft. Maybe Stockton is the good reason we are waiting but being respectful not to push.

Or we could just be waiting to steal a coach from the Spurs, Heat, or Thunder (Boylen).