• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Challenge

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, that a ton of dough but that is what happens when you are in everyone of them I guess.

Remember too that's spread over what, something like 10 years or so?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to see that Dave Mirra killed himself.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bananas won Battle of the Exes with Camilla. Jenna was in the finals of Battle of the Exes 2, but was disqualified when her pussyass partner wouldn't drink some gross shit.

To be fair, they were already in dead last by a wiiiiiide margin because Jenna sucked so bad and tried to quit every 5 minutes. That's what made it so funny when Jay decided to quit because he couldn't drink it.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh did not think of that.

Might not be quite 10 years, but he's been on that shit for a long time. Hell, I don't even think I was married when he was first on the show.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the Real World since its the feeder system for The Challenge and the new season of the RW was tonight. My only thought is I may finally be out on the show. That has to be the worst RW cast I've ever seen. Just awful, terrible people.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Challenge USA. I don’t watch Amazing Race or Love Island, so all those contestants are blank slates to me. I also don’t watch the Challenge in general, so the concept of the show is pretty fresh to me.

I am not a HUGE fan of the big stunts (too “produced” and too many “camera tricks” for my tastes), but the game format seems interesting. Interesting to see X and Kyland on the show together, yet apparently working together. There has to be some acknowledgement of their fight from BB23. X did say that he wasn’t going to stay loyal to the Cookout on this show, though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Challenge USA. I don’t watch Amazing Race or Love Island, so all those contestants are blank slates to me. I also don’t watch the Challenge in general, so the concept of the show is pretty fresh to me.

I am not a HUGE fan of the big stunts (too “produced” and too many “camera tricks” for my tastes), but the game format seems interesting. Interesting to see X and Kyland on the show together, yet apparently working together. There has to be some acknowledgement of their fight from BB23. X did say that he wasn’t going to stay loyal to the Cookout on this show, though.

It looks like its gonna be the same as the MTV version of the show, except with less partying and drunken antics, though even the MTV version has cut back on that in recent seasons

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected.

Tyson still Tv gold

And built for the challenge. Just running circles around these fools.

Survivor>BB

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected.

Tyson still Tv gold

And built for the challenge. Just running circles around these fools.

Survivor>BB
He's going to be a target every time he doesn't win the first challenge to remain safe.

And the first time he gets a weak partner, I cannot imagine the rest of the house wouldn't vote him in hoping he gets eliminated. Even the other Survivors know they can't beat him in the finals, so they'll go after him.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to be a target every time he doesn't win the first challenge to remain safe.

And the first time he gets a weak partner, I cannot imagine the rest of the house wouldn't vote him in hoping he gets eliminated. Even the other Survivors know they can't beat him in the finals, so they'll go after him.

This show is all about alliances and sticking to them.

Its unlikely he gets betrayed anytime soon by anyone Survivor and Angela from BB has his back.

This isnt like survivor where when someone is blindsided they are gone. All you do is throw him into elim. Also, so many of these survivor people are "knewer" and have aspirations of doing this reality shit whether its survivor again or something like this more frequently. Being the first one to take down your own show is a bad look.

And typically the challenge has male/female winners. So if anything girls like Sarah and Desi who are tanks want tyson in.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyson is a beast, but a moron. Why try to eliminate a strong girl / weak guy team? He should be trying to eliminate a week girl / strong guy team (like Cinco/Asah). He should have worked with someone to go in and take them out or put in a puff team to avoid the blood. I don’t know…. Maybe Cashay drove that discussion but the producers don’t like her so they just focused on Tyson?

applying the edit therum…

for the guys, Tyson, Dom and Derick are getting ALL the air time. I don’t watch the Challenge, so I don’t know the different player types, but it looks like a game that is more challenge based, so beasts can win this one. Is Tyson getting the winners edit? Maybe Leo as a dark horse? But isn’t the final challenge a total athletic destroyer? He won’t even finish that.

For the girls, Sarah, Angela and …. Cashay(??) are getting all the air time. Maybe Allyssa?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyson is a beast, but a moron. Why try to eliminate a strong girl / weak guy team? He should be trying to eliminate a week girl / strong guy team (like Cinco/Asah). He should have worked with someone to go in and take them out or put in a puff team to avoid the blood. I don’t know…. Maybe Cashay drove that discussion but the producers don’t like her so they just focused on Tyson?

applying the edit therum…

for the guys, Tyson, Dom and Derick are getting ALL the air time. I don’t watch the Challenge, so I don’t know the different player types, but it looks like a game that is more challenge based, so beasts can win this one. Is Tyson getting the winners edit? Maybe Leo as a dark horse? But isn’t the final challenge a total athletic destroyer? He won’t even finish that.

For the girls, Sarah, Angela and …. Cashay(??) are getting all the air time. Maybe Allyssa?

This is CBS so its probably a little different.

But Challenge doesnt have a similar winners edit to something like survivor.

Survivor protects its winners. Since the challenge is on MTV, if the winner of the challenge does something that is borderline racist/sexist or had massive blow ups in the house or just an overall dick. They never had a problem showing it.

And usually strong edits are for those that are best at narrating, which is mostly what we are getting in this show as well. Since the narration has to all be done after the fact, you have to have people that are both good at it and witty.

But yeah, Tyson and Alyssa back to back weeks making a bit short sighted revenge moves. Most challenge finals have a guy and girl winner. Where you either run with 1 girl the whole final or switch off with all of them(and vice versa) so if youre a male you want good females left. If youre a femal you want good males left.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is CBS so its probably a little different.

But Challenge doesnt have a similar winners edit to something like survivor.

Survivor protects its winners. Since the challenge is on MTV, if the winner of the challenge does something that is borderline racist/sexist or had massive blow ups in the house or just an overall dick. They never had a problem showing it.

And usually strong edits are for those that are best at narrating, which is mostly what we are getting in this show as well. Since the narration has to all be done after the fact, you have to have people that are both good at it and witty.

The producers on the credits look to be the same ones from the MTV version (maybe not all, but there's plenty) and from what I can tell, they're cutting it basically the exact same way. And like you said, The Challenge doesn't do winner's edits. The people that get confessionals and the most airtime will be those who are the most entertaining personalities and/or stay in the game for awhile, but personality is usually always the driving force. On the opposite side, you can use Azah as an example. Girl barely appeared in any of the previous episodes. All of sudden, she's getting airtime right from the start of the most recent episode. That's a telltale sign she's going into elimination. So stuff like that is the editing patterns for any viewers out there that are new to The Challenge.

TLDR: The people that get air time are the ones with the best personalities for the camera. If someone randomly gets airtime that hasn't been getting it, its because they're directly involved in events for that specific episode and will probably be gone by the end of said episode.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The producers on the credits look to be the same ones from the MTV version (maybe not all, but there's plenty) and from what I can tell, they're cutting it basically the exact same way. And like you said, The Challenge doesn't do winner's edits. The people that get confessionals and the most airtime will be those who are the most entertaining personalities and/or stay in the game for awhile, but personality is usually always the driving force. On the opposite side, you can use Azah as an example. Girl barely appeared in any of the previous episodes. All of sudden, she's getting airtime right from the start of the most recent episode. That's a telltale sign she's going into elimination. So stuff like that is the editing patterns for any viewers out there that are new to The Challenge.

TLDR: The people that get air time are the ones with the best personalities for the camera. If someone randomly gets airtime that hasn't been getting it, its because they're directly involved in events for that specific episode and will probably be gone by the end of said episode.

Yup and last episode that loser David finally got content and ended up in elimination.

Thats the one downside to the Challenge, they make things very obvious haha. Always have.

It was obvious Leo was going into elimination in some form too when they made it a point in the previously on segment to not just show Sarah shit talking him last ep, but Desi as well backing it up. I was like "yup, this dude is going in". Once Sarah was his partner, I tried to quickly find some place to let me bet my mortgage.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they showed the final winnings, they only went up to $249,950 each. What happened to the final $100?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they showed the final winnings, they only went up to $249,950 each. What happened to the final $100?

They were just sloppy. That whole Final was a complete shit show.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked that Tyson quit. I guess it made sense from the competition stand point since he had to beat Danny and Danny essentially already finished, but I didn’t think Tyson had “quit” in him.

Angela’s quit was pitiful.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was shocked that Tyson quit. I guess it made sense from the competition stand point since he had to beat Danny and Danny essentially already finished, but I didn’t think Tyson had “quit” in him.

Why didn't the producers tell Angela that if she didn't 'try', she would be booted?

Did we ever see Sarah finish that first puzzle? Did she time out?

While I like the Challenge format, they need Survivor-type fairness in their challenges.
Conversely, Survivor could add some Challenge-like elements to spice things up.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why didn't the producers tell Angela that if she didn't 'try', she would be booted?

Did we ever see Sarah finish that first puzzle? Did she time out?

While I like the Challenge format, they need Survivor-type fairness in their challenges.
Conversely, Survivor could add some Challenge-like elements to spice things up.

Angela got fucked over by production. They didn't explain clearly enough. If you watch the show, you could venture to guess that her not participating would lead to a DQ, but the way the rules were explained to the players (at least what was shown), Angela's logic is sound. And they let Justine move on without completing the previous leg since she was already in last so you could see how Angela would think "I can just take last place here". They fucked her over with how sloppy they conducted that Final.

As for Sarah, I'm pretty convinced she didn't actually finish anything, but since every other woman quit, they had to have a winner. So production just let her get by with stuff and prayed she made it up the mountain.